Can altec lansing be a car speaker ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

intrexpo

Dear all.

Suddenly think about this DIY. ANybody know well in electronic and done this DIY before pls share with us.

Altec lansing quite powerful speaker.i prefer altec lansing 24.1.

This speaker come with 2 satelite and 1 woofer.

Come share with us...

regards,
Stanley

Not powerful enough... n besides the speaker casing will melt due to extreme temperature inside the cabin...

the acoustics of home/PC speakers and its enclosures are not recommended and will not sound good in a car. i have experimented with ACS45.1 subwoofers in the front, though. fun :) cheap and cheerful

Actually altec lansing does made car speaker...i ever saw in my friend Evo...but in Hong Kong lah :D hehehe..

I've a set of Altec Lansing 3-way car speaker on my mom's BMW... gonna swap them... hehehehe! :P

suggest u go jln pasar, buy all the part n diy urself LAGI fun....

cheap oso....(buy china product lah!!!)

<1k oso can built a vr nice sound system.....

i tried, but not powerful....

Booze, u need to cut the AC wire, from inside the transformer u can get reconnect out 2 wires..

I replaced my Wira OEM speaker with 3 way Altec lansing after it kaput. Bought at RM110/pair. So So only, without Woofer. Anyway, I have upgrade with a passive subwoofer from my home theater system. Sound better now with this combination.

i tried using hi fi speaker instead of altec lansing. sound's good in kancil with stock palyer. :P sounds bassy..

Never tried b4 hahah..

Stumble on this link last time. The guy installed a Klipsch Promedia 4.1 in his suv Good stuff.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Click Here

Originally posted by Echovvti@Jul 24 2004, 01:45 PM
Never tried b4 hahah..

Stumble on this link last time. The guy installed a Klipsch Promedia 4.1 in his suv Good stuff.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Click Here
yes, that's cool....

heard my bro fren put b4.... not so powerful but still better than dun have. conver the ac to dc. i think my bro fren is using the computer backup battery to supply the electricity for the altec. hope can help~

Originally posted by booboo@Jul 24 2004, 11:25 AM
I replaced my Wira OEM speaker with 3 way Altec lansing after it kaput. Bought at RM110/pair. So So only, without Woofer. Anyway, I have upgrade with a passive subwoofer from my home theater system. Sound better now with this combination.
How do u convert the AC to DC?

my Fiat Bravo buddy has a pair of Altec Lansing rear speakers. sounds good though. and it was made for mobile unit, not home ones.

oh...sound interesting....
i also dream to put my PC speaker(Altec Lansing-ADA.305) into my car....
i love the sound of woofer....GOOD.....but dunno can transfer into car or not...
B) B) B)

Anyone can explaing more detail for us about how to make pc speaker to car speaker.

I try to link the wire to woofer speaker and satelite speaker.Not bad.

My altec lansing 45.1 controller was faulty.I don want to waste it..so try to DIY to MY car.

WELCOME any sifu.....

Top Bottom