Subject: How Toyota Cheats Malaysians

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

trdturbo

Known Member
All, i got this forward email from my friend.Just read it.ok? Subject: How Toyota Cheats Malaysians > > > Hi guys...the Avanza seems to have 'shook' the> Malaysian motoring world. An> entry level, 7 seater MPV for just 63K for an> auto. I just shake my head> > in disbelieve when I see the amount of people who> are jumping to get their> hands on one. I must say that once again the> Malaysian public has been> fooled. Yeah, the Avanza is a new car...but the> technology? It's a MPV with> the technology of cars produced 15 years back.> Here I list down a few things> which I feel everyone should know before singing> praises for the car.> 1. The Avanza uses the same exact> engine(KV-E3) as used in the> Kembara.> Even the gear box and the gear ratio is the same.> Is just that Perodua calls> the Variable Valve Timing Engine DVVT and Toyota> VVTI and Honda calls> > it V-TEC and Proton calls it CAMPRO.> 2. The Avanza is only 180mm longer and> 75mm wider than the> Kembara. So can imagine the size...its hardly> bigger than the Kembara....The> Avanza hardly has any booth space. You can forget> about carrying 7 people> with luggage for a holiday trip. And how many of> your really need to carry> more than 5 people in your vehicle?> 3. There are no safety features on the> Avanza...no air bags, no> ABS and no EBD.> 4. The Avanza is heavier than the> Kembara. General public view on> > the Kembara is that it is underpowered and it> guzzles petrol. I'm really> amaze at how people can say that the Avanza is> powerful because it has a> VVTI engine.....am I missing something here?> 5. The Price difference between the> Kembara EZ and the Avanza> Auto is a whopping RM6372. Is it really worth it> to spend so much more for a> slighty bigger and heavier Kembara? For RM63K plus> there are many other cars> you can buy which offers better comfort, design> and space.> > > The rest is for you to check out yourself before> you start singing praises> or start saying that the Avanza is a good car. The> price has been increased> > because of the high demand. Just because it wears> a Toyota badge people are> > running for it like hell? What would have happened> if it was decided the> Avanza be by Perodua? I definitely say it would> have been a different story> > all together. Don't you feel that Toyota(btw> Toyota owns Daihatsu which in> turn has a 51% stake in Perodua) is taking the> Malaysian public for a ride?> > You decide. If you agreed with what I've said pass> the word around and save> > your friends from being fooled into buying the> Avanza.> Go to the Autoworld Forums> (www.autoworld.com.my), under the Toyota thread> > and read more about the Avanza.> > The same goes for the Toyota Unser but that is a> different story altogether.

good post.. but I don't think "CHEAT" is the right word to use.

You cheat someone only if you lie about something. I don't think Toyota has ever dared to lie that it has ABS, EBD and all that stuff. Hence if someone feels they still want to buy... it is up to them. Call it preference (I know some people who will even buy a car because they like the lights)... some might call it ignorance...

but I don't think that is called cheating. After all... they tell the specs in the brochure... if someone wants to buy... it is the buyers business lor. Obviously the sales and marketing is doing a good job.

.... unlike the crappy SC.

Why dont you compare with Jazz?

and IM still wondering why avanza save more fuel compare to kembara

is it because of kembara 4wd and avanza ff ?

I (or everyone else?!) knew long2 time ago that Avanza using Kembara engine. Even though Avanza are assembled at Perodua factory at Rawang, not at Toyota S. Alam. Somemore u notice that Avanza finishing is moreless kelisa/kembara. I think other knew also, but who care !. Everyone also knew that TOyota had bought over Daihatsu, now Daihatsu become a subsidiary of Toyota. It's normal in the sense of a business acquisition, right?.

For me, it's not cheating. Just a misinformation among malaysian buyer!.
That all!!

That was the fact that publish to everyone.
There are no hidden fact in Avanza spec, and I beleive that most of us know that Kembara and Avanza engine is the same.
Even the latest Myvi engine is the same.

If you want safety features such as air bag, ABS, abd what more.....you can't expect to buy it at RM63K.
Be realistic abit lar.

i think thats nothing really upset from an Avanza...
perhaps you mmay call it a longer kemabara..

i heard the sentence would you pay 6k plus more for a heavier kembara, i would say YES...
Why??? comeon dude, its a TOYOTA..

its a competition, it had better fine quality parts and higher resale value towards our national kembara...

last thing, when people ask or enquire what car you drive?
you would want to answer toyota compared to p2 right?

i know the fact that kembara is seriously underpowered, i owned one for 2years b4...
but it serves the duty of travelling from A to B..

In automotive terms it is parts sharing. It saves manufacturing cost. Also the targe price for a car can be reached easily becuse of the savings. But no one cares about this. They just want new products new technology at Petaling Street prices. GET REAL!

Avanza uses less fuel because of the drivetrain being FR and also the engine had valve timing. Compare to the old Kembara of course the kembara loses out. 4WD with no special engine features.

If DVVTi, ivtec, vvti-l is outdated tech from few years back, i suggest that the author find some newer tech for every automobile owners in the world. I believe he sees hybrid power vehicles should be out now. Sure can, but at a price. Would you pay more than 100K for a toyota prius or honda insight?

Toyota cheats? Sure they do. But which car manufacturer doesn't? Its just how u deliver the cheat. I think the author is just a disgruntled avanza owner serviced by a lousy salesman.

The author is stupid because

1) the engine in kembara was from daihatsu, which is owned by toyota so it's a toyota engine to start of with.

Why no body say kembara is using toyota engine? because the author is stupid

2) VVT is not VVT-i is DVVT but is not VTEC is not CAMPRO - if the author don't even know this, he is stupid :) hahahahahha

3) kembara is 4WD of course consume more petrol than RWD kembara - this also don't know - the author is stupid - hhahahahaha

4) toyota and daihatsu are brothers since before we were born, this also don't know the author is stupid? proof? I only know back in 1980 toyota corolla 1.3 GL = daihatsu charmant inside out except for the shell design.

Sorry to the author to call you stupid.

trdturbo - where is the post in autoworld? must be far far back already, I want to reply there also :) muah ha ha hah ah give that fella a good scolding :) hahha

The best part he said VVT-i = VTEC = COMPRO - hahahahahhhahaha

Man he is really stupid man ................. sorry lah guys I cannot help it. Mua hah ah hah aha a

in autoworld search keyword cheat in subject only found cheated by kia salesmen, no avanza cheating topic

search message subject 1st page don't have, go 2nd page also don't have, 3rd page don't have, 4th page also don't have and is dated July 03 liao so I stop searching.

:( cannot find that bugger to scold him :(

Acoustic said:
trdturbo - where is the post in autoworld? must be far far back already, I want to reply there also :) muah ha ha hah ah give that fella a good scolding :) hahha

The best part he said VVT-i = VTEC = COMPRO - hahahahahhhahaha

Man he is really stupid man ................. sorry lah guys I cannot help it. Mua hah ah hah aha a

Sorry, bro.
I am not the author write this STUPIAK message. I just got it from my email.
I feel funny when read the msg and wanted to share with you guys~
:)
Thanks for all give so much support to Toyota~!

Yahhhoooo~! "Get The Feeling"

yeah.... i think i saw this topic in one of autoworld thread... tak ingat mana pulak... but if i'm not mistaken the guy that posted this is a using tagline something like 'proud that malaysia produces car' but he himself hantam all local made car.... kelakar kot...

anyway this topic sudah lama laaa... right when avanza was launched...

LOL.. this cannot be called "Cheating"

This is Marketing Strategy if the author had even studied marketing before.

The Avanza is 180mm longer and 75mm wider than the Kembara and of course this also contributes to the higher cost of production, hence, higher selling price... How can compare with a Kembara that is smaller?

faeizal said:
yeah.... i think i saw this topic in one of autoworld thread... tak ingat mana pulak... but if i'm not mistaken the guy that posted this is a using tagline something like 'proud that malaysia produces car' but he himself hantam all local made car.... kelakar kot...

anyway this topic sudah lama laaa... right when avanza was launched...

Really?I dun know it. I got this forwarded msg yesterday oni :)
since u know the thread, show this to Acoustic coz he wanna scold him "Stupiak"ass hole~

trdturbo

I know it's not you lah, that's why I ask you know where is the post or not? don't take it at all because it's not meant for you lah - cool OK?

But sad to see that Toyota now is heading for profitability, instead of producing better cars. Gone are the days of powerful turbochaged 4AGEs, 3S-GTEs and the 2JZ-GE... Now they are producing nice 1ZZ/2ZZ-GEs to put in heavy cars....Claim 180-190hp but WHP can't even reach 150 IMO. That's really sad.

yes, the author and pusher for this msg (i AM aware its not trdturbo) is stupid, ignorant and narrowminded.

for those who feel cheated after they buy an Avanza by finding out or being told by friends. CONGRATU-BLOODY-LATIONS for being STOOPID by buying a CAR without checking the brochure or asking the salesman in the showroom. i would like to meet a person who buys car like buying a VCD; pay first check later. if the buyer feels cheated of misinformed. its his fault since EVERY car manufacturer has been obligated to publish specs and its the CONSUMER's job to bloody compare the market before committing to a purchase this big. u think this is a trip to the grocery store issit (pointing to no one in particular lah, no worries)

haiya... so ignorant. if the tech is 15 years old also so what? toyota was the one who created it... trying to make perodua some kind of 'hero' for revealing that engine is also in the kembara...

stupid, stupid, stupid asshole. nothing better to do than spam ppl's mail. (to the author of the msg and those who believes him/her)

Better closed this post la. Unhealty discussion!!

aja, ok lah ok lah, I apolagise, believe it or not I was joking in a serious manner, i.e. pretend to scold kau kau, but in reality, just joking lah. I'm always like that one lah, if people don't get the joke then I sorry lor.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom