Great Wall Haval M4 - <RM50k

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Greatwall is tiny in China. It's just another one of those car manufacturers.

And that's one helluva handsome car dash. I quite like that dash. I'm thinking it's the end of a lot of cars if this car were to come out at that price. Even Viva habis cerita.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Greatwall is tiny in China. It's just another one of those car manufacturers.

And that's one helluva handsome car dash. I quite like that dash. I'm thinking it's the end of a lot of cars if this car were to come out at that price. Even Viva habis cerita.
New Viva will put up a fight. Fuel economy will go to the Viva.

Proton is the one that will bungkus. :thefinger: The senile old man coming talk shit, saying government should pay Proton for its R&D work.

Why should the government, that belongs to the people, pay for the R&D of a private company owned by DRB-Hicom? :thefinger::banghead:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
New Viva will put up a fight. Fuel economy will go to the Viva.

Proton is the one that will bungkus. :thefinger: The senile old man coming talk shit, saying government should pay Proton for its R&D work.

Why should the government, that belongs to the people, pay for the R&D of a private company owned by DRB-Hicom? :thefinger::banghead:
Stay on topic bro :rofl::rofl:

Keen to test this out, as the price makes for a really good Kembara replacement...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Stay on topic bro :rofl::rofl:

Keen to test this out, as the price makes for a really good Kembara replacement...
On topic ma, talking about this car tapao-ing market share of other cars.

Though, I am very skeptical of China's car in the safety aspect. Let's see how many stars this car can get in ASEAN NCAP.

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Though, I am very skeptical of China's car in the safety aspect. Let's see how many stars this car can get in ASEAN NCAP.
Most of us are very skeptical about their safety le. Sure, some of them are already getting NCAP 5 star crash test ratings, but that's just a handful of them. Vast majority may not be safe to be imported into the EU.

But, it is very refreshing to see that Great Wall, who was one of the manufacturers who cloned some well known cars in the past, has finally grown up with their own designs. Much like how the Japanese started last time.

Only time will tell how well the interior trim will stand our abuse and hot weather. Will panel gaps increase? Will trims crack over time? Will the aircon controls drop off when turned too fast? Does the gear knob break off even after replacing a few times?

:rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Golden question... will the power windows on great wall fail? :biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

I'm concerned of the built reliability than safety...i mean, what can you expect from a RM45k SUV? Its like buying a Kembara which nobody worried bout its safety rating.. I guess this car can at least get 3-star rating since it has ABS & EBD, 2 air bags.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm concerned of the built reliability than safety...i mean, what can you expect from a RM45k SUV? Its like buying a Kembara which nobody worried bout its safety rating.. I guess this car can at least get 3-star rating since it has ABS & EBD, 2 air bags.
My Tiggo got 3 star only also....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Most of us are very skeptical about their safety le. Sure, some of them are already getting NCAP 5 star crash test ratings, but that's just a handful of them. Vast majority may not be safe to be imported into the EU.

But, it is very refreshing to see that Great Wall, who was one of the manufacturers who cloned some well known cars in the past, has finally grown up with their own designs. Much like how the Japanese started last time.

Only time will tell how well the interior trim will stand our abuse and hot weather. Will panel gaps increase? Will trims crack over time? Will the aircon controls drop off when turned too fast? Does the gear knob break off even after replacing a few times?

:rofl:
My Tiggo gear knob did not break off, but got one time lock in drive and cannot change to R...:rolleyes:
I think they replace certain item, but failed again. Went to complain they change all the linkages also, until now so far so good.....:biggrin:
Hope GWH just as good.....:driver:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
My Tiggo got 3 star only also....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

My Tiggo gear knob did not break off, but got one time lock in drive and cannot change to R...:rolleyes:
I think they replace certain item, but failed again. Went to complain they change all the linkages also, until now so far so good.....:biggrin:
Hope GWH just as good.....:driver:
I'm too skeptical...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you liken GW with the other Chinese brand in KL - Chery, you can see how Cherys improved over the years. One of their very first cars before the QQ was a Jetta replica. It looked like the previous model Jetta from the outside, but really bad plastic wood grain on the inside. Drove quite well though for a 1.6L and was damn cheap, something like 60k. The really bad interior was what turned me off. Look at Chery now and take their Eastar for example. Initial models had the 2.4 and then later the 2.0. It slowly improved here and there until the car it is today which is bloody fantastic. Soft leather interior, plush and well fitted panels, safety features all round, and cheap. Only reason why I didn't buy it is the wife-factor. She thinks buying a more expensive, less equipped Toyota is a better buy.

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

It'll only be a matter of time before China cars flood the market with cars comparable with its competitors then you'll only be buying those competitors for the pedigree, nothing else.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you liken GW with the other Chinese brand in KL - Chery, you can see how Cherys improved over the years. One of their very first cars before the QQ was a Jetta replica. It looked like the previous model Jetta from the outside, but really bad plastic wood grain on the inside. Drove quite well though for a 1.6L and was damn cheap, something like 60k. The really bad interior was what turned me off. Look at Chery now and take their Eastar for example. Initial models had the 2.4 and then later the 2.0. It slowly improved here and there until the car it is today which is bloody fantastic. Soft leather interior, plush and well fitted panels, safety features all round, and cheap. Only reason why I didn't buy it is the wife-factor. She thinks buying a more expensive, less equipped Toyota is a better buy.

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

It'll only be a matter of time before China cars flood the market with cars comparable with its competitors then you'll only be buying those competitors for the pedigree, nothing else.
It can be even cheaper if not for Proton?.....:banghead::banghead:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I have never been to China but a Matrade officer whom stayed there said China auto maker have all sort of design which most of them have similar design like Merc, BMW, even Ferrari.
Just imagine if they send those vehicle here....out of nowhere our road will be flooded with "luxury" car.
I's be going for "AMG E55". Although the engine will most probably a 2 liter only.
All priced abt 100k plus. Darn...its hard to ignore.
U want a Furrlari for 150K?

Also bring in all those small/mini city car and give incentive for those whom enter/use it in the city.

On the Haval, i still think it should come in 4x4 guise.
That is the reason why people still hold on to their Kembara despite the terrible fc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can any one custom made BRAKE PUMP BRACKET for satria ?
I have seen brake pump bracket,it seems to be a very simple
bracket but cost more than hunderd bugs.
So i would like to ask any of u can teach me to custom made one ah.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience