Choice of Project Car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
wah.. wide body with the bent square petrol cover? Pro jobs! I guess when there's a will there's a way.

wah.. wide body with the bent square petrol cover? Pro jobs! I guess when there's a will there's a way.

If such conversion is done with Inspira 1.8 manual, it will be very difficult to differentiate between the real evo x and inspira. Unless you open up the engine cover or look at the underbody for the 4WD drive shaft. :biggrin:

If such conversion is done with Inspira 1.8 manual, it will be very difficult to differentiate between the real evo x and inspira. Unless you open up the engine cover or look at the underbody for the 4WD drive shaft. :biggrin:

Maybe converted 4WD also :biggrin: a full conversion :biggrin:

that is a dubass did that in penang
he owns both evo x and lancer GT
tried to make the impossible, but he finally declared he got beaten

rumours from the street

Absurd. Why continuing to put money to modify Lancer GT when a person has already owned Evolution X.

Absurd. Why continuing to put money to modify Lancer GT when a person has already owned Evolution X.

cuz got money. And curious. If I had money i'd try to fit a Ferrari engine into my Wira. Just. Because. I. Can. LOL

cuz got money. And curious. If I had money i'd try to fit a Ferrari engine into my Wira. Just. Because. I. Can. LOL

Ferrari engine in Wira is probably a new experiment with interesting outcome. But like VR2turbo said, Mitsubishi back into a Mitsubishi. That means the owner is trying to recreate a Evo X experience in a Lancer GT? He already got the real thing...

Yours is different, but for him, Mitsu back into a Mitsu......:stupid::burnout:

Correct, haha.

That's why crazyee called him a dubass :rofl:

By the time you accelerate, your wira rear side will be waiting for you at the starting line while
u race to the finish line with 2 front wheels :rofl: :laugh:

That's why crazyee called him a dubass :rofl:

By the time you accelerate, your wira rear side will be waiting for you at the starting line while
u race to the finish line with 2 front wheels :rofl: :laugh:

That's why it is stupid. I mean if he bought a new Lancer GT (assume he bought it new for RM123k) and tried to fit in a 4WD system into it, I think he must have spent around RM140-150k for the total package including the car. What the hell man, with that amount of money, one can buy a recond Evo VIII or Evo IX or Impreza WRX STI Ver 8/9. What for spending that much of $ on Lancer GT. Why not buy another WRX STI or another Evo. Then at least he can boast and proudly say that he owned 2 Evo or 1 Evo and 1 WRX STI. That sounds way better than owning an Evo and one more souped up Lancer GT. :stupid: Just my 2 cents, no offence here to those that really want to modify Lancer GT.

But I doubt that the V8 or V12 Ferrari engine can fit into wira. With that much of power, even C99 chassis also might not be able to withstand it. :rofl:

That's why it is stupid. I mean if he bought a new Lancer GT (assume he bought it new for RM123k) and tried to fit in a 4WD system into it, I think he must have spent around RM140-150k for the total package including the car. What the hell man, with that amount of money, one can buy a recond Evo VIII or Evo IX or Impreza WRX STI Ver 8/9. What for spending that much of $ on Lancer GT. Why not buy another WRX STI or another Evo. Then at least he can boast and proudly say that he owned 2 Evo or 1 Evo and 1 WRX STI. That sounds way better than owning an Evo and one more souped up Lancer GT. :stupid: Just my 2 cents, no offence here to those that really want to modify Lancer GT.

But I doubt that the V8 or V12 Ferrari engine can fit into wira. With that much of power, even C99 chassis also might not be able to withstand it. :rofl:

:rofl: That's why I mentioned his wira will split into half :rofl: Chassis torn off :rofl:

Ya, I remember there is a forum where some Singapore forumers find some of us Malaysians kinda silly to spend so much money to mod a stock family car and with those money spent could actually get them a decent performance car or sports car. Well, that's what I remember.

I kinda agree in a way. Sometimes, if we saved up those money spend on some sedan cars that is not meant for race or high speeds, we can actually use those money to get a better car to mod.

So, depends on individuals. We get satisfied by improving our stock cars but to them, is not worth
modding at all on those cars.

:rofl: That's why I mentioned his wira will split into half :rofl: Chassis torn off :rofl:

Ya, I remember there is a forum where some Singapore forumers find some of us Malaysians kinda silly to spend so much money to mod a stock family car and with those money spent could actually get them a decent performance car or sports car. Well, that's what I remember.

I kinda agree in a way. Sometimes, if we saved up those money spend on some sedan cars that is not meant for race or high speeds, we can actually use those money to get a better car to mod.

So, depends on individuals. We get satisfied by improving our stock cars but to them, is not worth

Well, if your car is very cheap like KE70 or old Wira, Satria and Putra, then it's ok la to mod it because at the end, total cost of it also you can't get any decent new performance cars. Maybe it can just get you something like Vios, City, Almera, Mazda 2 or something like that. Of course, at that pricing, you can get other cars like old Civics with VTEC, converted evo 4,5,6 from lancer ck, GC8 Impreza, 180SX, Altezza, FC3S RX-7, RX-8, Evo 3 and all that. But for those cars, you might end up spending more on it just to get it working right and parts for those don't come cheap or easy to find.

So, assuming that you get a Putra, Perdana, Wira, Satria or KE70 and you modify it. Give it a total cost of 90k for example. You'll probably fix everything in the car to a good condition already and that's roughly all that is. Not much extra cost to add on except for regular service or maintenance costs. However, if you take the total sum of 90k and you get yourself something like a 2nd hand performance cars that I mentioned above, you will still need extra $ to repair whatever faulty parts that there is on that car. So you ended up like paying 90k for just the car, and you will be paying even more (maybe another 90k) just to make it alright and performing well.

Well, if your car is very cheap like KE70 or old Wira, Satria and Putra, then it's ok la to mod it because at the end, total cost of it also you can't get any decent new performance cars. Maybe it can just get you something like Vios, City, Almera, Mazda 2 or something like that. Of course, at that pricing, you can get other cars like old Civics with VTEC, converted evo 4,5,6 from lancer ck, GC8 Impreza, 180SX, Altezza, FC3S RX-7, RX-8, Evo 3 and all that. But for those cars, you might end up spending more on it just to get it working right and parts for those don't come cheap or easy to find.

So, assuming that you get a Putra, Perdana, Wira, Satria or KE70 and you modify it. Give it a total cost of 90k for example. You'll probably fix everything in the car to a good condition already and that's roughly all that is. Not much extra cost to add on except for regular service or maintenance costs. However, if you take the total sum of 90k and you get yourself something like a 2nd hand performance cars that I mentioned above, you will still need extra $ to repair whatever faulty parts that there is on that car. So you ended up like paying 90k for just the car, and you will be paying even more (maybe another 90k) just to make it alright and performing well.

Ya, those are just some POV of theirs, personal preferences. KE70 is a good car to start with
as well. I guess their meaning is like modding Vios, Myvi, Saga or Waja which is not actually
a suitable performance car is kinda waste of money even though after modding it can smoke
or play with a few stock performance cars and etcs.

To them, getting a 2nd hand Evo or Subaru to play with is much more worth than trying
to tune a Vios or any other normal sedans into a performance car.

But then still personal preferences. At least to us, is the cheapest way to gain extra from
our current affordable car instead of waiting to get a Subaru or Evo. Some satisfaction for
us here.

Like Altis is also a family sedan but then is up to individuals if we want to mod it. Still
end of the day as long as the owner is happy with what he is doing. Can't please everyone
in the world. Do what we like will do :top:

Is the thrill in improving our stock cars to a better car :top:
But and drive is a different thing than putting our sweat and effort in improving and building one.

Only money is the thing that stand between us :rofl:

pwhyze, Did the owner recently enter the Firebird Trans-Am at the Citta Mall car show couple weeks back? i saw it displayed next to the Eleanor.

Can brother. We are discussing project car mah! With tons of $$$ can cut the wira into 2, that is from front to rear and steel plates and weld back to accommodate the bigger engine....:biggrin:

There was one VW beetle done that way to accommodated the Porsche 928S engine. Read some where cannot find the article already....:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

welding, welding, welding and more welding......:biggrin:

Ya, those are just some POV of theirs, personal preferences. KE70 is a good car to start with
as well. I guess their meaning is like modding Vios, Myvi, Saga or Waja which is not actually
a suitable performance car is kinda waste of money even though after modding it can smoke
or play with a few stock performance cars and etcs.

To them, getting a 2nd hand Evo or Subaru to play with is much more worth than trying
to tune a Vios or any other normal sedans into a performance car.

But then still personal preferences. At least to us, is the cheapest way to gain extra from
our current affordable car instead of waiting to get a Subaru or Evo. Some satisfaction for
us here.

Like Altis is also a family sedan but then is up to individuals if we want to mod it. Still
end of the day as long as the owner is happy with what he is doing. Can't please everyone
in the world. Do what we like will do :top:

Is the thrill in improving our stock cars to a better car :top:
But and drive is a different thing than putting our sweat and effort in improving and building one.

Only money is the thing that stand between us :rofl:

Well, at least modifying a car with some performance based background (EF, EG, EK Civics, Satria GTi, Putra, Corolla SEG AE101, AE111, KE70) are better than modifying those that has nothing to do with performance at all (Myvi, City, Vios, new Saga). At the very least, those old cars have lots of compatible parts with some other sports car or they have a wide range of aftermarket performance parts from well known manufacturers. You want to modify a car, at least choose one with some potential and a good chassis. Not just pick any random car.

Can brother. We are discussing project car mah! With tons of $$$ can cut the wira into 2, that is from front to rear and steel plates and weld back to accommodate the bigger engine....:biggrin:

There was one VW beetle done that way to accommodated the Porsche 928S engine. Read some where cannot find the article already....:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Do such extreme weld like cutting on Wira, later the chassis rigidity and stiffness also won't be that good already. :biggrin:

human is a funny thing, when u have money with no knowledge, you can spend like idiot
declare war between street stuff and engineering.

i have have take amount, i'm already driving my own made car, literary everything do it myself

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

then you're being idiot, because you choose to be.

number of zero in your bank account doesnt reflect class

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

this is why this topic start up from.
Project car, not your everyday car. all out for performance with no compromise

that;s why Wira is no go in my list, stop promoting C99, when comes to real racing, no one believe this stock chassis. Unless you can provide me legit deflection rate of the chassis.

in European, cars are cheap, they can easily have a boring everyday car + mighty track car.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

spend on cash and reserve cash in hand is 2 different thing
to me, Proton cars doesnt have restore value.
the cars tolerance is enormous, the gap is too huge, which means was poor engineered
any mechanical engineering will agree on this.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

classic beetle and porsche share some DNA
in fact, porsche was based on beetle to begin with

why cut and weld wira chassis? why not engineer your own chassis? with basic space frame
much better than wira chassis.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom