Can altec lansing be a car speaker ?

intrexpo

Jun 20, 2004
Dear all.

Suddenly think about this DIY. ANybody know well in electronic and done this DIY before pls share with us.

Altec lansing quite powerful speaker.i prefer altec lansing 24.1.

This speaker come with 2 satelite and 1 woofer.

Come share with us...

regards,
Stanley

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Not powerful enough... n besides the speaker casing will melt due to extreme temperature inside the cabin...

I

Indecided

the acoustics of home/PC speakers and its enclosures are not recommended and will not sound good in a car. i have experimented with ACS45.1 subwoofers in the front, though. fun :) cheap and cheerful

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Actually altec lansing does made car speaker...i ever saw in my friend Evo...but in Hong Kong lah :D hehehe..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I've a set of Altec Lansing 3-way car speaker on my mom's BMW... gonna swap them... hehehehe! :P

LAWRENCE_Q

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
JB
Visit site
suggest u go jln pasar, buy all the part n diy urself LAGI fun....

cheap oso....(buy china product lah!!!)

<1k oso can built a vr nice sound system.....

Booze

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
My bed room "on da BED"
www.defcon.org
How to use Altec Lansing in car?
car voltage = 12V DC
Altec = AC current

zamans98

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
i tried, but not powerful....

Booze, u need to cut the AC wire, from inside the transformer u can get reconnect out 2 wires..

Booze

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
My bed room "on da BED"
www.defcon.org
Can you explain a bit?

booboo

May 26, 2004
I replaced my Wira OEM speaker with 3 way Altec lansing after it kaput. Bought at RM110/pair. So So only, without Woofer. Anyway, I have upgrade with a passive subwoofer from my home theater system. Sound better now with this combination.

tykiasu

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2004
Johor Bahru
i tried using hi fi speaker instead of altec lansing. sound's good in kancil with stock palyer. :P sounds bassy..

Echovvti

Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Never tried b4 hahah..

Stumble on this link last time. The guy installed a Klipsch Promedia 4.1 in his suv Good stuff.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Click Here

jamis

Dec 2, 2003
heard my bro fren put b4.... not so powerful but still better than dun have. conver the ac to dc. i think my bro fren is using the computer backup battery to supply the electricity for the altec. hope can help~

Booze

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
My bed room "on da BED"
www.defcon.org
Originally posted by booboo@Jul 24 2004, 11:25 AM
I replaced my Wira OEM speaker with 3 way Altec lansing after it kaput. Bought at RM110/pair. So So only, without Woofer. Anyway, I have upgrade with a passive subwoofer from my home theater system. Sound better now with this combination.
How do u convert the AC to DC?

subsonique

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Flashpoint
my Fiat Bravo buddy has a pair of Altec Lansing rear speakers. sounds good though. and it was made for mobile unit, not home ones.

ericlau

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
oh...sound interesting....
i also dream to put my PC speaker(Altec Lansing-ADA.305) into my car....
i love the sound of woofer....GOOD.....but dunno can transfer into car or not...
B) B) B)

intrexpo

Jun 20, 2004
Anyone can explaing more detail for us about how to make pc speaker to car speaker.

I try to link the wire to woofer speaker and satelite speaker.Not bad.

My altec lansing 45.1 controller was faulty.I don want to waste it..so try to DIY to MY car.

WELCOME any sifu.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all bros,

i wanna paint my car. Well im planning to do so maybe this month. But the thing is, this is the first time im actually getting the whole car painted..... normally its just bumpers, skirts, etc.... not the whole car.... i have been reading and browsing and also surveying but its making me harder to decide... so i need help.... if bro have any info plus images of your ride.... pls feel free to share...

WHAT I WANT
i want to paint my car back to its original color...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience