Buying a Lancer Evo?

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
we here also got mivec brothers mah!!! dont worry! hehehehe... minyak very mahal now a days so cannot tekan!! hehehehe

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
u know nowadays got something call NGV :P

maybe can try dat out :)) heard its only rm7 for 1 tong of gas :))

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
dd,
hahahhaha.. then i put a white light box on my roof written"taxi" hehehehehehe
NGV need licensing... but using NGV your car will lose power lor... coz i ask the taxi driver before.. they said especially going up hill... slow like hell!!

honfaai

Sep 23, 2006
Eh, that NGV is those gas which taxi uses right?

What about the new bi-petrol that petronas recently introduced? It cannot be used on our average unleaded petrol engines can it?

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
honfaai said:
Eh, that NGV is those gas which taxi uses right?

What about the new bi-petrol that petronas recently introduced? It cannot be used on our average unleaded petrol engines can it?
yup.. but the bi petrol.. i dare not try liow.. maybe can start on a proton car first lor...hehe

wongsengming

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
all evo senior,
do the ACD can be on/off? if yes mostly u guys will on it or off? why? :Not_Impressed:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
It cant b off my fren... Its either u choose it on Tarmac, Gravel or Snow setting!!! Usually v wil b using Tarmac, cos it is meant for de tarmac road tht v r using day in day out... Tarmac setting, torque is split into abt 50-50 on de front n de rear wheel; Gravel wil b more torwards de rear wheel while Snow wil b mainly in de front wheel!!! Cant recall de exact split figures, guess u got to Google it for more info.!!!

Hope this help!!! :_:

wongsengming

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
all senior,
wat brand/ oil viscosity recommend use in evo engine/ gearbox?
do here discuss about mod evo?

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
engine.. some use 10-40..some use 15-50.... depending your driving behaviour...

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
need advice/opinion

Dear MLOC members,

Happy new year to all.

I wish to aquire an E7 and would like to ask for some advice since you guys would be the best ppl to ask.

im looking at an unreg unit 2001 stock standard priced at 15x,xxx.00

please share info and advcie the following

price.........izzit the current market. I've seen sum 2nd hands going for 14xk. izzit really true tat unreg units will cost slightly higher.

specs.? what comes as standard? what are the diff. variants avail.?

is a lancer evo and lancer evo gsr same? if no, how to tell diffs.

when i test drive are there any tell tale signs i should look out for to ensure the car would not give major probs. sounds? feelings during gear shifts? how is the "G" during 1,2,3 gear shift?

does this engine (4g63?) have a tappet probs like the 6a12TT's do?

does any one know why the evos dont have a digital a/c panel? or it depends on diff variants? we pay so much but the tech. not avail?

im oso told tat this cars only come with central locking and no alarm sys from japan. true or false? pls reccomend suitable alarms to fit based on yr experiences. pls share pricing too and place u did pls.?

its normally advisable to change all fluids, belts , bearings, water pump, plugs, filters, bla bla bla........ when one buys a used car......pls share full change list and approx cost. also a good advice on a workshop who handles evos often.

pls advice necessary aftermarket gadgets for an evo? boost mtr, bov, wastegate, oil cooler, volt sta'lizer, etc.............

is there a manual avail for an E7 which I can get?.

I am sorry to burden you guys with so many questions, but I dont know where else to turn to for info on an evo.........i believe this is why there is a MLOC club. Helping newbies and also sharing knowledge.
once I haf bought the car I will want to be a member of this club. pls advcie formalities necessary.

I thank all of you in advance for your kind assistance and advice .

have a wonderfull and blessed 2007

kind regards

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
sorry guys i didnt read the first thread........some of my doubts have been cleared.......

i need more input.......pricing, spares list if possible, workshop names ( no daylight robbers and throat slitters pls) ..........

is it ok to use mineral engine oil but change on a monthly basis?

whats the std boost and a E7?

fuel consump/full tank cost?

does jpj ppl bother you during block?

how to see if tax is properly paid and AP is ori? i heard abt clonned ap's and one ap for many vehicles? nt really understanding all this terms.....

thanks very much again

kind regards

oonbc

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
evo
ur questions have a lot of answers and possibility too.. n different ppl hv diff. opinion also.. so the best to answer all ur questions is join us for a TT, then tons of information will be floating to u... :) then u evaluate urself...

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
sulkyb,

Hi bro n welcome u to our MLOC forum!!! :_: Yep, oonbc is right, u can PM Leslie (president of de club), B18C-R (V. P.) or myself ur hp no. so tht when there is any meet up v can sms u de location n time... U r very welcome to join us those ask questions tht u need to know... There wil b lotsa members willing to share their experiences with u... :_:

Ok, jus to answer some of ur simple Qs here. Yep, an unreg. car is cost more than a reg. 1... Currently an unreg E7 is going ard rm150k, but i believe it can b nego a bit... When doing test drive, its best tht u can get an experience fren together... So tht u know what to check on to ensure u get a healthy car... Make sure there wil b no strange noises from de engine n chasis while driving...

E7 fuel tank is smaller - 50L... So how's de f/c like u got to ask leslie, DD, Soundstream n other members...

JPJ wil b 'kacau' if ur exhuast is not extremely loud... haha... dun worry... Oso no super black tinted glass la...

After getting de car, u need to send it for servicing n oil change... during de service, de foreman wil normally tell u what oils u need to change by checking on de various oil quality...

Ok, hope to hv ur contact soonest, so tht members can advise u face-to-face easier n oso make more frens!!!

:_: Cheers!!!

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
hi guys,

have another question, i've seen two E7's with few differences

one is as follows

u know the place where we normally mount a pillar to fit the boost mtr and so on.........is it original that E7 come with tweeters there or not?

one E7 got one more dun haf.........the one whihc got does not look like after market oso.........seems to be factory fitted.....almost cannot notice..............

another diff was............

the one with the tweeter has its a/c buttons right below.......while the other has its a/c butons some where in the midle...............

lastly.............

the one with tweeters has HID.........while the other doesnt...........

me confused now..............

whose car is same as my description above.........esp the tweeters and a/c buttons? can post a pic pls?

are there diff versions of E7 avail.???

thanks alot and kind regards

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
The tweeter should be factory fitted.....HID ar .....E7 comes with HID meh ?? maybe self upgrade gua.....ehmmmmm....It is better ask E7 owner to answer...once again....dn hide lar...come out for TT ...then we will tell u everything....for just buying us Teh Tarik...hahahaha

Cheers

ariel

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2005
E3

...how much nowadays?:embaressed_smile:

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
sulkyb,
i read your questions until i pening oledy...hehehe... easier to join us in mamak and we can show you and explain to you easier with our rides with us... there are a few different specs on evo, usually it has differences due to its market to different countries. so.. you wil have uk,japan,usa etc...... all will have a slightly different in terms of looks and accesories.. but strip down.. all are same!!! come and join us la... !!

ariel,
e3 is a rare car dude... a hard to find car... should be around 35-55k depending on mod's and condition!!!

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
Thanks guys

Leslie, Kampoon and Stormvolution,

many thanks guys........appreciate the invitation and advice.........appreciate the hospitality from u all.............

firstly..............the I was keen on was snaped up by sumone else!!!!!!:cry_smile: ....
guess hafta start the search again................nowdays unreg units hard to find oso..........damn!!!!!! even if got hardly any is stock like the unit i saw,........mostly have mods from japan................suddenly feel im not destined to own an E7:cry_smile:

2nd'ly........currently not free to join u guys for TT due to personal commitments.....family expansion:angel_smile: ..............

should any of you come across an E7 unreg with reasonable price and stock pls advice...........most appreciated................

storm will update me on any TT's and if possible I will come..................

Thanks very much guys........

kind regards

p/s: ehh got such club as MEOC ah? ( mistubishi evolution owners club) ..........

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
sulkyb,
no worries as it took me 6months to look and buy an evo.... there is one at jalan sg besi.. silver colour..
MEOC does exist.. and they existed way longer than MLOC. but they are not so active due to the change in their comittee / leaders recently. so they are busy getting things done there... hope they come back soon thought...

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
wahliao eh...u say they not active...later they come over n vroom vroom us for "convoy" hor...then jia lak liao kekekeke

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
if you interested there is one unit left registered one.last time i test drive the unregistered already sold :( waaa my loan still not yet approved if not sure place deposit already hahahahah :P oh well me so miskin one perhaps to concentrate to my other 'options' hehehehe :(

please call this number 014-2246709 or 0122222117 his name was Chris.very2 nice fella :) and yeah the location at sungai besi.

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
hey bro.........

hehehe:angel_smile:

that unreg one was the one i was gunning for, unfortunately someone beat me to it. chris was handling for me..............i was just too slow to make up my mind...........damnit!!!!..........what to do...........my luck lah..............:cry_smile:
infact chris brought another one registered i saw and tested.............but i still feel like getting a stock unreg one...........I can do my own work on the car my self from scratch....... im still regretting why i didnt act swiftly on the silver one at loke yew.............just cannot get that unreg outta my mind............:cry_smile:

sad laaa:sad_smile: .....really......:emoticon_U:

kind regards

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
leslie, dewa........

ae you guys both reffering to the same car?????:omg_smile: if no i wanna know extact loc pls.........sg besi arr???........the one that I saw wit chris is at loke yew rite? silver oso..........they gt 2 units one stock unreg, another is loaded with barang...........

there is also a white unit in cheras i was told. any one know abt this car? has anyone checked it out? test drove it?know the price? reviews? ok or nt cond?
some dude in zth is selling a blue unit wit sunroof? E7's gt sunroof ha?:omg_smile: .....

and yea chris is a very nice fella...........i think worth dealing with him..........patient fella.........

kind regards

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone i don`t know iwas wrong or right posted this thread at here but hope u all accept it..

i decide to DIY custom make sub-woofer box and amplifier rack for my 2008 vios...(using fiber)

i already have all the tools and materials but just left 1 thing that i can`t find....

:banghead:so,can anyone tell me where to buy PREMIUM POLYESTER LAYUP RESIN.....?:hmmmm:

around KL or SELANGOR area.....

PLEASE HELP...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience