Why doesnt malaysia import the nissan maxima?

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
2012 Nissan Maxima: 4 Door Sports Car | Nissan USA

Well some call the old cefiro's (a31-a33)as maxima, some says their altimas..well I'm really confuse and always wondered why did they rename it? I always wonder why many other car industries in malaysia do not offer many other cars like Singapore does? Is it because of the roadtax or low demand of this cars?

In my case is this nissan maxima, it's famous in usa. Quite powerful, 290HP for a 3.5NA, sadly its on a cvt. But in my opinion, for those who are going for a teana 3.5, i would rather go for this.
With our 200% tax I guess it should still be below RM200K, only bad thing would be its high roadtax.

So anyways, back to my question, why don't we have more variety like Singapore has to offer without having to import the cars through another dealer?
sorry for the "noob" questions, just trying to clear this doubt.

haywiress

Known Member
May 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Its due to not suitable for our pavements as well. Last year I asked for new Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8l V6 which is not available in the market & the nearest on sale is at Philippines. Sure the JPJ wouldn't approve it too. I guess direct buys from the states & bringing it to here? :confused:

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
One of the reason the governments cant work outs the others figured for them,tats y they will always bring those so called "Cheap Skate and half full accesories in M'sia..Some will juz keep complaining and get (((Shocked)) and keep asking alot of "Y"..
If u ask,"Y M'sians cant bring in Cars like Singapore"?is bcoz M'sia still cant get to get the Tail yet...

:rolleyes:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
US car mostly meant for local market. Very rare can have exported due to the country to country trading agreement, except small amount of exotic model. If you want, you can go to Naza World or some other grey importer and ask them to get you 1. Left hand drive.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
why? Partly practical reasons....

Partly, political reasons...."ahem"...
Bolehland mar....