security measurements for myvi

karmakid

Apr 29, 2007
hi guys,

will be getting a myvi soon...

few things to ask here...

i wish to add some security to my myvi...
am thinking to get a gear lock built-in, but mechanics said it cant be done. only possible in kelisa.

so am thinking get a built-in pedal lock. heard there are 2 types of pedal locks. double lock (which lock your pedal and engine) and single lock (lock your pedal only).
price maybe rm420 for double lock and rm280 for single lock.

is this good? or i shuld jst get a UK steering lock that costs around rm250 outside?

i dont plan to install alarm as it will void warranty.

but i'm thinking to ask perodua to help me add the sound when i lock/unlock my car. i heard it's pretty simple only right? jst do some wiring and costs only like rm50? is this do-able from perodua? and issit advisable to add sound to this lock/unlock the car?

hope to get more advices from the drivers here... :X-:

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
go for single lock...add a switch so that in order to start your car you need to hold onto your brake pedal...

reason

1. no one will want to have their backs againts you..
2. difficult to cut through due to the limited space as it will be under your seat

you can use steering lock as the secondary lock...

add motion/shock if got xtra budget...

i can intro you to my friend for the lock and sensors...
myvi cheetah motion sensor cost rm180++ with installation

kumat

Nov 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i am myvi owner..i used locktact pedal lock...plus yale vr 166 steering lock....sand blasting.....plus myvi buzzer alarm.....next time if i have some money, i will install gear lock...:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Myvi's weakest spot is the engine bay hood lock. It can be so easily opened it's ridiculous.

Consider the following :

1. Get the pedal lock and set it up so that you need to press the brake to crank the car.
2. Get a hood lock to prevent unauthorized access to the engine bay. They can start your car and disable the alarm from the engine bay.
3. Get Perodua to install the security plates and ensure there's one that blocks the hood release cable. That one won't void warranty if they install it for you.
4. Consider an alarm. Warranty or not, stock standard alarm is pathetic.
5. Upgrade the horn if you're not touching the alarm. A louder horn (say a Nautilus) will make the stock siren much more noticeable instead of the pathetic "beep beep" horn siren.

kumat

Nov 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
standard myvi additional accessories that offer at perodua service centre....

1. buzzer (that mention by beep sound if owner open/close door)
2. gear lock
3 bonnet, door and hood anti thief plate

...to me, i don't mind install all these security tool as a long term investment toward my car...i dont mind spend rm 1k if compare loss of 40k of my car...so my advise is please take a precaution matter by install these security tools...

goodboy

Known Member
Jan 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
go for single lock...add a switch so that in order to start your car you need to hold onto your brake pedal...

reason

1. no one will want to have their backs againts you..
2. difficult to cut through due to the limited space as it will be under your seat

you can use steering lock as the secondary lock...

add motion/shock if got xtra budget...

i can intro you to my friend for the lock and sensors...
myvi cheetah motion sensor cost rm180++ with installation
is it effective to put that switch?sorry for asking

kumat

Nov 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
here some anti thief device suit for myvi

1) construct gear lock = rm 600
2) yuubi gear lock = rm 600
3) v166 yale steering lock = rm 185 at houz depot kl
4) autolock pedal lock = rm 140
5) yashiki blackmoon steering lock = rm 80
6) locktact / locktech pedal lock = rm 380

so my advise for myvi 1.3 owners- used locktech/locktact, yashiki blackmoon steering lock and construct / yuubi gear lock....

And for myvi 1.5 owners- used locktech/locktact, v166 yale steering lock and yuubi gear lock....

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
dear guys,
dun listen to any stupid lock here lock there.still can b stolen in matter of time.
a car without 12v power to fuel pump 100% would not start.put a on/off switch for your car fuel pump and hide the switch(only u and the mec know) like ferrari.cheap n no any ppl can start the car without turning on the switch.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
dear guys,
dun listen to any stupid lock here lock there.still can b stolen in matter of time.
a car without 12v power to fuel pump 100% would not start.put a on/off switch for your car fuel pump and hide the switch(only u and the mec know) like ferrari.cheap n no any ppl can start the car without turning on the switch.
and defeated by the mighty tow truck....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The suggested preventive measures are NOT 100% fail safe. They are used to stall or to discourage theft at best. Even the best lock can be defeated if ample time given, or with skills.

Besides using these locks/alarm, one need to be careful when parking the car, especially area that are hidden, dim area or lack of passer-by. Also, dont put flashy items (meters, pods, etc) on the dash because these items often attracts attentions, and they suggest there are more goodies in the car itself.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ah.. true but there's a way around this too. Sort of anyway. Tilt sensors, GPS based tracking (not GSM.. this one useless), 2-way alarms.

A friend in the army even suggested hooking up a live grenade to the system as a deterrent. Crazy bastard.

Anyway - if given time any car is stealable. Just a matter of how difficult you make it to be.

The cheapest of all security mods for the Myvi is the security plates and make sure it includes the engine bay hood release lock blocking piece.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Ah.. true but there's a way around this too. Sort of anyway. Tilt sensors, GPS based tracking (not GSM.. this one useless), 2-way alarms.

A friend in the army even suggested hooking up a live grenade to the system as a deterrent. Crazy bastard.

Anyway - if given time any car is stealable. Just a matter of how difficult you make it to be.

The cheapest of all security mods for the Myvi is the security plates and make sure it includes the engine bay hood release lock blocking piece.
Live grenade? can't beat this

Trunk Monkey - YouTube

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Stick a super irremovable plate or sheet that state:

"If you see this car is being towed, means it is being stolen! I paid my bills and I parked my car legally. Call 999" :rolleyes:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Stick a super irremovable plate or sheet that state:

"If you see this car is being towed, means it is being stolen! I paid my bills and I parked my car legally. Call 999" :rolleyes:
er... got spray paint? and spray over it?

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
if until the thieves really tow your myvi,u really sux in your luck or u got lotsa enemy.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all Sifus,

Need you all advice on my steering problem. My car sterling keep on suave to left while the car on the road.

I have done twice alignment and balancing..my tyres also is new..light accident on bumper only..

please advice..thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience