The Nurburgring claims another victim, a Honda CRV?

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru

Sports cars like the BMW M3 or the Porsche 911 had been designed with speed and performance in mind, so their entire structure had the characteristics of a fast-going machine; a powerful engine, stiffened suspension and a low center of gravity. So it is not a surprise to see their kind blasting around the Nordschleife at great speeds without a hitch.

But what if one were to try bringing something that is a bit less sporty than those two, like let’s say, a Honda CRV? Well apparently, one owner tried to have some fun with his by bringing it down to the Green Hell, and he ended his trip in quite a dramatic scene that one could only find in the movies, until now.

Nordschleife - Karfreitag - Touristenfahrten/ mehrfacher Ãœberschlag - YouTube

While exiting the Eiskurve or Ice Corner in English, the CRV got into a slide and tried to correct it, but unfortunately ended up rolling the big vehicle a couple of times before finally coming to a stop at the other side of the Armco barrier. Surprisingly after such a crash, this video from Youtube came with a description that both the driver and passenger were doing “relatively good”. After a crash like that, I would be more than grateful to come out alive.

Just another reason of why you should always keep your seatbelt on.

Source
Violent SUV Crash Video Shows Latest Victim Of The Nürburgring

Attachments

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I think the owner misunderstood what CRV stands for.. he thought it was Circuit Roundabout Vehicle..

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
The CRV really went off-road :biggrin:

alen

Known Member
Aug 1, 2010
Ipoh
my Nurburgring highway is from Ipoh jalan Kuala Kangsar to Bercham / Simpang Pulai exit :thefinger:

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
a physics class he wont forget... :D

at least he drove the CRV around the ring before its last breathe.. it's a good loss.. :driver:

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
1st, the driver got some cf balls to bring a crv to the track. 2nd, he must be high on something,thinking the crv is a cayanne or something. finally, wow.