How does Proton's Design Department Works?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
so, ultimately while other car designers are competing fiercely (in design, performance, prices, etc) to have a share of pie in the sales, proton is lagging, and lagging and lagging behind.....and probably left out eventually....

This is the Qoros 3, the FIRST model, that will be manufactured by a NEW car company that is 0 years old. Euro NCAP 5 stars. They are going for the Europe market, around €16,000 or $21,000 USD. In MYR its RM66k no including excise duty and sales. ASEAN has signed free trade agreement with China, so no import tax.

So yeah, looking at things to come, will Proton continue to design rubbish? I am sure you can easily get STUDENTS at Lim Kok Wing University to design better looking cars.

attachment.php

Im loving that model man. Hopefully will be in Malaysia.
But I have read that it is for the European market.
RM66K, Proton can zhap lap dy.

Also, comparing with Kia is a bit unfair. Koreans are diehard supporters of their local products. So much so Samsung even makes cars, houses, makeup and loads of other things only for the local market. Heck, Walmart actually failed to take off in Korea because no one wanted to buy non-Korean stuff. Tesco on the other hand co-op with Samsung or someone and they did pretty well. Redesign Kia to look good and the Koreans will support that brand too. I don't remember the details but Kia hired a pretty established designer to change the looks of their cars and it worked. Mahatir wanted to implement this nationalist mentality in M'sia but no one bothered to give a damn and basically failed.

koreans are not really die hard supporters of their own products...
their car market is protected in a way....

now when they open it up or should i say relaxed it...
BMW, Merc etc is pulling in the numbers...
on the other hand, KIA/Hyundai sales figures are taking some hit...
u see more japanese model there now then before...

:smokin:

koreans are not really die hard supporters of their own products...
their car market is protected in a way....

now when they open it up or should i say relaxed it...
BMW, Merc etc is pulling in the numbers...
on the other hand, KIA/Hyundai sales figures are taking some hit...
u see more japanese model there now then before...

Just last week my mother went for a holiday trip to Korea. I ask her what car did she saw over there and she told me almost all also Hyundai and Kia. I look at those photos that she took around Korea's streets and I find a lot of Hyundai and Kia. There are also certain models which is not sold here like Genesis, Genesis Coupe, Equus, Azera...

Just last week my mother went for a holiday trip to Korea. I ask her what car did she saw over there and she told me almost all also Hyundai and Kia. I look at those photos that she took around Korea's streets and I find a lot of Hyundai and Kia. There are also certain models which is not sold here like Genesis, Genesis Coupe, Equus, Azera...

it is only recently....
so dont expect sudden influx of foreign makes all over korea suddenly...

i have seen more BMW's compared to before...

it is only recently....
so dont expect sudden influx of foreign makes all over korea suddenly...

i have seen more BMW's compared to before...

I did spot a few Lexus and Infiniti also. But not Toyota, Honda or Nissan. It's like so rare to spot a Camry or Accord over there unlike here. They are everywhere over here.

lol
korean hates japs to the guts...

thats why u dont see much made in japan there...
:rofl:

lol
korean hates japs to the guts...

thats why u dont see much made in japan there...
:rofl:

Kinda like those old folks at China. They dislike Japan too.

But if you take a look at the kpop industry, they often made special albums with songs in Japanese language for Japan. :confused:

so, ultimately while other car designers are competing fiercely (in design, performance, prices, etc) to have a share of pie in the sales, proton is lagging, and lagging and lagging behind.....and probably left out eventually....
yeah....that's the problem...

Kinda like those old folks at China. They dislike Japan too.

But if you take a look at the kpop industry, they often made special albums with songs in Japanese language for Japan. :confused:

While in Japan, the people don't give a damn thing on that hate hate stuff....Japanese people takes a lot of pride in things they do or made, be it cars, craft, food, clothing etc. Only in Japan you will see the toilet cleaner aunty, uncle smiling with you and telling you to be careful of the slippery floor that she just clean.

Japanese are crazy over Kpop and the Koreans know this so they won't waste a potential market for Kpop just because of "I don't like you." right?

And for the Chinese of ROC, I don't know what's wrong with their head....I can understand the hatred towards the Japanese but that's ****** back to the Sino Japanese war and Japanese has done a lot of cruelty stuff during that time but pass is pass we take our pass as a lesson and not let it happen again but not kept it inside out heart as a hatred until the day you lie inside the coffin....I've China customer and the more educated ones don't have the Japanese and instead work with them....

ok back to topic....

That is too much for the Arena to handle. :biggrin:

yeah....that's the problem...

While in Japan, the people don't give a damn thing on that hate hate stuff....Japanese people takes a lot of pride in things they do or made, be it cars, craft, food, clothing etc. Only in Japan you will see the toilet cleaner aunty, uncle smiling with you and telling you to be careful of the slippery floor that she just clean.

Japanese are crazy over Kpop and the Koreans know this so they won't waste a potential market for Kpop just because of "I don't like you." right?

And for the Chinese of ROC, I don't know what's wrong with their head....I can understand the hatred towards the Japanese but that's ****** back to the Sino Japanese war and Japanese has done a lot of cruelty stuff during that time but pass is pass we take our pass as a lesson and not let it happen again but not kept it inside out heart as a hatred until the day you lie inside the coffin....I've China customer and the more educated ones don't have the Japanese and instead work with them....

ok back to topic....

You're right. Bad things of the past should just be left as the past and as a lesson so that the future generation will not repeat it again. No point keeping the cycle of hatred and passing it down to the innocent next generation.

If there's somebody to hate, its the Germans, not just the Japanese. Remember WW1 and WW2? Maybe the wrath of Germans weren't felt in Asia so much compared to Japan, but you can see VW group making strides, along with BMW, in all the countries that had their asses kicked by Hitler back then. Genocide anybody?

Let bygones be bygones, live and let live.

Personally, its not that I am not proud of Proton being Malaysian and all. Yes, i daresay Proton cars would have handling among the best in its class & price range, but the main gripe is that, its humiliating at the same time that they needed 20 years to fix the goddamn power window. You can't make a perfectly functioning power window and you want to put a car together?

That's like saying your mechanic can't figure out how to pump petrol for your car and he wants to service it. Doesn't make sense. People don't buy cars because its Malaysian, or because its made by a Muslim country. Protons aren't the best selling car in Middle East. When we buy something, we pay our hard earned money for value.

People buy Toyota because of their perception of value and reliability.
People buy Mercedes because of their perception of comfort and luxury.
People buy Lotus because of their perception of godlike handling.
etc. etc.

People buy Proton because its the biggest car (physically) for the money (Saga), or most bang for buck (Inspira), or only choice in its class below RM70k 2 door hatch (Neo). Why did you buy a Proton?

Because the government is increasing the GST and forcing us to buy local cars and indirectly supporting local cars...:rofl:

No choice, is the most affordable form of transport and needed a car since public transport sucks...so get a saga just as a form of transport

Because the government is increasing the GST and forcing us to buy local cars and indirectly supporting local cars...:rofl:

No choice, is the most affordable form of transport and needed a car since public transport sucks...so get a saga just as a form of transport

Still got cheaper Viva though... But maybe like most of you have said before, Viva's body is not as sturdy and tough compared to Saga.

Still got cheaper Viva though... But maybe like most of you have said before, Viva's body is not as sturdy and tough compared to Saga.

I rather get a kelisa or Myvi :biggrin: Much better stability with its lower ground clearance...Viva felt like aluminum tin....u feel the doors u already hate it....

One very stupid thing about Proton design. Why change the indicator lever to left lah? So that the car feels like a conti car? Stupid idiot moron.

I rather get a kelisa or Myvi :biggrin: Much better stability with its lower ground clearance...Viva felt like aluminum tin....u feel the doors u already hate it....

I fully agree. closing the doors is like comparable to proton kotak. The whole car shakes when the door is shut.....

Top Bottom