Why Recon car salesman so pushy??

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
Hi,

Im just curious, based on my recent and previous experience, I noticed these seemingly nice sales man will end up screwing up their sales by being pushy; in my case at least la. Does it really work in securing sales being so pushy?? whats their intention?? to makan deposit when people change their mind??

I recently decide to look for a ride since I got a nice number plate. I thought times have change and car sales man would be more professional and more refine. In all 3 place I went, I notice the sales people will force u to sign asap in order to get good deal and the deal is for that day only. Wtf I'm an idiot or what? Why cant get the same offer next week if the car is not sold yet? They always say; " Ok sir, this is the best offer. I will offer you rm XXX if u can confirm now. The deal only for now special for you. Year end already." Then I will say " offer sounds ok but I want to think first and maybe look around". Then he will go on " What u want to think some more?? Price very good already. Ok tell what u not satisfied.....etc etc.." when i insist to think over and will get back to them, they will keep calling non stop. Where on earth they learn this rubbish sales strategy?

At the end of the day they make u feel ur the one on their mercy and u owe them a favour and its ur fault the sales turn sour. Its damm wierd la their sales strategy. Where did they pick up this habit from? People like me would run away.Even if got interest in the begining, all will disappear.

Luckilly for me, I dont fall for this as Im not the desperate one.

Hope some some sifu can share their experience here and how to handle these funny salesman.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
they are desperate for commissions i guess.....by offering low price for that period itself is just a gimmick
if u come 1 week later the deal will still be valid.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Calling you to follow up will be normal in sales, but saying is the last day of promotion, I guess is just an attraction to catch ur attention.
Unless there is a banner stating the period of the promotion they offer. Still, end of the day up to u to judge whether to trust or not to.

No need to get frustrated, end of the day is your decision. Just how we look at it. Just think on the bright side of their actions
instead. I went to purchase a 2nd hand car previously, they say this and that also. Car no problem la this and that, still didnt bother
what he says, promise me this and that which I think is all bullshits. So, did a thorough check myself.

So, what the salesman say, end of the day really depends on whether we will take their word for it la..usually I just ignore what
I dont think is the truth :smile:

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
Agree with u guys. These sales man always try to rush u on the spot and make people commit a deposit. I believe they make money also on peoples deposit where after few days reality hits the buyer that the deal was bad and decided to cancel the sales, deposit burn.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I've encountered 1 uncle...at MRR2 used car auto city. I spotted a car dat I'm looking for and i find it quite suitable. So I walked around the car and inspect its outside. That uncle, just sit there and see its hp with the 4D results. Dat's fine, as I dowana ppl to disturb at that time. After finding the car is pretty decent, I requested to view the inside and it's engine bay. At first the uncle is reluctant to get the key. He said "This car no problem one..we dont take problem cars..if u r interested, pay a deposit and I can let you test drive and quote a nice price for you" ... I was like, wtf? Cant I view inside? So I told him nicely that no matter how I still need to see its inside coz I cant just buy without seeing.

Then lazily he took the key and unlocked the car door. Inside is quite ok. So I asked bout price. What is the best price so I can know my budget. He told me to put deposit first to show my honesty then he'll fight for the price from his boss. Wtf no.2!! I straight away asked him that if I put deposit then get a crappy price then how? He replied that it wont happen.

I just walked away.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Haha! I bought my 2nd hand car at Batu Caves area also along MRR2 la...

I did go to the MRR2 side to view the cars...and even Selayang Auto City. Some not too bad. But as usual, I ask, can test drive?
Most say can, u pay deposit 1st la, then if test drive if car got problem, we will try to fix for u and if really cant fix, we will give back
your deposit....

I'm was like, I'm not a nut and I know all your tactics...once give u deposit i can never get it back since u said will try to fix for me.
These are just ways to confirm their sales...

I went to the batu caves one, he straight come and serve us. Open the car doors and let us view even start up the engine for us and
leave us there to check after he explain a few...

So i say can test drive ar, straight he say can. So, okay la test drive then he was quite honest, before test drive he say car overall
all really good condition and engine is superb just mounting need to change which I'll replace for u...

after test drive, seriously got serious vibration when engage reverse gear...did my check under carriage and everything.
So, we like the car ask him to calculate the breakdown everything. Price discounted okay or not and etcs. Then is up to us
if we want to book the car with a deposit or not, since we plan to get it, so how much we wanna give deposit up to us.

So, just put RM200 that's it. He will repair everything and tell us to come to collect.
Can say overall satisfy la...just found out the car repainted before on bumpers maybe slight damage...1st time buying a 2nd hand
car :rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
They used to be sales man at commercial gym. That's why.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
they are desperate for commissions i guess.....by offering low price for that period itself is just a gimmick
if u come 1 week later the deal will still be valid.
Next week you come back, car still there ask for more discount already......hahahahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Agree with u guys. These sales man always try to rush u on the spot and make people commit a deposit. I believe they make money also on peoples deposit where after few days reality hits the buyer that the deal was bad and decided to cancel the sales, deposit burn.
That is why certain purchases gives cooling off period, but not cars......:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Next week you come back, car still there ask for more discount already......hahahahaha:rofl:

Exactly, it all depends if the car is sold already or not. If not then most likely can lower the price some more. Just look at cars at mudah, so many which cannot sell for months already got the prices drop buy thousands, sometimes even >10K drop.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Haha! I bought my 2nd hand car at Batu Caves area also along MRR2 la...

I did go to the MRR2 side to view the cars...and even Selayang Auto City. Some not too bad. But as usual, I ask, can test drive?
Most say can, u pay deposit 1st la, then if test drive if car got problem, we will try to fix for u and if really cant fix, we will give back
your deposit....

I'm was like, I'm not a nut and I know all your tactics...once give u deposit i can never get it back since u said will try to fix for me.
These are just ways to confirm their sales...

I went to the batu caves one, he straight come and serve us. Open the car doors and let us view even start up the engine for us and
leave us there to check after he explain a few...

So i say can test drive ar, straight he say can. So, okay la test drive then he was quite honest, before test drive he say car overall
all really good condition and engine is superb just mounting need to change which I'll replace for u...

after test drive, seriously got serious vibration when engage reverse gear...did my check under carriage and everything.
So, we like the car ask him to calculate the breakdown everything. Price discounted okay or not and etcs. Then is up to us
if we want to book the car with a deposit or not, since we plan to get it, so how much we wanna give deposit up to us.

So, just put RM200 that's it. He will repair everything and tell us to come to collect.
Can say overall satisfy la...just found out the car repainted before on bumpers maybe slight damage...1st time buying a 2nd hand
car :rofl:
When I bought my recon car a few mths ago, never had problems test driving them at all. I probably test drove almost 10 cars all over various locations/dealers without paying a single cent before I decided on my purchase. I don't find any of them as pushy as well, seems still normal. Maximum only got 1 follow up call per sales man which is proper.

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
Hi 6ue5t, I think u got charisma. I think I look like water fish so all this sales people trying to pull a fast one on me :banghead:
I just realized being nice does not entitle more discount or better service

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Exactly, it all depends if the car is sold already or not. If not then most likely can lower the price some more. Just look at cars at mudah, so many which cannot sell for months already got the prices drop buy thousands, sometimes even >10K drop.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

When I bought my recon car a few mths ago, never had problems test driving them at all. I probably test drove almost 10 cars all over various locations/dealers without paying a single cent before I decided on my purchase. I don't find any of them as pushy as well, seems still normal. Maximum only got 1 follow up call per sales man which is proper.
If buyer like the car, the seller gets upper hand. Take your time. Of course if car is sold then look for another, but if not sold, then buyer gets upper hand. Like my friend's brother saw newspaper advertisement for a beemer, went and see. Car nice but quite high price, but fell in love with it, wanted to buy already, then the brother told him to cool off and maybe look at others first. After a month, chance on another advertisement but same contacts advertised at lower price, so went to see again and was same car, so he bought at a few RMk lower.....:driver:

Actually buyer needs to test the car. If don't test, how to buy??:banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi 6ue5t, I think u got charisma. I think I look like water fish so all this sales people trying to pull a fast one on me :banghead:
I just realized being nice does not entitle more discount or better service
Hahaha, I don't know about charisma, I just came with the wife & kids and ask around like normal, I think.
Yeah, anything about money definitely does not recognize being nice!

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

If buyer like the car, the seller gets upper hand. Take your time. Of course if car is sold then look for another, but if not sold, then buyer gets upper hand. Like my friend's brother saw newspaper advertisement for a beemer, went and see. Car nice but quite high price, but fell in love with it, wanted to buy already, then the brother told him to cool off and maybe look at others first. After a month, chance on another advertisement but same contacts advertised at lower price, so went to see again and was same car, so he bought at a few RMk lower.....:driver:

Actually buyer needs to test the car. If don't test, how to buy??:banghead:
Yes, showing eagerness to buy is the buyer's cardinal sin of purchasing! Never ever do that.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I believe most of us like honest seller instead of those "die die wana close 9 ur sale" that type. It is very annoying and arrogant when they act like this. Even I like that car so much but the sales person too gay, I would rather search elsewhere and leave it.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When my wife was eying a MPV, we tested from P2 to Exora, then the Estar. In fact for the Estar we tried 3 to 4 times because want to make sure and even asked for different test car. The sale person was so nice that he entertain all our request. In the end she decided that the MPV too big for her, and wanted to try the SUV instead and tried both the 1.6 & 2.0 that they have. The 2.0 we also tested 2 to 3 times and finally wife decided to go for the 2.0 and gave the sales person our purchase. Anyway he was so nice to entertain all our request....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
China car wor bro....heard the workmanship for interior wise not so good...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hye, my car is already 10 years old, and there is some area at rear boot the paint started to peel off. So i want to restore my car paint back, before i sent if for detailing, may i know any good spray shop near by shah alam area?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience