Road tax renewal

SiL88

Oct 1, 2012
Selangor
Hello, does anyone have information about changing geran?
Yesterday I went to post office to renew my roadtax, but because of the roadtax renewal space was full (at the back of the geran letter) so the post office guy said I cant renew it in post office, I have to go to jpj to change to new geran letter, my question is what is the process of changing the geran? What should I prepare and how much it will cost me? Does anyone experienced this before?

Really appreciate your help,
Thanks before

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
i think it's free.
i did this before, within 5 minutes they finish printing the new geran.

jus bring ur old geran

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
i think it's free.
i did this before, within 5 minutes they finish printing the new geran.

jus bring ur old geran
Correct...

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Hello, does anyone have information about changing geran?
Yesterday I went to post office to renew my roadtax, but because of the roadtax renewal space was full (at the back of the geran letter) so the post office guy said I cant renew it in post office, I have to go to jpj to change to new geran letter, my question is what is the process of changing the geran? What should I prepare and how much it will cost me? Does anyone experienced this before?

Really appreciate your help,
Thanks before
correct jpj is free but guarantee q is gonng:banghead:
@ u can just doit online wit myeg no hassle no need to q

SiL88

Oct 1, 2012
Selangor
thanks for the information, i'll try to use myeg first, otherwise i have to go to jpj office :driver:

btw i've been trying to login to myeg but always failed, they said the username was invalid, my wife also cannot login with her account, dunno why :banghead:

Last edited:

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
thanks for the information, i'll try to use myeg first, otherwise i have to go to jpj office :driver:

btw i've been trying to login to myeg but always failed, they said the username was invalid, my wife also cannot login with her account, dunno why :banghead:
hmmm, have u checked wether there is confirmation email @ maybe u r not logged in for sumtime, ur username r deleted from the system, y dont u try to re reg using same email

SiL88

Oct 1, 2012
Selangor
Finally i can login :rofl:, btw is the delivery on time?
i think i cant go through myeg, it said that there is no valid insurance for my car, on the insurance letter i still got 5 month, the name is Malaysian Motor Insurance Pool (Formerly known as High Risk Motor Insurance Pool), does anyone know this insurance company?

Last edited:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Finally i can login :rofl:, btw is the delivery on time?
i think i cant go through myeg, it said that there is no valid insurance for my car, on the insurance letter i still got 5 month, the name is Malaysian Motor Insurance Pool (Formerly known as High Risk Motor Insurance Pool), does anyone know this insurance company?
The reason you cannot renew is because your roadtax period exceeds your insurance coverage. ;)

MMIP is "shared" by all insurers to cover cars which are declined risk.

If I remember correctly, if you apply before 12pm on a business day, they could come by in the evening (it helps if your within KL ofcourse). That is what I practiced when renewing thru myeg.

SiL88

Oct 1, 2012
Selangor
so in my case i guess the only way is going to jpj office right?
is there any jpj office specifically i should i go to solve my problem? or i just can go to any jpj office?
i lice in puchong area btw

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I did mine in JPJ Petaling Jaya in State New Town. Actually my wife did it. Just give them the old Geran and they will print a new one for you.
As for the insurance, try buying one year plus the period balance to cover the next full year road tax, means up to road tax date, so that you will not have insurance/road tax problem in future....

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
so in my case i guess the only way is going to jpj office right?
is there any jpj office specifically i should i go to solve my problem? or i just can go to any jpj office?
i lice in puchong area btw
You may extended your insurance so it matches with your roadtax expiry for the next period. Ask ur insurer/agent about this.

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
tumpang your thread bro, will them check on parking fine that given out by Majlis Perbandaran?

need to clear all saman before renew?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience