Need Advice on buying a Used Car

danieliew

Aug 18, 2009
Selangor
I'm thinking of changing my car soon and am considering a used Toyota (Altis or Camry) or a Honda (Civic/Accord).
Am leaning more towards the Camry/Accord platform as I'd like something more comfortable. My budget is kinda low (around RM80k).
I was quite sure of getting the 2005 Accord but lately I've been hearing from friends driving this model that they face quite a lot of issues with this car like the Oxygen sensor etc. (even the power window!??)
I think the Camry is more reliable, but the Accord looks nicer to me. The Camry looks kinda "old" for me.
Any advice from sifu here?

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
just buy altis. not too high not too low. easy maintenance. comfortable and so on. but if u got more budget buy new camry.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
both cars have their advantages and disadvantages.....go try it out and determine with your personal driving preferences & budget......coz our opinion sometimes based on our own preference...some prefer stylish and sporty. some prefer reliability and durable. some prefer good FC...etc etc.....

danieliew

Aug 18, 2009
Selangor
Thanks for all the inputs. If maintenance cost is my concern, are there a lot of differences between camry and altis? How about toyota vs honda generally? Which is more expensive to maintain?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
its another subjective matter, but personally from my experience.....both parts are almost same price....except toyota is more durable/lasting.....

danieliew

Aug 18, 2009
Selangor
How's the maintenance for Altezza? THese not so common cars will usually cost high to maintain right?

benjaminn78

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2005
not really high maintenance, since already 10++ years car...the parts are getting more n more on market...but might bit expensive compared to altis or camry, cos altezza is import car...:).no worry...Trial or kegani autotech will help u to solved up the maintenance....eheh

danieliew

Aug 18, 2009
Selangor
i think i'll still prefer to go mainstream so that I can go anywhere to fix my car. I just need a reasonably problem free comfortable car... :)

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
from my view i think u can choose altis. u know why becoz its is corolla. corolla sparepart cheaper and easy to find in the world. if u go anywhere in town in the world u must see at least one corolla there. if u see at iraq, turki, us, aust, and also africa many people using corolla and other toyota car. reliable and durable.

altezza also good car but bit hard to find sparepart and quite expensive. becoz its is performance car. camry also good car almost same with corolla but its running with bigger cc engine with much fc than corolla. comfortable of coz.

eko

Known Member
Feb 22, 2008
I'm thinking of changing my car soon and am considering a used Toyota (Altis or Camry) or a Honda (Civic/Accord).
Am leaning more towards the Camry/Accord platform as I'd like something more comfortable. My budget is kinda low (around RM80k).
I was quite sure of getting the 2005 Accord but lately I've been hearing from friends driving this model that they face quite a lot of issues with this car like the Oxygen sensor etc. (even the power window!??)
I think the Camry is more reliable, but the Accord looks nicer to me. The Camry looks kinda "old" for me.
Any advice from sifu here?
Yup! Stream 2.0, Accord 2.0 got this problem but not all of them, damage of solving this problem should be RM800 Max, most important is check everything before u buy the car.

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
bro,
honda and toyota ah...toyota is more solid honestly. honda accord will face this sensor problems. is the second heater sensor of lamda that kong.is yellow colour one. cost u rm1500 for parts only. the power window problems that honda car mostly faced is the run channel is heated up by the sun so it stick with the mirror so when u wind up the window is sangkut then it will drop.to prevent ur hand being clam by the power window.
honda spare part easy to find oso but is more expensive lor.lets get this honestly to u since u are making accord ur choice..

honda problems:
1.h02s(heater o2 sensor)
2.power window
3. steering rack( if u lucky then no problems lor)
4. most new honda car face brake judder always(even FD2 type R)
the model u gonna choose face this problems very commonly..
have a nice day of making ur choice ya...
hahaha

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

if the accord u go see got engine check light on then mostly is the oxygen sensor KO d...but can't be 100% sure is the sensor problems but 80% is sensor .

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

alamak forgot power steering pump and power steering hose ...hehe...surely u hate honda now ..

danieliew

Aug 18, 2009
Selangor
wow... u're really scaring me now... now i'm thinking of toyota. But just last week, my wife's Avanza's battery exploded when she started the car. It's still under investigation, which is really annoying 'coz they're taking so long to make a conclusion. Well, they did say that this is the first time they are encountering this problem... so I guess it's an isolated case..

So... it's Altis or Camry for me.. how is the ride comfort between these two? A lot of difference? Is the FC different by a lot?

bro,
honda and toyota ah...toyota is more solid honestly. honda accord will face this sensor problems. is the second heater sensor of lamda that kong.is yellow colour one. cost u rm1500 for parts only. the power window problems that honda car mostly faced is the run channel is heated up by the sun so it stick with the mirror so when u wind up the window is sangkut then it will drop.to prevent ur hand being clam by the power window.
honda spare part easy to find oso but is more expensive lor.lets get this honestly to u since u are making accord ur choice..

honda problems:
1.h02s(heater o2 sensor)
2.power window
3. steering rack( if u lucky then no problems lor)
4. most new honda car face brake judder always(even FD2 type R)
the model u gonna choose face this problems very commonly..
have a nice day of making ur choice ya...
hahaha

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

if the accord u go see got engine check light on then mostly is the oxygen sensor KO d...but can't be 100% sure is the sensor problems but 80% is sensor .

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

alamak forgot power steering pump and power steering hose ...hehe...surely u hate honda now ..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
all cars also got problem.....see whether the counter measure & rectification is properly done....hard decision......if u r scare....:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi again friends :itsme:

I'd like to have your views on the above vs wetsanding.

As up till now, i've only wetsanded to remove orange peel. not used any velvet pad.
Not available here as are most detailing products.

plz refer to my previous post ( the caveman's part 2)

My concern is not this car though. the car is sold now.
one guy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience