What Car ? Why ?

waren1494

Oct 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello everybody , im fairly new to this website although i have heard about it quite a number of times , my elder brother war a car freak back in the days. So i was guessing maybe you guys/girls can help me with making a decision. i just finished my acca and im 23 , as you people know an auditor's life isn't all that very exciting hehe : ) . So to spice it up at little and also get a little attention from the ladies ;) i want a good tuner car. What i had in mind was a gtr r34 , silvia s15 , mazda rx-7 , toyota supra , mitsubishi evo 8 or 9 and a subaru s204. Hmm , these are all the cars that i really love but i can't make any decision until i get the idea of what it's like owning one of these cars. Which car would you take and why would you take that car , based on maintaining it and also the satisfaction of driving the car.

i cant pin point what i really like , i have never driven any of these cars before. what i feel is based on what i've watched and heard. PLEASE HELP ! and yeah the budget is around 140k Cheers !

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I never driven any of these cars but since your question asked which car would you take and why, so I'll give my answer for it.
I'll take the Impreza WRX STI S204. Reason?
For me, I like 4WD cars so I'll take that over the rest. BNR34 and CT9A Evo 8/9 are both 4WD as well but I go for Impreza for the boxer sound. Stock VS stock, Evo and WRX STI will win over BNR34 in acceleration due to weight advantages in both rally cars. BNR34 had more potential to go for very high horsepower mods compared to Evo and STI. But don't forget, doing so much of modifications requires a lot of money as well. Still, that doesn't mean BNR34 is a bad car. It is just that if you are not planning to extensively modify it, it would not really perform that much better than Evo or STI. Besides, the maintenance for BNR34 is more expensive than Evo and STI.

For the 3 remaining cars which is S15 Silvia, FD3S RX-7 and JZA80 Supra (I assume you are referring to FD3S and JZA80 since that is the most famous model when people mention about RX-7 and Supra), the 3 of them are quite similarly priced at the used car market.

S15 Silvia should be the cheapest one to maintain compared to FD3S and JZA80. The 2.0 SR20DET engine won't be able to match then engine of 13B-REW and 2JZ-GTE of course. The S15 is more of a drift car, so if you like drifting, S15 is a good car to start with.
FD3S RX-7 is a good car but as many have mentioned before in this forum, rotary engines requires a lot of extra care compared to other types of engines. However, FD3S is also known for it's very good handling.
JZA80 Supra is the legendary monster of Toyota. It's powerful 2JZ-GTE is strong and capable of going over 1000hp if it is modded. It is a powerful and fast car but the maintenance would surely be expensive compared to S15 Silvia. I'm not too sure about the comparison with FD3S though. The road tax and fuel consumption won't be cheap as well due to it being a 3000cc car.

Both FD3S RX-7 and JZA80 Supra are rather old cars since they are first released in around year 1992. S15 is released on 1999. BNR34 is also on 1999. CT9A Evo 8 is released on 2003 while Evo 9 is on 2006. GDB Impreza WRX STI S204 is released on 2005. So, finding a good condition FD3S and JZA80 might be harder due to their age. For BNR34 and S15, you still can find those in good condition if you are lucky. For CT9A Evo 8/9 and WRX STI S204, you still can get recond units for them since they are still not that old. Finding a good condition used Evo or WRX STI is also easier than other cars from the list because both of them are the newest among the list.

This is all my opinion about the list you mentioned above. If I made any mistakes in my facts and words, then I apologize for it first. Just my 2 cents.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
23 and looking to buying a nice car?

Dude. Don't make the mistake most young and stupid guys make. Spend RM11k to get yourself a Corolla (they last forever and are cheap to maintain) and spend RM130k on a house/condo/apartment.

Housing isn't cheap these days and at your age you're probably checking out chicks. A nice house, not sharing with family, and a reasonable car to go around in, you'll have the chickas in the palm of your hands. :biggrin:

Then later perhaps once you hit 28, you'll have made it big in the corporate world and have 10 times the salary you started off with, then you can afford that sportscar or something cash.

But if you insist on buying one of those cars, I highly recommend EvoZ's R34. Matt black, well maintained and it's a GTR. Doesn't get better than that.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
All I can say, if u earn RM10K or more a month u can go for it. If not, forget it until u earn more than 5 figure a month.
Buying is 1 thing, having the budget or extra cash to maintain is another story.

Take petrol into consideration is adi good enough.
Daily normal car to work, petrol I give rough figure around RM500+-. Say Toyota Altis.

If you plan to use performance cars like that as daily car, petrol is gonna be more than that.

In another thread of another guy asking about buying a GTR, johnsonlam adi replied that his EVO X he drives
daily a month at least RM1200 for petrol. Can u afford such expenses? If no, forget it.

Having dreams is good, but don't rush over it without any planning or research. Just work something out to own it one day.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
23 and looking to buying a nice car?

Dude. Don't make the mistake most young and stupid guys make. Spend RM11k to get yourself a Corolla (they last forever and are cheap to maintain) and spend RM130k on a house/condo/apartment.

Housing isn't cheap these days and at your age you're probably checking out chicks. A nice house, not sharing with family, and a reasonable car to go around in, you'll have the chickas in the palm of your hands. :biggrin:

Then later perhaps once you hit 28, you'll have made it big in the corporate world and have 10 times the salary you started off with, then you can afford that sportscar or something cash.

But if you insist on buying one of those cars, I highly recommend EvoZ's R34. Matt black, well maintained and it's a GTR. Doesn't get better than that.
All I can say, if u earn RM10K or more a month u can go for it. If not, forget it until u earn more than 5 figure a month.
Buying is 1 thing, having the budget or extra cash to maintain is another story.

Take petrol into consideration is adi good enough.
Daily normal car to work, petrol I give rough figure around RM500+-. Say Toyota Altis.

If you plan to use performance cars like that as daily car, petrol is gonna be more than that.

In another thread of another guy asking about buying a GTR, johnsonlam adi replied that his EVO X he drives
daily a month at least RM1200 for petrol. Can u afford such expenses? If no, forget it.

Having dreams is good, but don't rush over it without any planning or research. Just work something out to own it one day.
Just a question, if let's say that I am 23-26 years old and I wanted to buy some budget performance car like EG,EK Civic, A31 Cefiro, AE110/AE111 Corolla, 4G63T Satria/Perdana/Putra. Is that not wise as well? If I really bought those, I would not use them as a daily car.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Auditor's life may be nothing spicy but the moolahs you're earning is nothing short of woohoo! Imagine the bonus. Yes, Go for the Matte Black GTR34, its a v-spec right? 138k. We all know how its been maintained.

The sound from a straight six from a R34 or a Supra is orgasmic. 4 bangers won't get that. That's why

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just a question, if let's say that I am 23-26 years old and I wanted to buy some budget performance car like EG,EK Civic, A31 Cefiro, AE110/AE111 Corolla, 4G63T Satria/Perdana/Putra. Is that not wise as well? If I really bought those, I would not use them as a daily car.
Not the age bro, is how much u earn a month. Is not really wise or unwise, that's why
it depends on your current commitment that you have and your daily expenses, whether you have
enough to cover for Car Service (maintenance) petrol and etcs.

A guy once advised me before that I have to keep at least RM300 every month. For emergency
for our cars. Is a better and safer way to maintain a car. Whether or not u need to use
the car. So RM300 is an extra that you have to keep.

Just need to research on a car you plan to buy and how much needed to maintain.

Let's say RM3K salary a month. Single.

After minus EPF, around RM2700

RM500+- = PETROL
RM600 = CAR LOAN a Month
RM1000 = FOOD (1 week RM250 expenses for food) (RM35 a day average)

RM600 left. Save for house maybe? (Not yet give parents money yet)
Car service maybe every 3 months once. RM400 - RM700 once. Normal - Major Service.
(Depending on car type) :biggrin:

Cefiro is a no no for sure. You are gonna pay for petrol more than anything else.

AE101 and AE111 should be fine. Around RM20K - RM30K car. Like my kelisa 5 years loan RM500 a month.

Bought RM24,800, downpayment RM6K if not wrong. Suppose to be RM4K but dunno what bank thing need extra RM2K downpayment only approve.

To be safe, go for new car. Not much things to worry for 3 years at least. If lucky is 5 years no problem or hassle with the car.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So to spice it up at little and also get a little attention from the ladies ;) i want a good tuner car.
Forget about the rice burners, most bimbos can't differentiate a Proton from an Evo X.
RM140k budget? a second hand Porsche [strike]Cockster[/strike] Boxster 986.

It will be faster than most of the cars driven by people of your age, and best of all, a Porsche [strike]Cockster[/strike] Boxster is meant to be driven slow, so people can see your smirking face at the wheel of the Porsche, especially with the top down.

Trust me this car will get you girls faster than you can take off your pants.
Ignore all the nay sayers, they are just old, poor, and bitter. Buy the Porsche and live your dreams! Who needs property when you can rent! Right?

If got losers say you buy 2nd hand car, or buy old car, you just tell them: There are no old Porsches, only classic Porsches. Lu ada tarak?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not the age bro, is how much u earn a month. Is not really wise or unwise, that's why
it depends on your current commitment that you have and your daily expenses, whether you have
enough to cover for Car Service (maintenance) petrol and etcs.

A guy once advised me before that I have to keep at least RM300 every month. For emergency
for our cars. Is a better and safer way to maintain a car. Whether or not u need to use
the car. So RM300 is an extra that you have to keep.

Just need to research on a car you plan to buy and how much needed to maintain.

Let's say RM3K salary a month. Single.

Car service maybe every 3 months once. RM400 - RM700 once. Normal - Major Service.
(Depending on car type) :biggrin:

Cefiro is a no no for sure. You are gonna pay for petrol more than anything else.

AE101 and AE111 should be fine. Around RM20K - RM30K car. Like my kelisa 5 years loan RM500 a month.

Bought RM24,800, downpayment RM6K if not wrong. Suppose to be RM4K but dunno what bank thing need extra RM2K downpayment only approve.

To be safe, go for new car. Not much things to worry for 3 years at least. If lucky is 5 years no problem or hassle with the car.

Hmm, I get what you mean. Thanks for the explanation. What I'm planning is, I'll go for a new car (a cheap and fuel efficient one) as a daily car. Then, I'll start saving for the 2nd car. I know this won't be easy but I think in the long run, it is better this way than using the performance car as a daily ride due to fuel consumption and maintenance reasons. Like what johnsonlam had mentioned in another thread, his daily driven Evo X cost him RM1200 for petrol only. In long term, the cost of the petrol bill is probably enough to buy a cheap car already.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello everybody , im fairly new to this website although i have heard about it quite a number of times , my elder brother war a car freak back in the days. So i was guessing maybe you guys/girls can help me with making a decision. i just finished my acca and im 23 , as you people know an auditor's life isn't all that very exciting hehe : ) . So to spice it up at little and also get a little attention from the ladies ;) i want a good tuner car. What i had in mind was a gtr r34 , silvia s15 , mazda rx-7 , toyota supra , mitsubishi evo 8 or 9 and a subaru s204. Hmm , these are all the cars that i really love but i can't make any decision until i get the idea of what it's like owning one of these cars. Which car would you take and why would you take that car , based on maintaining it and also the satisfaction of driving the car.

i cant pin point what i really like , i have never driven any of these cars before. what i feel is based on what i've watched and heard. PLEASE HELP ! and yeah the budget is around 140k Cheers !
Cannnn, cannn, 140k can buy you all sorts of cars, that are more than years old.
Problem is your monthly salary. How much are u earning?
And also to get girl's attention? Dress decently, hardworking, polite, can already.
I'm driving Persona only also can get 'attention'.

waren1494

Oct 15, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks you so much Renesis , your answer has already helped me : )

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Thank you all so so much , i will take each and every one's advice but im not going for the porsche , im not a porsche guy. I will buy a car that's easy to maintain first and then wait for the right moment to get a sports car. Once again , thank you for the advice. Have a great day.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What car? Evo IX.
Why? No other car in the world in the same price range or cheaper can beat it, plus it offers the practicality of a 4 door sedan.

But I fully agree with the advices above, how much can you earn? Better focus more on your career to get as much money as you can and save to buy property/house first before thinking on something extravagant like high performance cars. Of course if you can earn >12k/mth and have not much other commitments, then just go ahead.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
What car? Evo IX.
Why? No other car in the world in the same price range or cheaper can beat it, plus it offers the practicality of a 4 door sedan.

But I fully agree with the advices above, how much can you earn? Better focus more on your career to get as much money as you can and save to buy property/house first before thinking on something extravagant like high performance cars. Of course if you can earn >12k/mth and have not much other commitments, then just go ahead.
4 door sedan is really damn good. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye guys
now im using basic alarm from proton n mazda
for sure i dont think its enough since i really love my cars
now i want to find some alarm system that can b trusted to look after my car
so,from ur xperience
what kind or brand that u guys think is the best alarm money can buy?
maybe there is any suggestion
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience