Brake upgrade -completed- thanks Ivan

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Thanks to one of our lobang king,Ivan, for selling me this brake from his halfcut.
He could have used it himself, but yet he's willing to share his halfcut bounty with others :adore:

Also thanks for the Japan guy who mod this celica caliper on the AE knuckle, for his hard work,
I only have to pay $80 to my mech to install to my car.

Caliper =Celica 4 pot ( some people going to flame me:bawling:, but I had to grind the edges of the caliper to fit 15" rim)
Disk = 300mm
Rim = 15 inch Buddy club P1 ( offset 27) clear caliper without use spacer
Brake pump= Levin double layer

Brake feel of the car now, 50% improvement over twin pot brakes, hehe...

Share some pics....

Attachments

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
fyuh..... ivan really become master oledi..

greats to hear that also...

Last edited:

Captain Fast

Known Member
Apr 9, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
wonderful upgrade bro...very small clearance! best stay away from potholes! and what adjustables are you using? i'm considering to change my stock setup :)

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Wow.. seriously man... really teeny clearance from the photos.
I guess you're maximizing your rim size huh?
Nice job though. Cheers!

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
mamat, what size is your spare tyres ? hope it is 15" & clearing the caliper also..else

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Cpt. Fast,my adjustable brand is Silk Road, same as on sale by bro Jim in the classifieds section.

Bro wfhan, my spare 14" only. Had a puncture front tire on LPT(kuantan) highway once. I had to take the rear Rim, put in front, and use the 14" spare on the rear wheel. It's a lot of work if the front tire is punctured...
Still looking for TE 37 rim, with offset 28.....

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
if i no mistaken... If using the Celica (not sure which model), the caliper can be nicely fit our SE, SEG... with very mirror mod only. The bracket about the same only.... 1 of my friend also use it... but need to use 15" inch (min) rim for clearance....

Captain Fast

Known Member
Apr 9, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
would be nice to use celica brakes but with all the holes in the road in malaysia, i really dun dare...would go for minimum 16 inch just to be safe :P but that's just me :)

mamat: how much stiffer is the adjustable as compared to stock? is it comfortable for daily usage?

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
16" rim would mean I have to buy 16"tires. EXPENSIVE, since I use exclusively Advan Neova, hahaha.... eksyen:biggrin:....
15" advan neova in size 195/55/15 range $255->280 per piece only.

Adjustable have to test with your own butt. I test my butt feel ok, but my wife seems to disagree with my butt.. hehe..
Adjustable in NEVER as comfortable as standard.

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Adjustable have to test with your own butt. I test my butt feel ok, but my wife seems to disagree with my butt.. hehe..
Mamat, I totally have to agree with you on that. To everyone, when selecting suspensions and settings, be sure to take the BUTTOLOGY test into account. If it doesn't agree with your bottom, you'll probably have to gain or lose a little weight. Wahahaha!!!

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
wow very small gap..just like my friend use toms 14 inch rim with Blacktop single pot brake..

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Cpt. Fast,my adjustable brand is Silk Road, same as on sale by bro Jim in the classifieds section.

Bro wfhan, my spare 14" only. Had a puncture front tire on LPT(kuantan) highway once. I had to take the rear Rim, put in front, and use the 14" spare on the rear wheel. It's a lot of work if the front tire is punctured...
Still looking for TE 37 rim, with offset 28.....
ya.. swap front and rear a lot of work, try to go chopshop find those 15" space-saver tyre..
arnd rm60~rm80 per pcs.. most came with toyo space saver tyre... hehe...
but hv to test fixed it to see it clear caliper or not.. mine cleared.

if i no mistaken... If using the Celica (not sure which model), the caliper can be nicely fit our SE, SEG... with very mirror mod only. The bracket about the same only.... 1 of my friend also use it... but need to use 15" inch (min) rim for clearance....
i'm also using caliper frm celica (3sgte), just p&p the caliper to the levin disc.
minimum is 15", and still got better/bigger gab compares to mamatae111's .. BUT..
mine is only twin-pot.

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
i'm also using caliper frm celica (3sgte), just p&p the caliper to the levin disc.
minimum is 15", and still got better/bigger gab compares to mamatae111's .. BUT..
mine is only twin-pot.

huh? twin pot meh? but my friend is 4 pot le.... taken from celica too...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've heard that the electric car Nissan Leaf is going to be launched over here soon with the estimated/rumored price of around RM168k. So, the question is, do you think it is feasible to buy this electric car at such a price?

I think not. Well, there are some people who have been arguing with me over the internet about my opinion though. I was thinking like, if the motive is for saving the cost of petrol bills, why not just buy a cheaper car like Prius, Insight or Prius C for example and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience