Myvi engine dies during idle, why this can happen?

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
Dear Sifus,

As per topic tittle, this happens sometimes during idle whereby the car dies just like that. Happened once, when i was cruising in a low rpm, less than 2k the car just goes off like that. Unsure what's this about need some handy advice on this to resolve it. Thank you in advance :)

Driving 2005 Myvi EZI

Last edited:

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
Haven't try on this yet friend, probably will give it a shot

wira4g13p

Sep 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
idle time or when rpm at 1.8 ~ 2 k? if already rev up maybe ur wyring got problem or ur immobilizer got problem...

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
alright 4g13p thanks for your reckon. Say in a situation something is wrong with the immobilizer. How do i diagnose this?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
drive to perodua sc..
tell them to problem..
ask them to scan it with their proprietary obd-ii scanner and see if anything shows up.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
When idling is the rev really low? Mine once dropped below 600rpm and died off. Was caused by my clogged DIY OCT and a dirty throttle body. Might want to clean those first.

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
@ixeo yup will try on this as well. Thanks for the advice

@izso, last service did TB cleaning using the Threebond, engine flushed, plugs changed to Denso iridium. After that, start to feel the rpm slightly lower like what you said, in my case if the a/c is not running the idle rpm able to reach about 500 and sometimes out of the blues, it just goes off like that. This got me scratching my head thinking what could have been wrong @_@. Mind telling me the OCT don't really get that. Hehe Thanks :)

wira4g13p

Sep 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
alright 4g13p thanks for your reckon. Say in a situation something is wrong with the immobilizer. How do i diagnose this?
last time my vios, go to toyota sc...scan...result no problem...check all wire ... also no problem... last toyota sc suspect immobilizer ...change it FOC...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Good suggestion from wira4g13p. Worthwhile checking.

If you don't know what a OCT is then you probably don't have one so don't worry about it. LOL!

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
Latest problem, car dies off even at N position and start to have O/D blinking. Contacted a friend of mine, then after he brought me to his friends shop. The foreman did a diagnostic using some device and reset the ECU. 5minits later the engine dies off again and he re-diagnosed and found out that somethings is faulty at the transmission. Thus, he told me, it is either could be the wayaring or the GB revolution sensor. Only in the evening i can get the actual result.

As for the time being, wondering can GB revolution sensor can cause up to the engine dies of is it? Just wondering, cause i know the revolution sensor for different reason.

Anyone could enlighten on this, thanks sifus :)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u have never mentioned u are driving an autobox, lol. thinking cap, ON!! but seriously, have u tried to increase the idle revv tak?

Cuppy

Oct 22, 2009
Selangor
Ahh...my bad my bad, sorry for that mate. Missing out the most essential information. By the way, it is a 2005 myvi EZI. Didn't try to increase the idle rev, cause too panic already car keep dying thus terus brought it troubleshoot already.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
timing gear jump one key if no fault codes but O/D blinking

transmission problem normally wont cause ur car to dies off

if happened only after changed spark plug..put back the old plugs n test

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The first impression of this new 2008 Mini Clubman 5 doors is it has a longer wheelbase. The 3.1 inches extra provides that much more capacity compare to its counterparts, also allowing easy loading capabilities to the owner.

Though pricing has yet to be announced, officials say buyers can opt for the turbocharged or the regular 1.6L engine. The NA version cranks 120hp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience