How does Proton's Design Department Works?

True. But better keep these goals and aim to own self first because it will be a laughing matter if you can't achieve it at the end.

Yeah no need to tell the whole world, sendiri commit sendiri to achieve it. Even if didnt get it, at least what you get in the end wont be too far from the target u set.

Proton is a good car but then they still need more years to actually improve and show the world that they are also that good.

Dunno if I'm still alive to wait by then :rofl:

Design wise is getting there adi...just give them some time

Yeah no need to tell the whole world, sendiri commit sendiri to achieve it. Even if didnt get it, at least what you get in the end wont be too far from the target u set.

Proton is a good car but then they still need more years to actually improve and show the world that they are also that good.

Dunno if I'm still alive to wait by then :rofl:

Design wise is getting there adi...just give them some time

Still alive but maybe a bit too old to drive and enjoy the car. :biggrin:

But anyway, Proton started in 1985 and it is only 28 years old only. I'm sure that big companies like Toyota, VW, Nissan, Honda, etc are not really that successful as they are now during their first 30 years. In fact, I many japanese car makers started their first car by following closely with european car models.

Still alive but maybe a bit too old to drive and enjoy the car. :biggrin:

But anyway, Proton started in 1985 and it is only 28 years old only. I'm sure that big companies like Toyota, VW, Nissan, Honda, etc are not really that successful as they are now during their first 30 years. In fact, I many japanese car makers started their first car by following closely with european car models.

Kia Motors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I gotta disagree. Can proton compare with Kia now? No.

KIA rolled their cars in 1986. If you see 10 years back, kia cars were shit and had many problems and no second hand value. Now, they are one of the best sellers in multiple countries. Proton?

KIA rolled their cars in 1986. If you see 10 years back, kia cars were shit and had many problems and no second hand value. Now, they are one of the best sellers in multiple countries. Proton?

Come to think of it true also! Maybe because it is under Koreans. Their spirit in getting better is very different than us? Heheh!

Bro, i read the link given..

Kia Motors founded 1944.
Build automotive plant 1973.
Start building cars 1974.
Joined with Ford/Mazda 1986.

1997 declares BANKRUPTCY.
1998 bought by Hyundai.
2005 focus on European market.
And here they are now..

VW is doing a good job at selling but after sales are very bad.
Make a trip to their FB, u will see.

Proton decided to build CamPro instead of taking the engine from Petronas BEFORE.
Now they acquired it, when are they gonna use them?

It's Official: Petronas-Developed Engines To Power Future Proton Cars | LIVE LIFE DRIVE

petronas-e01-engine.jpg

Thanks for the info!

Additional info, will be drop down in Preve/Suprima engine bay.
6-speed Getrag manual for European market..
CVT for Malaysian market...lol.

Go ask Naza for recon unit..

Kia Motors founded 1944.

1998 bought by Hyundai.
And here they are now..

Thanks for the info!

Well, that took Kia quite long and a lot of hardship to reach today's stage.

Kia Motors founded 1944.

1998 bought by Hyundai.
And here they are now...

They go full force on car production in 1986 when they collaborate with others. That's like when proton collaborate with Mitsubishi. They managed to penetrate many countries while proton still need to be protected in their own turf.

They go full force on car production in 1986 when they collaborate with others. That's like when proton collaborate with Mitsubishi. They managed to penetrate many countries while proton still need to be protected in their own turf.

It's a bit difficult for us to compare one on one between a Malaysian company and a Korean company. I'm sure we all know about how our local culture is when it comes to working. You've got to give Proton a bit more time as the working style in Malaysia is a bit 'slower' than many other Asian countries like Japan and Korea... Korea is a developed country while we are still a developing country. If we compare out internet speed with Korea also, our speed is like....... you know...

Kia Motors founded 1944.

1998 bought by Hyundai.
And here they are now..

Thanks for the info!

WTFFF! Are they stupid???
I think Asians like Manual more than Europeans like Manual.
Never mind. Hope they ship to Aussie then we get the manual tranny shipped back.
9ee1cfb8a4fc259d6ead995189273b85f059c4773614283a94553ef7363dffc7.jpg

WTFFF! Are they stupid???
I think Asians like Manual more than Europeans like Manual.
Never mind. Hope they ship to Aussie then we get the manual tranny shipped back.
9ee1cfb8a4fc259d6ead995189273b85f059c4773614283a94553ef7363dffc7.jpg

Not really. Automatic transmission are getting more popular in Asian countries. We're talking about the normal people not the car enthusiast. For europe, even normal folks over there prefer to go for manual instead of auto. You can see that even most VW over there are being sold in manual instead of DSG.

Improve Proton quality? No use la. The mentality amongst common M'sians is that Proton = shit quality. I somewhat agree that Proton shouldn't be shut down, but I think Proton needs to go through a major change in management and how they run the company.

Firstly, remove all supplier lists and have transparent open bidding for new suppliers and only suppliers with proven track records in quality will be allowed to bid. Have random QC checks amongst the suppliers and sack any that slack in quality.

Secondly, sack all upper management and trim the wastage. You don't need a multilayered hierarchy to run the show. Get the upper levels more involved in the development and manufacturing process.

Thirdly, cut all ties with the Govt and run solo. Consider partnerships with big names to enhance and improve the manufacturing processes.

Lastly, sack the designers and rope in all the resources from Lotus to have nicer looking cars, not just their suspension. And rebrand themselves, that logo has to go.

Also, comparing with Kia is a bit unfair. Koreans are diehard supporters of their local products. So much so Samsung even makes cars, houses, makeup and loads of other things only for the local market. Heck, Walmart actually failed to take off in Korea because no one wanted to buy non-Korean stuff. Tesco on the other hand co-op with Samsung or someone and they did pretty well. Redesign Kia to look good and the Koreans will support that brand too. I don't remember the details but Kia hired a pretty established designer to change the looks of their cars and it worked. Mahatir wanted to implement this nationalist mentality in M'sia but no one bothered to give a damn and basically failed.

I don't remember the details but Kia hired a pretty established designer to change the looks of their cars and it worked.

They hired Peter Schreyer, ex. Audi designer. that's why their cars are now european looking. It works, and this fella is doing very well there.

If Proton want to play global, hire a global designer. Get rid of that "wau bulan"-esque design.

Ppl say Proton's designer shiok sendiri.. betul kah? :listen:

They hired Peter Schreyer, ex. Audi designer. that's why their cars are now european looking. It works, and this fella is doing very well there.

If Proton want to play global, hire a global designer. Get rid of that "wau bulan"-esque design.

Not only syok sendiri, it's jaguh kampong! :biggrin:

It's a bit difficult for us to compare one on one between a Malaysian company and a Korean company. I'm sure we all know about how our local culture is when it comes to working. You've got to give Proton a bit more time as the working style in Malaysia is a bit 'slower' than many other Asian countries like Japan and Korea... Korea is a developed country while we are still a developing country. If we compare out internet speed with Korea also, our speed is like....... you know...

Is true, but we are not a bit slower, but usually too slow if compare to others. In terms of technology and etcs....only things fast in Malaysia is inflation...:rofl:

Improve Proton quality? No use la. The mentality amongst common M'sians is that Proton = shit quality. I somewhat agree that Proton shouldn't be shut down, but I think Proton needs to go through a major change in management and how they run the company.

Firstly, remove all supplier lists and have transparent open bidding for new suppliers and only suppliers with proven track records in quality will be allowed to bid. Have random QC checks amongst the suppliers and sack any that slack in quality.

Secondly, sack all upper management and trim the wastage. You don't need a multilayered hierarchy to run the show. Get the upper levels more involved in the development and manufacturing process.

Thirdly, cut all ties with the Govt and run solo. Consider partnerships with big names to enhance and improve the manufacturing processes.

Lastly, sack the designers and rope in all the resources from Lotus to have nicer looking cars, not just their suspension. And rebrand themselves, that logo has to go.

Also, comparing with Kia is a bit unfair. Koreans are diehard supporters of their local products. So much so Samsung even makes cars, houses, makeup and loads of other things only for the local market. Heck, Walmart actually failed to take off in Korea because no one wanted to buy non-Korean stuff. Tesco on the other hand co-op with Samsung or someone and they did pretty well. Redesign Kia to look good and the Koreans will support that brand too. I don't remember the details but Kia hired a pretty established designer to change the looks of their cars and it worked. Mahatir wanted to implement this nationalist mentality in M'sia but no one bothered to give a damn and basically failed.

To get Proton to run solo without the G support is kinda hard don't you think so? I mean there is surely a reason why they supported proton besides it is local product and country impression...until date with G support still can't improve much? Something is not right...as usual u know I know la...

Too many hidden things behind most things. Get rid of those cronies and etcs. A total sweep to change all designers would be a good start as well. But the thing that worry us local people about proton is their build quality. Don't use consumers as guinea pig to test your first batch of new cars but making sure themselves by testing and totally check if it is good enough to release into the market to us buyers.

That would soon change our impression against proton. Which is why many said, 1st batch proton ar? Wait for others to buy 1st lo...see if there are any negative feedbacks after few years then only we buy. :banghead:

Can't blame Malaysians to have such mindset towards proton when they are using consumers as guinea pigs. Just can hope for the best to happen for proton. Is really plonk in that petronas engine...that would make lots of difference for sure. But quality is always the main issue in proton cars. Hope they could do something to give consumers the confidence in them.

Actually Proton is just a small step away from success -- if they could work out some fantastic designs on their cars. Squeaking noise? Doesn't matter. Lack of engine choices? The current 1.3L and 1.6L are enough to make Proton afloat, and they have gotten help from the snail some more. To start with, some of the top people up there need to be fired and let Izso be the Carlos Ghosn of Proton, then everything will start to fall in its proper place.

Actually Proton is just a small step away from success -- if they could work out some fantastic designs on their cars. Squeaking noise? Doesn't matter. Lack of engine choices? The current 1.3L and 1.6L are enough to make Proton afloat, and they have gotten help from the snail some more. To start with, some of the top people up there need to be fired and let Izso be the Carlos Ghosn of Proton, then everything will start to fall in its proper place.

TRUE. We need Carlos Ghosn of Malaysia.
And yeah, I like how CamPro behaves actually.

Most of our locals will usually get imported stuff over local if they have the opportunity and money. I don't know why but most Malaysians including me are heavily influenced by foreign products. BTW, the guy they hired is Peter Schreyer who also designed the older Audi TT and VW New Beetle. Well, you can say that now the Korean cars are not really representing their own work/culture as it is designed by a German but still you can't deny that by doing so, they are getting profit. And profit is the main reason for most of the existence of business out there.

Is true, but we are not a bit slower, but usually too slow if compare to others. In terms of technology and etcs....only things fast in Malaysia is inflation...:rofl:

To get Proton to run solo without the G support is kinda hard don't you think so? I mean there is surely a reason why they supported proton besides it is local product and country impression...until date with G support still can't improve much? Something is not right...as usual u know I know la...

Too many hidden things behind most things. Get rid of those cronies and etcs. A total sweep to change all designers would be a good start as well. But the thing that worry us local people about proton is their build quality. Don't use consumers as guinea pig to test your first batch of new cars but making sure themselves by testing and totally check if it is good enough to release into the market to us buyers.

That would soon change our impression against proton. Which is why many said, 1st batch proton ar? Wait for others to buy 1st lo...see if there are any negative feedbacks after few years then only we buy. :banghead:

Can't blame Malaysians to have such mindset towards proton when they are using consumers as guinea pigs. Just can hope for the best to happen for proton. Is really plonk in that petronas engine...that would make lots of difference for sure. But quality is always the main issue in proton cars. Hope they could do something to give consumers the confidence in them.

About this slow thing, we can't point our fingers as we ourselves is part of the slow culture as well. Perhaps a revamp in the education system to change the local mentality might work but it will be very difficult as these habits are passed down from generation to generation.

Regarding G support in Proton, I don't think that can be stopped as well as you know, those cronies are making quite a lot of money from there and they won't just cut away one of their source of income just for the sake of our national pride and the benefit of our locals. When people have a taste of power, money and authority it is difficult for them to put it away.

About the change of designers, I think that is a good idea as we can see that many Malaysians are suckers for good looks which is why you see many of them buying recent new Korean cars even though before this, Korean cars are branded negatively by a lot of people. So if Proton comes up with a very good design with reasonable pricing, I think many Malaysians will buy the car just for the looks alone.

Iszo will be happy to hear this. :biggrin:

This is the Qoros 3, the FIRST model, that will be manufactured by a NEW car company that is 0 years old. Euro NCAP 5 stars. They are going for the Europe market, around €16,000 or $21,000 USD. In MYR its RM66k no including excise duty and sales. ASEAN has signed free trade agreement with China, so no import tax.

So yeah, looking at things to come, will Proton continue to design rubbish? I am sure you can easily get STUDENTS at Lim Kok Wing University to design better looking cars.

attachment.php

Attachments

• QOROS3Sedan-4819_25.jpg
    QOROS3Sedan-4819_25.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 348

He's currently 1 of the 3 presidents in the company.

Actually Proton can improve if they humble themselves down and hire some really good designers and engineers from other car company.

From my point of view, our culture here is really slow to be honest....everywhere I see people also 1 step slower one in doing in their job, daily live....our country is too comfortable....and the people don't feel a single pinch to move faster.....

There's also a very sad culture we have here, we treat our job as just a job....a 9 to 5 job just to earn monthly salary, most does not have passion towards their job or even love their job....Do just for the sake of being told to do and most just have the thinking of why go the extra mile? and does not really care about the growth of the company, company close nevermind la...go to another company, most people do not think their job as a career....that's why a company can only grow and perform well if theyyou have a group of dedicated, passionate people that love their job from top to bottom.....You can clearly see those Japs, Americans, they are very dedicated to what they do even if just being an employee......

He's currently 1 of the 3 presidents in the company.

Actually Proton can improve if they humble themselves down and hire some really good designers and engineers from other car company.

From my point of view, our culture here is really slow to be honest....everywhere I see people also 1 step slower one in doing in their job, daily live....our country is too comfortable....and the people don't feel a single pinch to move faster.....

There's also a very sad culture we have here, we treat our job as just a job....a 9 to 5 job just to earn monthly salary, most does not have passion towards their job or even love their job....Do just for the sake of being told to do and most just have the thinking of why go the extra mile? and does not really care about the growth of the company, company close nevermind la...go to another company, most people do not think their job as a career....that's why a company can only grow and perform well if theyyou have a group of dedicated, passionate people that love their job from top to bottom.....You can clearly see those Japs, Americans, they are very dedicated to what they do even if just being an employee......

Or probably the employers treat the employees better on other countries? I think if you treat the employees well, that should motivate them to work harder.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom