advice needed for my 4b10

jinnodo

Aug 2, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi there tuners, sifus, drivers,

I owe a stock 4b10 for about 3 years now. I am recently facing issues with my brake system.

A few years ago, i got into a stupid accident which broke my lower arm (driver) side and screwed up alot of things on my driver side's wheel till today, i am facing brake issues (vibrations, sounds, etc).

Mechanic told me my brakes are wearing off during the last service check (yesterday). But i have decided, it is either, i keep this car, mod it for the better or just get a new ride. Decided to get it fixed properly this time. I dont really like the conventional mechanics and their service parts. Tbh, i just think their products are bullshit. LOL

So, i am looking for a mods that i can do for my case. Handling, Brakes, etc.

What do you recommend? And how much would my budget be like?

Thanks! <3

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Need more info on the brakes issue.
Normally if got vibrations upon braking, could mean your disc is warp or worn uneven
Noise could be due to pads problem, disc worn.
Etc. like ??

jinnodo

Aug 2, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Need more info on the brakes issue.
Normally if got vibrations upon braking, could mean your disc is warp or worn uneven
Noise could be due to pads problem, disc worn.
Etc. like ??
For example, when I'm slowing down from highspeed,the brakes on the driver side mainly, will vibrate very hard and making a loud sound. It feels as if the brakes are going to snap because it did before. And previously I checked, there's a screw on my brake mount which keeps getting loose. Idk why

Is there an option for me to change to full mitsubishi brakes? Will changing my whole brake system work?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
For example, when I'm slowing down from highspeed,the brakes on the driver side mainly, will vibrate very hard and making a loud sound. It feels as if the brakes are going to snap because it did before. And previously I checked, there's a screw on my brake mount which keeps getting loose. Idk why

Is there an option for me to change to full mitsubishi brakes? Will changing my whole brake system work?

Vibrating on brakes would have a lot of reasons, like warped brake rotor or unevenly worn brake pads and many more, have you change the pads before or skim the rotor before?

jinnodo

Aug 2, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Vibrating on brakes would have a lot of reasons, like warped brake rotor or unevenly worn brake pads and many more, have you change the pads before or skim the rotor before?
I have not skim the rotor before but I just changed the pads a few months ago to the standard one they give when you service ur car (dam useless).

Yeah my rotors are slightly warped already. :(

I am planning to change the rotor and pads. Looking at performance ones. (Highspeed braking preferably? Any suggestions?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have not skim the rotor before but I just changed the pads a few months ago to the standard one they give when you service ur car (dam useless).

Yeah my rotors are slightly warped already. :(

I am planning to change the rotor and pads. Looking at performance ones. (Highspeed braking preferably? Any suggestions?

If the original disc is still thick can still skim it. If not, then change is better.
I am just using normal Shoji brand brake disc for my VR4. For me, they work well. But I did hear one or two had complaints but for other car make. For brake pads I am using Trestor Blue Advantage.

When you say high speed braking, better get those that can stand up to 550 deg Celsius. Too low they fade, too high they don't bite when cold...:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Better have them properly checked. Brakes are safety item and must be in good working order....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you have the budget - get a aftermarket 4-pot brake kit with new rotor one shot.

Brembo, Endless, Wilwood if you have a gigantic budget (new retails 10k and above, used about 6k and above). I personally like the ultra lightweight 4-pot Wilwood.

Ksport, Works and all those other local brands if your budget is smaller (new retails approximately 3.5k above)

Make sure you change to good quality steel braided hoses and if also possible, swap out the master pump to accommodate the larger calipers.

If you have no budget, swap out the rotor for a new one and if possible a new caliper set too. If the pin is constantly loosening you have a problem.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fuh! 10k for brakes for 4B10? My whole transplant plus suspension and exhaust mod was less than that.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If you have the budget - get a aftermarket 4-pot brake kit with new rotor one shot.

Brembo, Endless, Wilwood if you have a gigantic budget (new retails 10k and above, used about 6k and above). I personally like the ultra lightweight 4-pot Wilwood.

Ksport, Works and all those other local brands if your budget is smaller (new retails approximately 3.5k above)

Make sure you change to good quality steel braided hoses and if also possible, swap out the master pump to accommodate the larger calipers.

If you have no budget, swap out the rotor for a new one and if possible a new caliper set too. If the pin is constantly loosening you have a problem.
How big are those Brembo and Endless calipers that retails above 10k? The size of calipers of Evo, WRX STI or those found in Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How big are those Brembo and Endless calipers that retails above 10k? The size of calipers of Evo, WRX STI or those found in Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche?
Brand new Brembo 4-pots la. Buy halfcut is cheaper lor.

I'm pretty sure Ferrari and Lambo don't use 4-pot

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wrx front 4pot is exactly same as nissan r32 4pot as well as toyota prado 4pot.....and perhaps same disc size too.....

those brake set comes cheap at halfcut...cheap brakepad too

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For TS, if going bigger calipers and disc rotor, make sure rims got enoguh space to clear. If not, need change rims and tyres too......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Roughly how much bro

You'll need 17" rims to clear the caliper and disc. If it's the same sumitomo brake set then expect to pay between 500 to 1000 for the caliper and rotor depending on condition. 1000 usually is refurbished and ready to be installed.

But I doubt these will be pnp for your car. The brake caliper bracket will set you back easily 500 or more.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i wouldnt bother with all these 4pot brake kits yet.... they are expensive and may not be the solution to ur problem...especially since u broke ur lower arm in an accident before. should try the cheaper options first to ensure the problem is solved.

also u mentioned ur discs are slightly warped. and a screw getting loose...

i suggest either skimming ur rotors or changing them to a brand new pair. remember to replace the brake pad one shot (whether skim or change rotor) to ensure a smooth and even surface on both pads and disc. i suspect after this, it may be ok.... but if not...try removing the brake pad and reinstalling them to ensure its not brake pad judder (rarely happens though)

check ur lower arm, bushings worn out? bent? etc etc. also check ur knuckles... wheel bearing etc..just to be sure. also check anything and everything around it... subframe, etc.

screw getting loose? this is a serious safety issue. check the screw and the hole... are the threads still ok? if not, rethread and get a new bolt if possible. if threads still ok then perhaps u need to get a threadlocker. Not sure if Loctite blue is enough or if you will need the stronger Loctite red. can browse for these in lelong... about RM50 for a bottle of Loctite blue.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

I've recently converted to vr4 240. The question is :

If my mechanic somehow salah pasang timing belt, can it cause my car to stutter at idle (jus like using high cam)
cause my car after the conversion at low rpm stutter and idles juz like using high cam. Driving at low rpms/speed is difficult becos of this problem. Checked the injectors , plugs,cable, timing, t/body etc but still the same effect. At high rpm okay but can here "tek tek tek" sound(like the valve's sound but im not...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience