Discussion On Your Daily Ride

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Eh? Got Auto for 1.3? From what I know Wira 1.3 only comes in manual. Unless converted?
Oh wait, was it 1.5 compared to 1.6.....lol but remember he mention was 1.3. He always complain driving back to hometown and saying use so much fuel.....lol:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
1.3 A/T also, not M/T...lol
Oh wait, was it 1.5 compared to 1.6.....lol but remember he mention was 1.3. He always complain driving back to hometown and saying use so much fuel.....lol:driver:
The 1.6 despite with just 100cc more had a much higher power gain than the 1.5 and one extra gear ratio which probably helps in cruising.

I once asked a friend who tested before Wira 1.6 auto about how did the 1.6 feel compared to my car feel. He himself is driving 1.3 manual and he said the 1.6 is powerful unlike his 1.3. Then I ask if compare with mine? He say cannot compare, auto vs manual. My 1.5 more powerful than the 1.6 auto. :rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
By reducing it to 205mm width which is 20mm lesser than 225mm, won't it cause the tyres to become slightly stretched? Maybe something at 215/45/17 is a better balance and more common to get?

I think the previous stock wheels with those tyres really disappointed you a lot. :biggrin:
Not really coz actually 7.5jj is maximum width recommended to pair with 205/50 tires, so mine at 7jj still within that range. 215/45/17 is also good but a bit too thin (sidewall height only 9.7cm) so harsher. My X now on 245/40/18 is also only having sidewall of 9.8cm and I can already feel it harsher than before even though the steering response is of course better too. Next change for my X I'd probably try 235/45/18 + 265/40/18, or 225/45/18 + 255/40/18, but I think the front end surely would not be as responsive as this current size.

Std tires is just a skinny 185/65/15, using the shit Continental CC series! No good for anything other than just comfort and durability, utterly shit tires!

No worry brother. 205/50R17, Goodyear Asy3, Michelin PS3 and PS4 also have......lol
Yeah, the V12 Evo2 and Fleva also have, but other models (F1D5, S1 Evo2, CSC series etc.) don't have so selection is much narrower. Most shops also don't stock this size much hence the chance of getting a bigger discount price is a lot less (I think it can be even more expensive than the 225/45/17, not sure).

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not really coz actually 7.5jj is maximum width recommended to pair with 205/50 tires, so mine at 7jj still within that range. 215/45/17 is also good but a bit too thin (sidewall height only 9.7cm) so harsher. My X now on 245/40/18 is also only having sidewall of 9.8cm and I can already feel it harsher than before even though the steering response is of course better too. Next change for my X I'd probably try 235/45/18 + 265/40/18, or 225/45/18 + 255/40/18, but I think the front end surely would not be as responsive as this current size.

Std tires is just a skinny 185/65/15, using the shit Continental CC series! No good for anything other than just comfort and durability, utterly shit tires!

Yeah, the V12 Evo2 and Fleva also have, but other models (F1D5, S1 Evo2, CSC series etc.) don't have so selection is much narrower. Most shops also don't stock this size much hence the chance of getting a bigger discount price is a lot less (I think it can be even more expensive than the 225/45/17, not sure).
If so, maybe 205 might give you less rolling resistance and lets your car feel more power compared to 225mm. But your Mark X tyres are really wide and expensive too I think. Looks like you like to try on various tyre sizes instead of sticking to the same size all the time. :biggrin:

Nowadays, conti tyres seemed to come with many stock cars. But they are not exactly cheap in terms of price either.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If so, maybe 205 might give you less rolling resistance and lets your car feel more power compared to 225mm. But your Mark X tyres are really wide and expensive too I think. Looks like you like to try on various tyre sizes instead of sticking to the same size all the time. :biggrin:

Nowadays, conti tyres seemed to come with many stock cars. But they are not exactly cheap in terms of price either.
Well I actually prefer sidewall height no less than 10cm but for the Mark X I also bought the tires used together with the rims so cannot be too choosy as well! :biggrin: Ideally I would like 235/45 & 265/40/18 but those sizes are not as common especially 265/40/18 so that will be damn expensive too, and not sure if can still clear or will rub the rear fenders already. So second choice would be 225/45 & 255/40/18. We'll see later when comes time to change again (and that's also assuming I still own the car too).

Continental tires are good, at least based on my previous experience on CSC series but not their low end (well IMHO all low end models are hopeless anyway no matter what brands!).

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Oh, you have the rare Waja variant. DOHC right? Power should be much improved over the 4G18.

True, at least you don't have to rush or hurry with your DIY.
Peak hp is low for 1.8 engine at 118hp.Even Campro CPS pumps out 125hp.
It win hands down in power delivery,fuel consumption,gb shifting, engine refinement.
Oh wait...it "wins" on maintenance cost too..heheh.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well I actually prefer sidewall height no less than 10cm but for the Mark X I also bought the tires used together with the rims so cannot be too choosy as well! :biggrin: Ideally I would like 235/45 & 265/40/18 but those sizes are not as common especially 265/40/18 so that will be damn expensive too, and not sure if can still clear or will rub the rear fenders already. So second choice would be 225/45 & 255/40/18. We'll see later when comes time to change again (and that's also assuming I still own the car too).

Continental tires are good, at least based on my previous experience on CSC series but not their low end (well IMHO all low end models are hopeless anyway no matter what brands!).
So now you are using 10mm narrower than your ideal width. Just a small difference. But from the sound of it, your wheels seems like newly bought?

The high end continentals are imported from Germany itself isn't it? As for the low end ones, I've read a lot of bad reviews in zth regarding them.

Yup, the MC5 model for mid range and CC5 for lower range....:driver:
Most continental tyres we can see here are low end ones. Hardly seeing anyone using high end variants.

It win hands down in power delivery,fuel consumption,gb shifting, engine refinement.
What gearbox is yours using? Also from Renault?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is the Renault engine low on maintenance? Heard there are a lot of complains on it. In fact at that time was suppose to get the 1.8 Waja, but when the talk failed Mitsu and they took the Renault engine, I pass. One of my friend who did get one, mentioned his always in Service Center....:hmmmm:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Most continental tyres we can see here are low end ones. Hardly seeing anyone using high end variants.
OEM for car company the tyres sure will not be premium unless the car is also. I only know PUG 308T and VW have the CSC range but had plenty of complains of bulging. My friends who had them all change to other brands of tyres when the tyres bulge and one even burst.....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So now you are using 10mm narrower than your ideal width. Just a small difference. But from the sound of it, your wheels seems like newly bought?

The high end continentals are imported from Germany itself isn't it? As for the low end ones, I've read a lot of bad reviews in zth regarding them.

No, not like that. My 245 is actually already 2 cm wider than the std tires for this car for the Sports Package version which comes stock with 225/45/18 all round on 18x8 rims. As for my stock ones, they're even smaller 215/60/16 with 16x7 rims only! Newer GRX130 Sports Package comes with slight larger 235/45/18 which is still 1cm narrower than mine now. So mine at 245 is already considered a bit overspec, which is good already, but of course if can go wider then better lor! :biggrin:

No I bought my rims used, cannot afford brand new Volk Racing forged rims leh, they cost the bomb!

High end Continentals can be made in any European countries, not necessarily Germany.

OEM for car company the tyres sure will not be premium unless the car is also. I only know PUG 308T and VW have the CSC range but had plenty of complains of bulging. My friends who had them all change to other brands of tyres when the tyres bulge and one even burst.....lol
Some Mercs E & C classes also come stock with CSC tires.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
What gearbox is yours using? Also from Renault?
Is the Renault engine low on maintenance? Heard there are a lot of complains on it. In fact at that time was suppose to get the 1.8 Waja, but when the talk failed Mitsu and they took the Renault engine, I pass. One of my friend who did get one, mentioned his always in Service Center....:hmmmm:
I think the gearbox is inhouse by peugot/renault/citreon.
Its called AL4 or DPO gearbox.
Normal 3 speed + OD.What i likes abt the gb is the shift is very quick.Even quicker than the newer Invecs in my BLM.Power delivery felt direct like a manual car. Kickdown and upshift is done quickly and adapting to your right foot input.

On the maintenance..i said "win" instead of win...there is a different there..hehhe.
Parts are generally higher in cost but it does not come with problem every now and then.Jus during the early period of ownership it misbehave under warranty. Now after 14years and 200k km its all wear and tear. What i learn over the years is that engine problem mainly comes from the crank sensor, gb problem comes from poor connection of the tcu. Even if u have a gb solenoid failure it will set u back less than rm300 of u know where to go and source for part.

I encounter multiple gb problem but all solve by just simple tuning or cleaning of the tcu connector.The gb is very tough really.Just dont forget to change the atf. The trick is to drive it on regular basis.One Proton tech shared with me that dont panic when the gb warnig light is on but the gb still shift although not as smooth.Thats show the gb is ok and not kaput like most mech will said.

To share some info,just now i have a meeting with an electronic reliability engineer whom handle reliability test on electronic chip.He mention with modern car,u have to drive it regularly to preserve the electronics. His explanation is like saying the chips are design to work that way.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro 6UE5t, ur used volks rims also cost half bomb... lol
Hahaha, ok la, not that expensive and still affordable actually coz already got some scratches, plus got nice GY German made tires that came with it, so I close eye and went ahead with the deal. Your Type-C is also the same la!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I am planning to apply a thin carpet in my door cut pocket.

Initially I was thinking to use double sided tape but after checking the material of the carpet is cotton, I am having the idea to apply glue.

Now, my question is, where can I get odorless glue which suitable for such application.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience