2002 Waja Auto Problem

khchow80

Mar 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifu here,recently i have brought 2002 Waja auto last month.After brought,been change some part as below:

1)10w40 Shell engine oil - Maintenance
2)Air filter - Maintenance
3)Oil filter - Maintenance
4)Proton SP3 ATF - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
5)Timing belt - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
6)Fan belt - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
7)Wiper link - Wiper arm loose so change it
8)Valve cover gasket - Bit oil leaking
9)Petrol filter - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
10)Plug - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
11)Plug coil - Broken and previous owner just gum it back only
12)Plug seal
13)Water pump - fan blade got lubang
14)Aircond fan motor - Sometime not running
15)4pcs new rim and tyre
16Rear lower arm short - Can't do alignment and rubber spoilt
17)Blower motor - Sometime 'jit jit' sound when on aircond
18)Door switch - Sometime not functioning
19)MP3 player - Ori player sound knob loose

After changing this all engine serve well.But encounter other problem as below:

1)Sometime 'ngek ngek' sound from rear but disappear after wash car or rain(Is that absorber or bush fail?)
2)When drive straight or bumper road,steering sometime 'krok krok' sound (Is that absorber fail or bush?Coz mechanic been told front absober not really good and got scraches)
3)Sometime when pick up,driver door got vibration but disappear when car drive smooth (Is that window assembly problem as don't know it's metal or plastic type)
4)Bit white smoke when cool start (Is that engine oil that i use too thin)
5)Bit makan engine oil
6)Sometime can't start car,it 'tik' for first time start,second start ok already.Been change 1 of the relay in fuse box coz found that broken relay cover,problem solved.But symtom come back this few day.1st start 'tik',second start ok already.Is that alternator problem?

Any sifu can give comment about the funny sound and problem that i encounter after repair?Appreciate all sifu opinion.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
1)Sometime 'ngek ngek' sound from rear but disappear after wash car or rain(Is that absorber or bush fail?)
2)When drive straight or bumper road,steering sometime 'krok krok' sound (Is that absorber fail or bush?Coz mechanic been told front absober not really good and got scraches)
3)Sometime when pick up,driver door got vibration but disappear when car drive smooth (Is that window assembly problem as don't know it's metal or plastic type)
4)Bit white smoke when cool start (Is that engine oil that i use too thin)
5)Bit makan engine oil
6)Sometime can't start car,it 'tik' for first time start,second start ok already.Been change 1 of the relay in fuse box coz found that broken relay cover,problem solved.But symtom come back this few day.1st start 'tik',second start ok already.Is that alternator problem?

Any sifu can give comment about the funny sound and problem that i encounter after repair?Appreciate all sifu opinion.
1). Hard to say. Is this an accident free car? Why don't you get someone else to drive and you sit at the back to isolate the sound?

2). Krok krok sound might be a few things. But since you didn't touch the absorbers, it's possibly the top absorber mounting that's spoilt.

3). Old Proton, probably the door panel is loose causing the noise. Why don't you try taking out the panel and see if the noise is still there. If it is then it's likely the power window assembly.

4). White smoke is sort of normal. Smell it, heavy petrol smell? Or no smell? As long as the smoke goes away la. The other possibility is your piston rings are wearing out.

5). See #4

6). Cannot start is not alternator problem. Highest possibility is battery. Second possibility is starter motor.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If I were you, I would jack up the car, put the car on jack stand.......crawl under the car.....and check for wear and tear with a torch light. Look for worn rubbers, loose nuts, broken rubber, boots, damaged panels, leaks, loose hoses, dangling wires, etc. One will see many things from below the car that one dont see them often.

Problems can be sorted, parts can be easily replaced.

Just need to spend some time and money sorting the problem out bit by bit esp. on 2nd hand cars.

You have done well taking preventive repair & maintenance once you have bought over the car.

Happy motoring!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cold start white smoke can be piston rings or valve guide.

Cannot start on first turn can be starter motor, starter solenoid or the ignition switch wiring high resistance. Find out what first. If starter motor can try servicing it. If wiring high resistance you can add a wiring relay...:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
white smoke during cold start may be becos of water vapour in the exhaust and engine. This can be seen if the car is left out cold at night or have not been started for many days. In some case, you could see droplets of water at the exhaust tip...
Some 20 min engine idling will rid of it...

If suspected of something else, try have someone to tail your car on the road. See there is blue/whitish smoke comes out from the Waja exhaust during the drive....

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

that mean the engine starts to consume engine oil. There will be drop of engine oil level. Check and note the oil level at the dipstick..

khchow80

Mar 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
1). Hard to say. Is this an accident free car? Why don't you get someone else to drive and you sit at the back to isolate the sound?

2). Krok krok sound might be a few things. But since you didn't touch the absorbers, it's possibly the top absorber mounting that's spoilt.

3). Old Proton, probably the door panel is loose causing the noise. Why don't you try taking out the panel and see if the noise is still there. If it is then it's likely the power window assembly.

4). White smoke is sort of normal. Smell it, heavy petrol smell? Or no smell? As long as the smoke goes away la. The other possibility is your piston rings are wearing out.

5). See #4

6). Cannot start is not alternator problem. Highest possibility is battery. Second possibility is starter motor.
1)During repair the car,mechanic said it's accident free car.Just some minor hit only but it's normal for old car....

2)Will sent over workshop and check again.Currently just spray WD40 on all front and rear bush that i can see and see still have sound or not.

3)Will try your solution for the noise.

4)It's heavy petrol smell.Might to know what is the problem?

5)Ok

6)Will check battery condition and starter motor again with workshop.

Just want to ask sifu opinion here and don't want buta-buta kena cut by workshop as engine maintenance and repair cost me 2k++ already.Anyway,thanks for the info.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

If I were you, I would jack up the car, put the car on jack stand.......crawl under the car.....and check for wear and tear with a torch light. Look for worn rubbers, loose nuts, broken rubber, boots, damaged panels, leaks, loose hoses, dangling wires, etc. One will see many things from below the car that one dont see them often.

Problems can be sorted, parts can be easily replaced.

Just need to spend some time and money sorting the problem out bit by bit esp. on 2nd hand cars.

You have done well taking preventive repair & maintenance once you have bought over the car.

Happy motoring!
Will sent back to workshop and jack up check again....

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Cannot start on first turn can be starter motor, starter solenoid or the ignition switch wiring high resistance. Find out what first. If starter motor can try servicing it. If wiring high resistance you can add a wiring relay...:driver:
White smoke for cold start not much,just little bit only but bit makan engine oil.Is that need to overhaul the engine or any other solution for it?

After read many info from forum,many also face thsi problem before and add relay then problem solved.Anyway will sent car to workshop to check for the problem again.....

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

white smoke during cold start may be becos of water vapour in the exhaust and engine. This can be seen if the car is left out cold at night or have not been started for many days. In some case, you could see droplets of water at the exhaust tip...
Some 20 min engine idling will rid of it...

If suspected of something else, try have someone to tail your car on the road. See there is blue/whitish smoke comes out from the Waja exhaust during the drive....

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

that mean the engine starts to consume engine oil. There will be drop of engine oil level. Check and note the oil level at the dipstick..
Yup,there are droplets of water at the exhaust tip.Been ask somebody tail behind my car,just have bit white smoke when pick up and no white smoke(normal)if if drive smooth.What is your opinion about this?Got problem?

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
From the sounds of it, that white smoke is normal la.

Engine oil decreasing could be because of other things. Did you check for oil leaks anywhere?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeah, oil leaks could attributed to loss of engine oil. Put newspaper under the car overnight....and see if there is traces of oil on the next day.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
1)
White smoke for cold start not much,just little bit only but bit makan engine oil.Is that need to overhaul the engine or any other solution for it?
Consume engine oil like how much? If little also quite common. For me if only a little then just top up.
Overhaul only when it is pretty bad shape like consume a lot of oil and or smoking badly

khchow80

Mar 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
From the sounds of it, that white smoke is normal la.

Engine oil decreasing could be because of other things. Did you check for oil leaks anywhere?
During repair car when first get car,mechanic been check and there is leaking on engine top cover and been change gasket.Also change plug seal when changing plug coil.After that been check this 2 place,no more oil leaking.But mechanic said that maybe piston not really good already since crandshaft there very dirty.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

yeah, oil leaks could attributed to loss of engine oil. Put newspaper under the car overnight....and see if there is traces of oil on the next day.
I park my car at house car park area and did not notice any oil traces.Any opinion about this?

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Consume engine oil like how much? If little also quite common. For me if only a little then just top up.
Overhaul only when it is pretty bad shape like consume a lot of oil and or smoking badly
From first time changing engine oil,been top up 1 time and finish use 4 litre engine oil and bit high according engine dip level.Last 2 day check again and it ngam ngam at the recoment level engine oil dip.Been running around 2k since change engine oil.Is that normal?
Anyway,plan to change 10w40 fully sintetic oil for next change see got any improvement or not but will be bit pricey coz i use this brand 5w40 fully sintetin oil for my other car all the while and performance of this oil not bad......or i should change to 15w40?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Fully syn cost a bomb to be used. I think the Waja may not suit full syn oil judging by its age and the condition of the engine.
I would use semi or just normal mineral oil....with more frequent interval oil change to remove carbon deposits.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
From first time changing engine oil,been top up 1 time and finish use 4 litre engine oil and bit high according engine dip level.Last 2 day check again and it ngam ngam at the recoment level engine oil dip.Been running around 2k since change engine oil.Is that normal?
Anyway,plan to change 10w40 fully sintetic oil for next change see got any improvement or not but will be bit pricey coz i use this brand 5w40 fully sintetin oil for my other car all the while and performance of this oil not bad......or i should change to 15w40?
Firstly check oil level early morning before start up then you will get correct level, Another thing is do no overfill. If you can fill right up to max all the better, if not keep slightly below max line.
Since car is new to you, you should monitor from now on. If doing 5k km OCI see if you required top up from now at max level to next oil change.
If you want to use FS can try buying from Tesco during promo. Shell helix New Pure Plus is out, Castrol Edge, Mobil 1 and Total all have sale once in a while. If you need top up Total will be good as theirs is 5L packing. FS usually is 5w-40 except Mobil 1 is 5w-50
If into SS just keep to 10w-40 will do....:driver:

khchow80

Mar 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Fully syn cost a bomb to be used. I think the Waja may not suit full syn oil judging by its age and the condition of the engine.
I would use semi or just normal mineral oil....with more frequent interval oil change to remove carbon deposits.
Because I been use Shenzo 5w40 FS oil on my other car all the while and it's not bad the performance.For Waja,maybe will try 10w40 FS oil or 15w40 FS oil for this brand see how the result regarding eat oil problem.Maybe need monitor for 2 or 3 engine oil change to see the result....

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Firstly check oil level early morning before start up then you will get correct level, Another thing is do no overfill. If you can fill right up to max all the better, if not keep slightly below max line.
Since car is new to you, you should monitor from now on. If doing 5k km OCI see if you required top up from now at max level to next oil change.
If you want to use FS can try buying from Tesco during promo. Shell helix New Pure Plus is out, Castrol Edge, Mobil 1 and Total all have sale once in a while. If you need top up Total will be good as theirs is 5L packing. FS usually is 5w-40 except Mobil 1 is 5w-50
If into SS just keep to 10w-40 will do....:driver:
Yup I check the oil level every time in the morning before start.Maybe need 2 or 3 oil change to monitor it.For the Tesco FS engine oil mostly is 5w40 or 5w50 and I think not suitable for Waja gua.Somemore scare that is recycle oil coz price so cheap.Maybe will plan 10w40 or 15w40 FS oil that change 10k every change(maybe 7k for mine since engine dirty) see how the result and Shenzo oil have FS oil for 10w40 and 15w40 also......

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Because I been use Shenzo 5w40 FS oil on my other car all the while and it's not bad the performance.For Waja,maybe will try 10w40 FS oil or 15w40 FS oil for this brand see how the result regarding eat oil problem.Maybe need monitor for 2 or 3 engine oil change to see the result....

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Yup I check the oil level every time in the morning before start.Maybe need 2 or 3 oil change to monitor it.For the Tesco FS engine oil mostly is 5w40 or 5w50 and I think not suitable for Waja gua.Somemore scare that is recycle oil coz price so cheap.Maybe will plan 10w40 or 15w40 FS oil that change 10k every change(maybe 7k for mine since engine dirty) see how the result and Shenzo oil have FS oil for 10w40 and 15w40 also......
Bro., what are you talking about? you already using 5w-40, so how not suitable? Tesco is a MNC, won't sell you fake oil. You probably should be more scare buying from spare part shop....:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah, some spare-parts shops sell knock-off engine oil so good until experienced mechanics cant tell the diff from the container, until the engine gave problem....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to brozz out there.
Im looking for this car. Its not stolen, i sold this car to a youngster on june 2011 n he promise me that he will make jpj inspection n transfer name, few months later i checked whether the owner do make the transfer name o not n i found out tht there is no transfer name n got summons. Road tax exp n 3 months ago my friend saw it at sunway area. Please do help me to notice the car n the owner. I cant reach him. Switch off the fon.

White color civic ek3 with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience