Add turbo kit on 4g13p

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
skywalker u got it all wrong with the compression thing.. normally when we say high compression engine it doesn't actually mean high compression engine.. the Compression ratio we are talking about this actually the VOLUME at BDC (Bottom Dead Center) and TDC (Top Dead Center) do not be confuse with the meaning of compression... its actually a ratio of volume... Turbo car need lower compression ratio is because we need more volume TDC if not when the air n fuel mix together in a very small area the fuel reach its flash point faster and therefore result in the effect call pinging... which is bad for the engine n bad for hp gain..

So turbo engine actually has to be able to withstand high compression in other words high pressure.. as the air coming in are normally are two times higher in pressure than our atmosphere.. and actually botling a small turbo to a car like this is actually quite good in a way.. boosting maybe at a maximum of 0.5 its more than enough 2 put abit of fun factor and give you the power when u need it.. and there isn't much lag... nice mod u have there

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Dino@Casper said:
skywalker u got it all wrong with the compression thing.. normally when we say high compression engine it doesn't actually mean high compression engine.. the Compression ratio we are talking about this actually the VOLUME at BDC (Bottom Dead Center) and TDC (Top Dead Center) do not be confuse with the meaning of compression... its actually a ratio of volume... Turbo car need lower compression ratio is because we need more volume TDC if not when the air n fuel mix together in a very small area the fuel reach its flash point faster and therefore result in the effect call pinging... which is bad for the engine n bad for hp gain..

So turbo engine actually has to be able to withstand high compression in other words high pressure.. as the air coming in are normally are two times higher in pressure than our atmosphere.. and actually botling a small turbo to a car like this is actually quite good in a way.. boosting maybe at a maximum of 0.5 its more than enough 2 put abit of fun factor and give you the power when u need it.. and there isn't much lag... nice mod u have there
icic.... so turbo cars has high compression but low compression ratio... hmm.... sorry lar sifooo, i still noobie....:X-:

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
skywalker no worries explanning to you only ... small matter... sharing what i know... there are still things i need people 2 teach me too..

oh yah and with honda engines bolt on superchargers or turbo right... actually the block really cannot take it.. the block would give way... so normally the whole block is custom made.. to match the original head.. thats from my experince.. this block normally cause a bomb to be build.. though normal in US we seldom can find it here....

Billy i would say job well done with your car.. u dare to do something people normally wouldn't do.. from what i have learn.. erm.. i have seen ori waja with stock internals boosting at 0.7 bar... according to people i work it.. thats still safe as long its well tune.. for your car maybe keep it at 0.5 and u should be okay.. not too much lag i hope.. but good project.. well done.. Oh yah forgot one thing.. u are using an auto gearbox right.. i think u ur budget permits add a cooler for ur gearbox.. if not i think it will say buh bye soon enough..

Last edited:

billy_t

Apr 7, 2006
will let u know after complet my job...keep update..

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
good luck bro billy on ur mod!can't wait to see when its done

btw, i think if u do TMIC will be better la, can avoid lag a bit..i saw those intercooler pipings re too long to cope with ur engine setup..

"jusmatoosen"

happy boosting! :_:

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
nitrus said:
T = Tak
M = Mau
I = Inter
C = Cooler

:angel_smile:
hahaha!!u got me aaa!!
its top mount intercooler billy bro, just like on L2's , YRV , impreza..sumthin like that lah..proven can reduce lag but not too efficient bcos the engine heat .btw, how's ur project? i really wanna know bcos my friend also want to do BOT on his 1.5, but with all internals replaced, PnP, high cam, ebc, standalone..bla..bla..bla.dunnolah what gonna happen, just wait and see.

happy boosting:_:

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
wah 4G13 got BOT ah... this is really a good project... well done billy i support you.. hope it can works... who knows billy will manufacture BOT for all the 4G13/15/18 car....

billy_t

Apr 7, 2006
ok bro..

will keep update at here..i think my project will done tomorrow or asap..

this is not my 1st project but 1st time BOT on 4g13p.

b4 that we have done on mazda premacy(03) and toyota estima(2001)

already used more then a year,still in running condition..

will update the pic after this.

the result is more power then b4 and save much fuel then b4(0.5 bar)..

btw..thanks for ur support bro..

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
turbo lower FC

SkYwAlKeR said:
save fuel??... BOT can lower fuel consumption??...
Luke,

on a long journey, assuming you want to maintain a constant 120kmh.
on the uphill sections, unlike an NA which will have to downshift to maintain a constant speed, turbo cars just have to press the throttle to boost power. the high revving NA will be consuming more fuel than the high torque turbocar.

a turbo car of the same displacement unfortunately will have a higher FC for stop go city driving. this is due to exhaust inefficiencies aka turbolag (lack of the FORCE hahah)

Billy,

Im also in the process of building a kit for my engine, which is similar to yours, 4g13. What are u using for fuelling and ignition tuning? which ECU u using now?

i was planning to use 2"-2.2" exhaust piping....intake piping 2"...

good job on your project! hope all turns out well.....

i wish the people who discourage u just eat a bag of d**ks! haha.....dont disturb the person who is doing it......get a decent book on welding and upgrade yourselves la..... sometimes i ask myself, is this forum is for people who really mod cars.....

and to those who said you are wasting your money, pls note, that you still can use back your turbo, icooler, intake piping, piggyback etc etc if you decide to transplant to bigger cc engine....heheh.....so there!

Last edited:

adyzul

1,000 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
Hi guys.....

Just want to add....

My friend is driving a Satria and he had installed a BOT to his 4G13p. Can only boost 0.4bar.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
140dB said:
Luke,

on a long journey, assuming you want to maintain a constant 120kmh.
on the uphill sections, unlike an NA which will have to downshift to maintain a constant speed, turbo cars just have to press the throttle to boost power. the high revving NA will be consuming more fuel than the high torque turbocar.

a turbo car of the same displacement unfortunately will have a higher FC for stop go city driving. this is due to exhaust inefficiencies aka turbolag (lack of the FORCE hahah)
icic... thanks for the info...
yeah, i was told that normal turbo car drivers dont boost up when cruising at high speed... when they need acceleration only go into boost...

KLEMANN

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
hi to all gentleman......i need ur all suggestion n advice...coz i`m wanted to modified my 30 years old Mitsubishi Colt Galant Sigma 77`s model without changing eingine......

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
change engine terus la... 30 year old engine vr old lar.... afraid of reliability problem after modding it... better get a good condition engine as a start...

hayabuza

1,000 RPM
Jul 22, 2005
Klang
KLEMANN said:
hi to all gentleman......i need ur all suggestion n advice...coz i`m wanted to modified my 30 years old Mitsubishi Colt Galant Sigma 77`s model without changing eingine......
I wonder what engine u are using la...:_:

Nic121

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
Hi guy, May i know where u custom make ur 1.3 turbo manifold, Coz i oso intrested to do bolt on turbo into my 1.3 satria. I wanted to convert 4g93t but jpj are not approve it. Shit...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

*** the right bulb already kong laa..

1. take off dashboard panel
2. unplug heater, air-cond & hazard sockets
3. unscrew 4 pieces skru at meter panel
4. take out the meter panel (this part quite leceh laaa) ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience