Need Recommendations for Car Battery

Anybody used Toyota batery? want to know if it will be better compared to Century or etc

Don't think they manufacture their own, so is OEM from a battery manufacturer, so likely to me, is the same as after market.
Also used many brands before, all almost the same service life, but lately with heat shield they last much longer.....:driver:

Hi All,

My previous battery lasted 4 1/2 years ( NS70 ). Car only has a radio player ( No amp ) and recently fitted led tail lamp with custom wiring.

So I change to NS40 Century and it lasted only for a month, trade in for NS70 Century lasted probably 5 months.

I barely drive the car but I start at least once/twice a week. Doubt it is the starter as I could crank easily during jump start and volt meter from outside and inside stated charging about 13.7v without aircon and headlight (alternator).

Therefore,

1) What would be the symptom for a week starter ?
2) Besides alternator, what other component should I check for this issue ? Alternator should be ok as there is no sign of dying during driving nor idle.
3) I will change another battery soon and sent for leakage checking. Any other component to take note. :driver:

Last edited:
Don't think they manufacture their own, so is OEM from a battery manufacturer, so likely to me, is the same as after market.
Also used many brands before, all almost the same service life, but lately with heat shield they last much longer.....:driver:

habislah, my battery will probably have a very short life

Anyone tried Yamasaki before RM220 for wet ( NS70 ) before trade in ?

Yuasa & Amaron ( NS70 ) MF is at RM280.00 after trade in.

personally I'd avoid Century like the plague.

Stick with Amerons. Bateriku.com.my sells them at a pretty competitive rate and they deliver direct too

17/08/2017 - Change to NS40 Century
XX/10/2017 - Top up for NS70 Century
06/03/2018 - One to one change to NS70 Century
07/03/2018 - Forearm checked, no leakage and alternator in order

Conclusion : Do not buy Century battery as informed by the seller himself. ==

Survey : Amaron NS70 is about RM280 to RM300 with 18months warranty to 24 months warranty.

Was using Century Marathoner NS60 on my waja 1.8 and only lasted just above 1 year...

Now on Amaron N70 from bateriku.Voltage on everything off is 14.4v.
Voltage during idle,headlamp on,aircond on is 14.3v. Impressive really.was expecting more drop even my alternator is new. The tech is a very2 nice guy. There was miscommunication between him and his hq as i request credit card as payment method but the tech was not informed. This was realize after he install the battery,since i have no cash he trust me to bank in the cash the next day.Speechless....

Anyway so far, the best battery that have served my waja is the Yuasa EcoCR. Too early to comment abt Amaron but inital impression is good.The Yuasa one was surviving even with problematic starter. In my case when i try to start,everything went dead or start flickering.

My Century battery last about 18 to 24 months. Now with heat shield mod last around 3 years......lol

Can share photo of your head shield Vr2. I'm gonna do it soon.
I just buy those aluminum sheet for kitchen stove from Daiso, measure and cut cardboard to shape, wrap cardboard with the aluminum foil then clamp to battery. My SUV battery was directly facing the back end of radiator fan. Now is shield except the top part....

Attachments

• 20140216_112047.jpg
    20140216_112047.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 138
  • 20140216_121304.jpg
    20140216_121304.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 20140216_121312.jpg
    20140216_121312.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 20140216_130209.jpg
    20140216_130209.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 138
personally I'd avoid Century like the plague.

Stick with Amerons. Bateriku.com.my sells them at a pretty competitive rate and they deliver direct too
My Century battery last about 18 to 24 months. Now with heat shield mod last around 3 years......lol

I've never tried them but I might get the century for the MINI. Since it's located in the boot, i see no problems with longevity. My current battery is over half a decade old now but has seen better days

I've never tried them but I might get the century for the MINI. Since it's located in the boot, i see no problems with longevity. My current battery is over half a decade old now but has seen better days

Half a decade old? Wow. That's amazing. What battery is that?

sounds like a Varta battery

Something depends on luck, then usage. Their lifespan depends on the charge and discharge cycle too. Using same brand some can last longer and some short lifespan.....lol

also i think mainly dropped battery quality recently is due to recycled battery?

I was told by the seller that "C" battery quality diminished especially on "C-Motorlight" model as the battery comes in to MYR empty and the seller manually adds in the electros.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom