Can altec lansing be a car speaker ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

intrexpo

Jun 20, 2004
Thanks KS goh..

Actually i can direct link from car speaker wire to Altec lansing satelite speaker and the Bass sepaker.Everything is ok...

However it cant Separate the bass and tweet sound.

If use whole Altec lansing with the circuit inside.build in Crossover.I think no problem....

Where , what and how much the power convertor can get it ??I have no idea about this convertor.

Which car wire(wire supply) can i link to convertor ??

HAve to try this DIY !!!

Thanks,

Stanley

HidSeller

500 RPM
Sep 30, 2004
Yah sure no problem with it ....
cause my brother done it with His Kenari ....
Look like 5.1 now hehehhe......
u need to add the AC / DC converter ....

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
it won't b loud enof unless u hav a pretty good sound deadening on ur car, even then, u won't hav enof, will end up listening to speaker screaming thier cone out kekekeke :P

if u hav n xpensive set,,,,,then different story, but y do u wan to use xpensive pc speaker as car speaker since u can afford xpensive 1?

L9Turbo

Known Member
Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
The Ohm is different fro home and car speakers.

chelnick

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
i can get altec lansing car audio if you want.... have to find but i think can get...

anyone interested???

wrong topic though....

ooo i tried putting my cambridge soundworks woofer into my car....

got sound.... no power...... very soft....

intrexpo

Jun 20, 2004
My altec lansing is 4 ohms..suitable for car speaker also..

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
i have a set of ICE in my car that cost less than RM1k
and a 5.1 THX set of logitech speaker for PC which cost about RM750

to tell the truth, the logitech won't sound anything better than the car speaker
and it won't sound any better inside the car either.
cost pc speaker is meant for pc.
car speaker is meant for car.

sure PC speaker is CHEAP.
it sound great for your PC, but it will sound cheap in your car. cuz different source and such. you cannot expect that the CD player in the car will output the same sound as the PC sound card.

its not even worth the money to buy the AC/DC converter to connect the car battery to the speaker. the AC/dc converter probably cost more than your altec speaker. And your altec speaker WON'T last in your car. unless u dun park your car under the sun and you have V-COOL premium tint around your car.
but then, wat's the point? getting all the expensive stuff to just to make the cheap speaker work nicely in the car, why not just spend all the money on a decent car speaker setup. I can bet with u even those cheap audio stuff less than RM1k full set one, got 2 set component, got one 12" subwoofer and one amp, the sound also more powerful that the cheap altec.

ksgoh

1,000 RPM
May 19, 2004
Kedah/Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by xcheong@Oct 12 2004, 17:28
i have a set of ICE in my car that cost less than RM1k
and a 5.1 THX set of logitech speaker for PC which cost about RM750

to tell the truth, the logitech won't sound anything better than the car speaker
and it won't sound any better inside the car either.
cost pc speaker is meant for pc.
car speaker is meant for car.

sure PC speaker is CHEAP.
it sound great for your PC, but it will sound cheap in your car. cuz different source and such. you cannot expect that the CD player in the car will output the same sound as the PC sound card.

its not even worth the money to buy the AC/DC converter to connect the car battery to the speaker. the AC/dc converter probably cost more than your altec speaker. And your altec speaker WON'T last in your car. unless u dun park your car under the sun and you have V-COOL premium tint around your car.
but then, wat's the point? getting all the expensive stuff to just to make the cheap speaker work nicely in the car, why not just spend all the money on a decent car speaker setup. I can bet with u even those cheap audio stuff less than RM1k full set one, got 2 set component, got one 12" subwoofer and one amp, the sound also more powerful that the cheap altec.
hi xcheong,
u have that set in ur car already??

siawgu

Mar 2, 2005
Kuching, Sarawa
Visit site
i now suggesting to put the Altec Lansing 45.1 subwoofer into my car (Kancil I-Bug) btw i dun have amp to boost the bass up... then need to wait for $$... got cheap amp to intro?

n305er

Known Member
Jan 25, 2005
- Penang -
www.n305er.com
Normal PC woofers uses the wall to reflect the bass.. Inside the car.. Hmm... *yawn*

But you might want to try to open up the case and apply some superlon on the sides plus some outside just to protect it from the heat and have richer bass.. Only slightly richer...

I

Indecided

the only easily viable option here is really to use the 45.1's subwoofer box and 6.5" subwoofer.

strip the internals, electronics, everything.. reseal all the holes, remove the transformer bolted to the floor, and run a seperate low-power amplifier straight to the 6.5" sub.

If you want to engineer the whole system to run as it was.. you'll need a few things.

1) 12V inverter or electrical knowledge to rewire the altec transformer

2) some sort of shade for your satellites

3) a lot of guts

As mentioned above, PC altecs aren't designed to take the outdoor heat. the glue holding the cone would probably melt in no time... car speakers have been UV treated/etc.

The only use for the sub box + sub is probably for upfront bass (right behind ur seat) Tried that but a pity that the sub blew prematurely (it's rated at 23 watts, no doubt.........)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all ZTH, this is my 1st Post topic here and need help from you all,

I would like to know where can i repair my RECARO SEATS?

there is a small hole and i scare that will becoming bigger one day, so pls tell me

at where i can do it CHEAPER?

or I have think want to re LAther it, two recaro seats and behind seat.

how much it will cost? thanks for helping...

:ph34r:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience