Road Tax Renewal @ MyEG

cvkit17

Mar 20, 2012
My road tax is expiring very soon. So I went to MyEG Kepong Village to renew it since I was around there this afternoon. To my disgust, they wanted to charge me RM30 service fee and I was like, wtf so expensive??? I asked the counter girl if this expensive service charge is a norm and she said yes all these while it is RM30. If renew at post office its only RM2. I went to MyEG because I have not get my geran yet since it is a new car.

So I went home, logged in MYEG, and paid RM98.75 for the whole renewal. RM90 road tax, RM6 postage and delivery fee, RM2.75 service charge. RM30 service charge? Yeah..kiss my ass !

So I would like to know the answer to my question to the counter girl mentioned above. If renew roadtax at MyEG kiosk, is the RM30 service charge a norm? I renew from the website only RM8.75 including delivery. Dat's service charge.

maybe the extra rm30 is for her to "service" u? :hmmmm::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

anyways i always renew my roadtax via MyEG they only charge me extra rm10 that is for delivery charges, its fine for me.

twistedichc

Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
My road tax is expiring very soon. So I went to MyEG Kepong Village to renew it since I was around there this afternoon. To my disgust, they wanted to charge me RM30 service fee and I was like, wtf so expensive??? I asked the counter girl if this expensive service charge is a norm and she said yes all these while it is RM30. If renew at post office its only RM2. I went to MyEG because I have not get my geran yet since it is a new car.

So I went home, logged in MYEG, and paid RM98.75 for the whole renewal. RM90 road tax, RM6 postage and delivery fee, RM2.75 service charge. RM30 service charge? Yeah..kiss my ass !

So I would like to know the answer to my question to the counter girl mentioned above. If renew roadtax at MyEG kiosk, is the RM30 service charge a norm? I renew from the website only RM8.75 including delivery. Dat's service charge.
the way i look at it is that they charge u labour,electricity,internet,printing,rental,service charge & profit for RM30. for most lazy people ok la RM30 once a year but in the end we consumer decide worth it @ not. as for me have no choice coz too lazy to log in e-bank, than myeg than going 2 insurance agent than pay parking & so on, so RM50 from a to z just wait @ the office for them to hand over everything once a year is ok la

cvkit17

Mar 20, 2012
maybe the extra rm30 is for her to "service" u? :hmmmm::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

anyways i always renew my roadtax via MyEG they only charge me extra rm10 that is for delivery charges, its fine for me.
lol i wouldnt want that. Doesnt seem attractive at all :thefinger::rofl:

the way i look at it is that they charge u labour,electricity,internet,printing,rental,service charge & profit for RM30. for most lazy people ok la RM30 once a year but in the end we consumer decide worth it @ not. as for me have no choice coz too lazy to log in e-bank, than myeg than going 2 insurance agent than pay parking & so on, so RM50 from a to z just wait @ the office for them to hand over everything once a year is ok la
You mean you pay RM50 for a runner to do it for u?

twistedichc

Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
lol i wouldnt want that. Doesnt seem attractive at all :thefinger::rofl:

You mean you pay RM50 for a runner to do it for u?
it does not stated but looked @ figures on those papers it looks like it but it's still on my budget but for this year need to reduce so gonna ask around people @ my flat who can do it maybe can get cheaper

cvkit17

Mar 20, 2012
it does not stated but looked @ figures on those papers it looks like it but it's still on my budget but for this year need to reduce so gonna ask around people @ my flat who can do it maybe can get cheaper
I see I see...but better ask around...coz to me RM50 is a big amount haha. Imagine how many chicken rice lunch I can buy with RM50...

kcng

Jun 24, 2008
kcng1983.blogspot.com
i use MyEG to renew my roadtax and driving license before..

depending on how fast i want it to be delivered to me, i pay postage fees ranging from RM 6-10.. plus some RM 1-2 service or something...

RM 30 service charge?
LOL
ask them go jump from 14th floor....

HAHAHAA

I see I see...but better ask around...coz to me RM50 is a big amount haha. Imagine how many chicken rice lunch I can buy with RM50...
For me, all done on my own, by way of post office. Insurance just telephone Insurance company and they will call back to tell me can renew already. Policy mail to me. Pay at Post office extra RM2 only.

RM50 service charge is very high for you, because your road tax only RM90...wow!
If payment like RM3000 road tax then worth paying RM50 service charge.....:biggrin:

cvkit17

Mar 20, 2012
For me, all done on my own, by way of post office. Insurance just telephone Insurance company and they will call back to tell me can renew already. Policy mail to me. Pay at Post office extra RM2 only.

RM50 service charge is very high for you, because your road tax only RM90...wow!
If payment like RM3000 road tax then worth paying RM50 service charge.....:biggrin:
I wanted to renew at the post office but I dont have my geran on hand since it is a new car. The bank is still holding it. Thus I gotta resort to MYEG, thinking that it would be easier and charging the same as post office...who knew that bugger wana charge me RM30 for service fee :mad::mad::mad::thefinger:

if im driving a 3.5L car road tax more than 4k plus...RM50 is still a big amount to me :bawling:

I wanted to renew at the post office but I dont have my geran on hand since it is a new car. The bank is still holding it. Thus I gotta resort to MYEG, thinking that it would be easier and charging the same as post office...who knew that bugger wana charge me RM30 for service fee :mad::mad::mad::thefinger:

if im driving a 3.5L car road tax more than 4k plus...RM50 is still a big amount to me :bawling:
I thought the bank only put an ownership claim on the geran, but geran can be kept by owner. After loan have been settle they will give a release letter or something.....:confused:

I renew RT via my the dealership which I bought my new car. They also only charge me rm10 fee!
Btw if say you got speeding summon but not yet blacklisted, then if you pay thru myeg, will it ignore the summons or you need to also pay those?

cvkit17

Mar 20, 2012
I thought the bank only put an ownership claim on the geran, but geran can be kept by owner. After loan have been settle they will give a release letter or something.....:confused:
Erm they will hold the Geran for a year to see if your repayment is good. After that then they will send it back to me. What I have now is a photostated copy.

I renew RT via my the dealership which I bought my new car. They also only charge me rm10 fee!
Btw if say you got speeding summon but not yet blacklisted, then if you pay thru myeg, will it ignore the summons or you need to also pay those?
Not sure lol...coz I damn long time no Kena police tickets already haha..since before MYEG was popped up.

I hate paying exhorbitant service fees. For a DIY-er anything more than RM2 is exhorbitant.

I took my car reg card from the bank sometime ago when I told them I wanted to renew roadtax. I just never returned it back. There's no need to return it back unless you're planning some sort of coup and run away with the car and not pay your loan.

Insurance is sorted via phone - Etiqa and Tokio Marine are awesome companies and have great service. They call me a month or two every year to renew and I pay via credit card.

Then I take my own time to leisurely to go post offices to renew the roadtax. I live near one, work near one and have access to another one at my favorite shopping complex.

So I would never pay the sonnovabitches RM30 to do something I pay the Post Office RM2 to do. Incidentally I had to pay RM2 for a stupid AES summons service fee. Fark.

I hate paying exhorbitant service fees. For a DIY-er anything more than RM2 is exhorbitant.

I took my car reg card from the bank sometime ago when I told them I wanted to renew roadtax. I just never returned it back. There's no need to return it back unless you're planning some sort of coup and run away with the car and not pay your loan.

Insurance is sorted via phone - Etiqa and Tokio Marine are awesome companies and have great service. They call me a month or two every year to renew and I pay via credit card.

Then I take my own time to leisurely to go post offices to renew the roadtax. I live near one, work near one and have access to another one at my favorite shopping complex.

So I would never pay the sonnovabitches RM30 to do something I pay the Post Office RM2 to do. Incidentally I had to pay RM2 for a stupid AES summons service fee. Fark.
Exactly, last time I also ask for the Reg card to renew road tax, they ask to return when done, but I returmn to them only when finish paying my loan and ask for release letter....ha! ha!

twistedichc

Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
it's true ownership is on bank, but nowadays the bank did not give to hold it unless u request for it, anyway u can request them to fax a copy for u to keep though, i also did not keep a copy untill my car had an accident only then i know how things work, so for 7 years i've been paying RM50 for service charge:banghead:

Last year I had the opportunity to detail this church van, as prepared her to transport VIPs, but a year later.... but the interior need to be detail….. exterior still looks great ..thanks to the Transportation team

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2009/08/polishing-van.html

Reason being heavily used for transportation & so huge to look after....

Reason being fequently used & so large to care for...i have fequents...