Choice of Project Car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
crazyee : :biggrin: the day I have that much money to burn, will be the day I become an idiot. I don't need class, just have curiousity. Haha!

Renesis/SupFan : Dudes, I don't know about you - I mod because I'm curious to know what it'll do to the car. I don't mod because it's cost effective or whatever crap. If I wanted cost effective, I would've transplanted a Mivec or GSR ages ago instead of spending half a year DIY-ing and modifying my ancient 4G15. And the amount of money I spent modding it could have easily funded a Mivec, refurbished it with new parts and install into my car. One does not mod because it's cost effective to buy a new car, one mods for pure satisfaction. Period.

:thefinger:

crazyee : :biggrin: the day I have that much money to burn, will be the day I become an idiot. I don't need class, just have curiousity. Haha!

Renesis/SupFan : Dudes, I don't know about you - I mod because I'm curious to know what it'll do to the car. I don't mod because it's cost effective or whatever crap. If I wanted cost effective, I would've transplanted a Mivec or GSR ages ago instead of spending half a year DIY-ing and modifying my ancient 4G15. And the amount of money I spent modding it could have easily funded a Mivec, refurbished it with new parts and install into my car. One does not mod because it's cost effective to buy a new car, one mods for pure satisfaction. Period.

Kudo your passion, but with more engineering knowledge you can be better

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Can anyone help me, is wira better than satria or is satria better than wira?

If it's for project car
SATRIA
forget about wora, why do u need four doors? Extra weight, extra weight transfer, extra a lot no good things

Experimenting while modifying seems to be the way you wanted. Not bad. Dare to try something new is commendable. :biggrin:

Can anyone help me, is wira better than satria or is satria better than wira?
Besides the Satria Neo chassis, there are few older Proton chassis which is quite okay.
This includes the C99 aka 1.8 Wira, Satria GTI or at least the 1.6 variant and Putra.
The 1.3 Satria chassis isn't double welded. Not viable as a project car chassis. Unless you do spot welding.
Putra is getting rare and just like the Satria GTI, it's is quite a thief magnet, but it offer more fun since its already on 4G93.

...One does not mod because it's cost effective to buy a new car, one mods for pure satisfaction. Period.
You sum it up the best!
That is why some people go NA mod which is much complicated and more expensive to achieve desirable power compare to turbo mod. It was the pure satisfaction that feed the passion that matter most!

Kudo your passion, but with more engineering knowledge you can be better

Definitely agree with you. But with engineering, one needs $ so when I do have $, the engineering 'play' will go crazy. :biggrin:

Actually what do you do for a living? I've been reading your stuff and you're obviously very knowledgeable

Well, at least modifying a car with some performance based background (EF, EG, EK Civics, Satria GTi, Putra, Corolla SEG AE101, AE111, KE70) are better than modifying those that has nothing to do with performance at all (Myvi, City, Vios, new Saga). At the very least, those old cars have lots of compatible parts with some other sports car or they have a wide range of aftermarket performance parts from well known manufacturers. You want to modify a car, at least choose one with some potential and a good chassis. Not just pick any random car.

Do such extreme weld like cutting on Wira, later the chassis rigidity and stiffness also won't be that good already. :biggrin:

Yup, agree on getting a better chassis or performance car to mod rather than any other cars
that is not suitable and end up in deep shit.

But lots of people are spending unnecessary money on unnecessary mods. We can see lots
in Malaysia. They just dump money like as if they have lots but actually work their ass up for it.

Exterior mods especially. The more Ah Beng it looks, the more high and mighty they feel.

To me as long as we do mods that are actually beneficial, then is much more worth it and I wont
call them idiots.

Agree, self-satisfaction. That is why u r the DIY ifu in here :biggrin: :adore:
Nah, I meant to say is okay to mod, yours are actually worth it to me. Not an Ah Beng wira :rofl:
Like the photo that vr2turbo send to us. Quad Exhaust Myvi. :stupid:

Those I'm speechless :banghead:

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Definitely agree with you. But with engineering, one needs $ so when I do have $, the engineering 'play' will go crazy. :biggrin:

Actually what do you do for a living? I've been reading your stuff and you're obviously very knowledgeable

Mechanical Engineer? :biggrin:

Nah, I meant to say is okay to mod, yours are actually worth it to me. Not an Ah Beng wira :rofl:

Got different mod people. Some mod engine for power, some mod car for looks, but sometimes gone wrong and look worst....:biggrin:

Yup, agree on getting a better chassis or performance car to mod rather than any other cars
that is not suitable and end up in deep shit.

But lots of people are spending unnecessary money on unnecessary mods. We can see lots
in Malaysia. They just dump money like as if they have lots but actually work their ass up for it.

Exterior mods especially. The more Ah Beng it looks, the more high and mighty they feel.

To me as long as we do mods that are actually beneficial, then is much more worth it and I wont
call them idiots.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Mechanical Engineer? :biggrin:

Modding exterior is okay as long as you don't go for extreme looking bodykits from ah beng or whatever custom workshop. Example, evo x style wira or satria. Or skyline style proton saga. Those are horrible. Want to mod bodykit, at least choose some from OEM products instead of going for ah beng kits. There are a lot of good looking bodykits out there but they choose to go for the ah beng route.

Quad exhaust Myvi pic? Where? :biggrin:

Got different mod people. Some mod engine for power, some mod car for looks, but sometimes gone wrong and look worst....:biggrin:

Many who go for engine power retains a stock or unassuming looks on the external of their car. There are also many who had spent like thousands of ringgit for bodykits, stickers, rims but they left the engine stock.

I was once that ah beng..LOL! My Satria had full Buddyclub kits including a custom EK spoiler. Konon EK wannabe :biggrin: Mivec isn't working for me.

I was once that ah beng..LOL! My Satria had full Buddyclub kits including a custom EK spoiler. Konon EK wannabe :biggrin: Mivec isn't working for me.

Most important thing is that you mentioned 'ONCE'. That means you're not an ah beng now, haha. :biggrin: Then now what happen to your Satria? Or you got yourself an EK already?

pwhyze, Did the owner recently enter the Firebird Trans-Am at the Citta Mall car show couple weeks back? i saw it displayed next to the Eleanor.

No idea man, but I doubt it since I haven't seen (or rather heard) the car moving for quite awhile now.

I traded that piece for a CRZ... Now my mods are clean and subtle. Protons give a good learning platform.

Ah, Mugens are over-rated here. Maybe when I get bored of the standard looks there's many other tuners later on. SC is on my list after the warranty so now just enjoying my ride with wheels and springs.

Ah, Mugens are over-rated here. Maybe when I get bored of the standard looks there's many other tuners later on. SC is on my list after the warranty so now just enjoying my ride with wheels and springs.

I like the Mugen 4th brake lights only. Hahahahaha
I like the fitment.

I traded that piece for a CRZ... Now my mods are clean and subtle. Protons give a good learning platform.

Protons got plenty of items for mod.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Go 18" brother.....:driver::biggrin:

I guess your CRZ is manual? Assuming that you are once a Satria owner who mods the car.

SC to 300hp :biggrin:

Your avatar shows how much you liked CR-Z. So I know that when we mention CR-Z, for sure you will appear, haha.

Protons got plenty of items for mod.....:biggrin:[COLOR="Silver"

Mostly Mitsubishi related items. :biggrin:

Satria pre-neo is a nice platform to mod and is very straight forward system since its an old tech. DIY isn't too much heartache, I can rip something out w/o feeling too bad because of parts availability. Only the Satria A-pillar is rare in the market when I ripped the pillars to install meters. I pretty much DIYed the ICE system and run cabling in my old car, DIY soundproofing, DIY CAI and small bits.

18's are too heavy, I'm on 17's now and planning to down to 16's with meaty fitments. I like meaty!!!

Prolly SC to a comfy 180hp good enough for sporty driving ler...

Once a manual tranny, I won't own an auto. :driver:

Satria pre-neo is a nice platform to mod and is very straight forward system since its an old tech. DIY isn't too much heartache, I can rip something out w/o feeling too bad because of parts availability. Only the Satria A-pillar is rare in the market when I ripped the pillars to install meters. I pretty much DIYed the ICE system and run cabling in my old car, DIY soundproofing, DIY CAI and small bits.

18's are too heavy, I'm on 17's now and planning to down to 16's with meaty fitments. I like meaty!!!

Prolly SC to a comfy 180hp good enough for sporty driving ler...

Once a manual tranny, I won't own an auto. :driver:

I thought original was 16", you change to 17" now want to go back to 16".
Oh! because I sat in one on 18", one thing a bit too bumpy. I think was 215/40R18...but rims was very nice. See if I can take pics of them....:biggrin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom