Another 800bhp BCNR33 on our streets?

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
If you say so ... Then, the "rojak" workshop seemed to have made things work when others says "impossible" :idea:

It just makes me want to source for the Extreme mag (omit the hp's claim) but I do hope there is much written about the 6-speed conversion :hmmmm:

May be threading on your path, if not very soon :biggrin:
confirm there is no write up about the transmission conversion coz the previous owner was still running the stock 5 speeds box. i made it after a year i bought the car.

Bump:
Isn't the gearbox conversion a common modification? I've read many people do the getrag 6 speed conversion on their older GT-R's....
I was actually looking to do the opposite. Stick some BCNR33 front and rear diffs. on my car. :biggrin:
yeah! is common but costly n rare. it will cost near to RM10k n not easy to find. the getrag in my car is a gift to me from a fren(some of u might know him). he replaced with an os giken box after he broke the getrag clutch housing. later i manage to find a clutch housing replacement then i make the project.

u mean the 5 speeds box?

Last edited:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
You really are different.... =.='
heh heh...he's not different, he just knows the secret to the MINE's BNR34's crazy response....and i can tell you it aint the engine!

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
huh? serious??
the mine's secret to awesome revs is not the engine??
pls pls tell me. i wan to know!
pls pls pls.

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
yeah! i was told by kee from links that mines did the same setup on the tranny. thats y i do it exactly. actually do we have real fact about this?

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
it's true... the secret to MINE's rev crazy BNR34 is the R33 rear diff they installed AND a lightweight carbon propshaft... engine wise....lets just say i've seen a lot of cars in KL with much crazier engine setups than the MINE's Stage II engine.

but by doing this you're sacrificing top speed, and naik bukit also sure lose performance.

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
wah. like that than it's gonna be hard if u want to speed down the highway.
hmm, i think i'll still opt for the normal settings and parts.
oyeah. need u guy's opinion, i'm thinking of buying new turbines(twin is the way to go :biggrin:)
from my search i've com up with 2 possible options:
1.HKS GT2540 Turbo x 2
2. Garrett GT2860R -5 Turbo AR.64 x 2

wanna know what do u guys think?
i'm open to any suggestions regarding this or any other turbine kits. :idea:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
confirm there is no write up about the transmission conversion coz the previous owner was still running the stock 5 speeds box. i made it after a year i bought the car.

Oooo ... Isn't that mag with the green 33 a recent magazine? Thought that was your car? Anyway, like some says 10k for the convert is DEFINATELY worth it ... :idea:

Now, here I go sourcing for a box - getrag please ... :biggrin:

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
Oooo ... Isn't that mag with the green 33 a recent magazine? Thought that was your car? Anyway, like some says 10k for the convert is DEFINATELY worth it ... :idea:

yes, thats my car. but they didnt write abt the conversion step.

Bump:

yes, thats my car. but they didnt write abt the conversion step.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Thanks, r54 .... Will get a copy anyway in support for a well built BCNR-33 :idea:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
wah. like that than it's gonna be hard if u want to speed down the highway.
hmm, i think i'll still opt for the normal settings and parts.
oyeah. need u guy's opinion, i'm thinking of buying new turbines(twin is the way to go :biggrin:)
from my search i've com up with 2 possible options:
1.HKS GT2540 Turbo x 2
2. Garrett GT2860R -5 Turbo AR.64 x 2

wanna know what do u guys think?
i'm open to any suggestions regarding this or any other turbine kits. :idea:
Go for option number 2, tried and proven on Darkchild's car, and cheaper than the HKS option.

And raptorie54, i've seen your car a few times at different shops when it was being done up (before it turned Green in color) and i agree with the guy above, very nicely built R33!

Trust Malaysian magazines to screw things up!

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
I know why DC started this topic.. coz his car got 900bhp.. he langsi... no other skyline can come close to him.. else will be highlighted..

BWAHAHAH

*cabut*

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
haha. with lots of Hp's come the bragging rites. LoL
wish i had it. :(

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
gt2860-5s are apparently the favourites now... they are the replacement favourite, last time was 2530s.

even Audi fellers are starting to install them in the 2.7tt engine in B5 S4 and RS4s.

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Speaking from experience, 2530's are nice but because they aren't as readily available in the current market (being dated turbines and all) they are not cost efficient. The 2860-5's on the other hand are easily available. They are half the price for almost the same spec and I think they are easier to service or repair. Bang for buck if you ask me...

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
eh GTR rear housing is different from other SR even it is 5 bolt
got different

those GT turbo you buy.. your existing J Pipe will not bolt on it if not mistaken
you need to get the GTR spec rear housing for it

omaroDDin

Known Member
Dec 25, 2006
yo darkchild. how much would the 2860-5s pair cost?
where can i get them?
do i need to do any other engine mods if i was to put them in?

Bump: how much power would they put on wheel?

Bump: how much power would they put on wheel?

S

semperfi

ya u r right! my car always overnight at my frens shop in sunway.

oh..1st gear then my engine went dead bcoz of the settings not fine yet. now no problem liao after final touch up at gt auto.

Bump:

the workers seems fine everytime im in the shop, i think bcoz i know the boss very well so they act hardworking.

btw, bro, do u speak fluent english? if u do, u might have scared them. most of the staffs there speak england...lol. thats y he only answer u 'yes' lor coz he might not catch wat u mean. relax bro... they r just another halfcut shop but with nice renovation in sunway. some halfcut shop even worst... they keep asking u 'wat u want? wat u want? wat u want?' n starring at u like u intend to steal something.

anyway, after hearing from u. no excuse, they have perform a bad service. i will let the boss know about tis. sorry on behalf.

lastly, it is not nice to call someone a 'whale' in a public forum. how u feel if some1 u dont know laughing at u becoz u r fat? give some respect ler..... ok bo?

Bump: bro... i suggest u go podium n ask face to face. im sure he will be happy to let u know who is this 'si fat fei zai mr cliff lai'.

Roger that! Sorry Sorry, I swallow back my words!! :adore::adore:
Didn't know he's ya friend. :adore: You should speak to Cliff regarding his workers... I guessed I was pretty pissed with Podium and took it out on the wrong person.

My humble apologies.. :adore:

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
omaroDDin,
Well, I got them in the States for USD1843.15 inclusive of shipping but this was while I was still based in San Francisco.
Not sure where you can get them here.
It's a bolt on affair. The manifolds, elbow/extensions and downpipe all bolt right on. Some slight modification is needed to the oil flange. The bolt holes might not line up but it's pretty easy to make them fit.

As for your engine modifications... well, if you up the boost on any car, there is a limit to what the stock engine can take. These turbos will safely boost to 1.5/1.6 bar. Anything higher and I think they go out of their efficiency range and just produce hot air but I have seen people boosting at 1.8-2 bars on these turbos, of course with a huge ass intercooler to bring the charge temperatures down. How much boost you can run really depends on the condition of your engine and if you have the supporting mods for it (e.g. fuel, cooling, etc, etc). Technically, you can just plug and play these turbines and run your stock boost. They are slightly larger than the stock turbines and run steel wheels so they will suffer a bit more lag when compared with the stock BNR34 turbines. These are similar in spec with the HKS 2530's and will produce similar power to them, which is about 320ps a turbine.

My Puppies have arrived!

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
omaroDDin,
Well, I got them in the States for USD1843.15 inclusive of shipping but this was while I was still based in San Francisco.
Not sure where you can get them here.
It's a bolt on affair. The manifolds, elbow/extensions and downpipe all bolt right on. Some slight modification is needed to the oil flange. The bolt holes might not line up but it's pretty easy to make them fit.

As for your engine modifications... well, if you up the boost on any car, there is a limit to what the stock engine can take. These turbos will safely boost to 1.5/1.6 bar. Anything higher and I think they go out of their efficiency range and just produce hot air but I have seen people boosting at 1.8-2 bars on these turbos, of course with a huge ass intercooler to bring the charge temperatures down. How much boost you can run really depends on the condition of your engine and if you have the supporting mods for it (e.g. fuel, cooling, etc, etc). Technically, you can just plug and play these turbines and run your stock boost. They are slightly larger than the stock turbines and run steel wheels so they will suffer a bit more lag when compared with the stock BNR34 turbines. These are similar in spec with the HKS 2530's and will produce similar power to them, which is about 320ps a turbine.

My Puppies have arrived!
NICE!

I wonder how nice they'd be on a 3.5L v6 :flute: sigh, waiting is sweet torture :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since 2005, the Bugatti Veyron made international headlines, becoming the world's fastest and most powerful car ever produced by a manufacturer. Not any more it seems.

<!--more-->Even though the Veyron managed to reach the 1,000bhp mark through its unique W16...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience