Urgent Help Needed for Myvi (Engine Parts)

Viino

Dec 21, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, I'm a newbie here.. Previously loved to just watch comments & getting information from this site but i decided to register as a member here because i needed to look for an answer to the following questions.

I screwed up recently with my Myvi Extreme 1.5 Manual due to excessive work loads & judging from my current mileage from my due service which is in another 1.2k. The engine was totally dry of engine oil & as a result.. produced noises from the rods & bearing.

Went off to the local workshop to check in Segambut & here's wud they wanted me to get for the parts as i was super insistent on quality and/or original parts (Be it OEM i dun mind too) :proud:

Those are the price for the parts i managed to source.
For Myvi 1.5 Lagi Best
1. 1set overhaul kit (RM 400)
2. 3 piece engine mounting (RM360)
3. 2 piece radiator hose (upper & lower) Upr RM11 ; Lower RM17
4. 1 piece fan belt (RM35)
5. 2 tin coolant (toyota) RM19.30
6. 1 set Spark plugs ( Iridium Power or higher grade if possible ) (RM120)

myvi 1.5 lagi best manual extreme
8pc ezkos valve (20) @ Japan Stocks
1set piston ring (70)
1pc piston cond.rod (RM180)
1set piston cond.rod bearing (size 0.20) (RM80) @ Japan stocks
1set crankshaft bearing ( standard size) (RM100) @ Japan stocks

All prices above are Original parts except those marked with @ Japan stocks as the parts seller mentions it is from Japan... :adore:

So question here is... Is original parts or Japan stocks better in quality & endurance? :hmmmm:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Just go for original parts whenever possible if money is not an issue. Unless u r certain that the Japan part is genuine and not just some cap Japan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
how to know which japan part brand is good? any examples?
If it's original Daihatsu or original Toyota (unlikely.. passo stopped production a while ago I think) it's gonna be good. But probably expensive.

Viino

Dec 21, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
the engine has been rebuild but even after changing.the engine oil pump & switch it still has the engine oil check light on. what may be the problem? fuel filter is also replaced FYI

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
the engine has been rebuild but even after changing.the engine oil pump & switch it still has the engine oil check light on. what may be the problem? fuel filter is also replaced FYI
get your foreman to use the obd2 scanner to scan & read the fault code, could be a faulty sensor.

Viino

Dec 21, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
The foremen in charge for my car's was on leave since 30/12/2017 till 3/1/2018... He says that he has since changed the original oil pump(or is it called engine oil pump i'm confused) when the check engine oil indicator lights up after he starts the engine ( which indicates low oil pressure/low engine oil in engine), so he changed a new oil pump switch (is this what you meant when you talked about some sensor?) but after installing everything & the lights were still there after starting the engine again..

They did, use a computer to scan the problem but it is still showing faulty E/O Pump switch... When i last left the workshop last saturday on 30/12/ .. They were seen disassembling the engine for the 3rd time after the sub-foremen just can't seem to figure out what seems to be the problem even after troubleshooting the related error with that light...

What astonished me was... the engine is silent & doesn't seem to have any noticeable error during engine start, but only the error lights were illuminating.. To play safe the mechanic's suggested to solve the error lights first to prevent any damages that lead to more unnecessary money to be spent on...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
my check engine light on my chery eastar lit up for 2 months, there was nothing wrong with the engine,
ended up it was a faulty battery, once changed no more check engine light.
maybe you could look into that as well.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my check engine light on my chery eastar lit up for 2 months, there was nothing wrong with the engine,
ended up it was a faulty battery, once changed no more check engine light.
maybe you could look into that as well.
You did not hook up to OBD2 to check? Tiggo kena faulty O2 sensor bank 1....

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
The foremen in charge for my car's was on leave since 30/12/2017 till 3/1/2018... He says that he has since changed the original oil pump(or is it called engine oil pump i'm confused) when the check engine oil indicator lights up after he starts the engine ( which indicates low oil pressure/low engine oil in engine), so he changed a new oil pump switch (is this what you meant when you talked about some sensor?) but after installing everything & the lights were still there after starting the engine again..

They did, use a computer to scan the problem but it is still showing faulty E/O Pump switch... When i last left the workshop last saturday on 30/12/ .. They were seen disassembling the engine for the 3rd time after the sub-foremen just can't seem to figure out what seems to be the problem even after troubleshooting the related error with that light...

What astonished me was... the engine is silent & doesn't seem to have any noticeable error during engine start, but only the error lights were illuminating.. To play safe the mechanic's suggested to solve the error lights first to prevent any damages that lead to more unnecessary money to be spent on...
Hope this help.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

door to door service.. stubborn windscreen watermarks remover.

only need 15 minutes of your time

Satisfaction Guaranteed

RM40 per car / MPV RM60

Klang Valley Area

CALL 019-3636 883 Steven

Call for enquiries. Plz do not SMS . Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience