2002 Waja Auto Problem

khchow80

khchow80

Mar 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Bro., what are you talking about? you already using 5w-40, so how not suitable? Tesco is a MNC, won't sell you fake oil. You probably should be more scare buying from spare part shop....:biggrin:
I been said I use 5w40 FS oil on my other car,not Waja.Waja I just use 10w40 for first time changing oil....Maybe will buy engine oil from Tesco if have promotion next time....

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Yeah, some spare-parts shops sell knock-off engine oil so good until experienced mechanics cant tell the diff from the container, until the engine gave problem....
Maybe try buy engine oil from Tesco next time if got promotion...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I been said I use 5w40 FS oil on my other car,not Waja.Waja I just use 10w40 for first time changing oil....Maybe will buy engine oil from Tesco if have promotion next time....

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Maybe try buy engine oil from Tesco next time if got promotion...
In that case stick to SS 10w-40. Tesco also have sales on SS 10w-40....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
for high mileage engine...try do compression test (check) to see if the valve seal harden and consume engine oil...

if all good...just use 20-50 or 15-50 oil.... sometimes cheap basic oil work better... (this is the part where people says that old engine cant use full syn/semi syn oil)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
for high mileage engine...try do compression test (check) to see if the valve seal harden and consume engine oil...

if all good...just use 20-50 or 15-50 oil.... sometimes cheap basic oil work better... (this is the part where people says that old engine cant use full syn/semi syn oil)
Actually being old school, during my earlier times Duckhams Q formula was one of the best multi grade oil around. Viscosity 20w-50, but those days engine not as refine as nowadays.
Datsun 1200 taxi done 250k km just needed a ring job...:smokin:

mosesmk

Known Member

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Hi all sifu here,recently i have brought 2002 Waja auto last month.After brought,been change some part as below:

1)10w40 Shell engine oil - Maintenance
2)Air filter - Maintenance
3)Oil filter - Maintenance
4)Proton SP3 ATF - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
5)Timing belt - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
6)Fan belt - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
7)Wiper link - Wiper arm loose so change it
8)Valve cover gasket - Bit oil leaking
9)Petrol filter - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
10)Plug - Maintenance (Don't know when previous owner change it)
11)Plug coil - Broken and previous owner just gum it back only
12)Plug seal
13)Water pump - fan blade got lubang
14)Aircond fan motor - Sometime not running
15)4pcs new rim and tyre
16Rear lower arm short - Can't do alignment and rubber spoilt
17)Blower motor - Sometime 'jit jit' sound when on aircond
18)Door switch - Sometime not functioning
19)MP3 player - Ori player sound knob loose

After changing this all engine serve well.But encounter other problem as below:

1)Sometime 'ngek ngek' sound from rear but disappear after wash car or rain(Is that absorber or bush fail?)
2)When drive straight or bumper road,steering sometime 'krok krok' sound (Is that absorber fail or bush?Coz mechanic been told front absober not really good and got scraches)
3)Sometime when pick up,driver door got vibration but disappear when car drive smooth (Is that window assembly problem as don't know it's metal or plastic type)
4)Bit white smoke when cool start (Is that engine oil that i use too thin)
5)Bit makan engine oil
6)Sometime can't start car,it 'tik' for first time start,second start ok already.Been change 1 of the relay in fuse box coz found that broken relay cover,problem solved.But symtom come back this few day.1st start 'tik',second start ok already.Is that alternator problem?

Any sifu can give comment about the funny sound and problem that i encounter after repair?Appreciate all sifu opinion.
Hi..

No 6 try check your +ve battery terminal.Last time that the culprit to my car. Stock terminal made from tin and wear and tear make it less grip. Solve my problem after change it. Bought from spare part lest than Rm10. Off course no same as stock, but it work.

khchow80

khchow80

Mar 9, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
In that case stick to SS 10w-40. Tesco also have sales on SS 10w-40....:driver:
Maybe will change 15w40 for next oil change.But supricing me is I top up with 5w40 FS oil(left over 10w40 oil been finish top up),gear change become more smooth....

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

What is compression test?How to do it and how to know is that valve seal harden?
Maybe will change 15w40 for next oil change see how the result....

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Hi..

No 6 try check your +ve battery terminal.Last time that the culprit to my car. Stock terminal made from tin and wear and tear make it less grip. Solve my problem after change it. Bought from spare part lest than Rm10. Off course no same as stock, but it work.
I have clean -ve and +ve battery terminal but did not change new one and problem still remain.Been ask some mechanic and most of them said is starter problem and need around 200++ for the starter....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe will change 15w40 for next oil change.But supricing me is I top up with 5w40 FS oil(left over 10w40 oil been finish top up),gear change become more smooth....

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

What is compression test?How to do it and how to know is that valve seal harden?
Maybe will change 15w40 for next oil change see how the result....

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

I have clean -ve and +ve battery terminal but did not change new one and problem still remain.Been ask some mechanic and most of them said is starter problem and need around 200++ for the starter....
Top up engine oil, gear change smoother??:confused:

Maybe can try service the starter first, can be dirty or something....:smokin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya wo,engine and gear change more smooth than before,maybe i'm wrong.....
Service starter is that mean clean it?
Yup, starter motor can be dirty. Maybe clean already, will have better connection.
Is up to you, or if you want to replace it immediately

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The sound from the front could be cause by worn out lower arm.u need to jack up the front to check it properly ot in my case i had to remove the ball joint to discover the freeplay.there was no freeplay felt when the balljoint is installed.
the rubber of the lower arm can be replaced but i strongly not recommend you to just replace the rubber bush as the balljoint cant be replace.just buy a new lower arm.price is below rm100 a piece.
since its an old car,do check the steering rack bush oso.if it needs to be replace u can add a piece or bike tube on the bush to make it last longer.most mech know this trick.the steering rack can last long if the fluid is regularly change.dont forget to check the tie rod too,this one is cheap.
u should also check your absorber mount for worn bearing.
or,it could be just the absorber.nowadays replacement part have questionable quality.absorber does not have to develop a leak to fail.the valve inside the absorber can fail.

on the noise in the door...remove the door panel and drive.see if its the power window bracket which cause the noise.steel bracket can causes some noise if u are using lower quality replacement esp when u r driving with the window not fully wind up.

noise from the rear...check the absorber.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My mechanic told me my car brakes are imbalance,

Meaning when emergency braking, the car will go to one side, and wont stop in straight manner.

Can anyone whom experienced such braking problem share whats the cause of brake imbalance?

Also opinion of anyone whom know how to solve the problem is welcomed...:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience