Why do you like to mod your cars?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Just thought about this question. Just a general topic/discussion asking members over here about the reason why you guys want to mod your cars and how it all started. Probably this can be an interesting topic.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
For better handling, higher power to do safer overtake, better braking and other safety upgrades to cooperate with the extra power and because i am a "boostaholic"

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Lol, all give very short answers. For me, I started reading and finding out about general car stuffs first back in around 2010. Was only reading about simple specs like 0-100 time, top speed, engine cc, top speed, hp... That time I was mostly looking at supercars and also newer JDM performance cars. Was a complete noob at that time. After one year plus, all these started to get bored for me because I've read a lot about these basic specs already in various cars. Somehow, the curiosity inside me made me eager to find out more. Then I started to read a bit about engine stuffs. It was terrible those days, I don't even know about how different engine types looked like such as V engine, rotary, boxer.... Things like camshaft, crank, valve are familiar words at to me at that time but I have no idea where they are located and how they work. After slowly learning about these engine stuffs, I started to get interested in modifications. Well, that's roughly how my story goes...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I started out liking ICE. Played with ICE a lot and wasted a lot of money there.

Then my car broke down and my friend said "Hey.. why not rebuild the car ourselves? Weekend project"

So we did and I found out how easy it was to do everything and how a little tweak here and there can do wonders for the cars performance.

Then I caught the bug from there. Besides, modding is cheaper than women and booze. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I started out liking ICE. Played with ICE a lot and wasted a lot of money there.

Then my car broke down and my friend said "Hey.. why not rebuild the car ourselves? Weekend project"

So we did and I found out how easy it was to do everything and how a little tweak here and there can do wonders for the cars performance.

Then I caught the bug from there. Besides, modding is cheaper than women and booze. :biggrin:
Now what happen to all your ICE? Sold it or still inside your car?

no money to buy ferrari
And now mod to compete with Ferrari's performance? :biggrin:

for me its a hobby...
Still got mod your current new car?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Cause its funny to see the faces of the sporty Satria Neo drivers getting overtaken and left behind by a boat.

Sleeper yo.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Meanwhile, U already have 1 woman and 2 child ahahahaha

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
gotta give a big round of applause to Gran Turismo (GT). somewhat the influenced me at tender age on PS1.
and of course not to forget.. Initial D yg "berhantu". hahaa.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Cause its funny to see the faces of the sporty Satria Neo drivers getting overtaken and left behind by a boat.

Sleeper yo.
Your boat inside got 'snail'. Sure can smoke ordinary Neos. BTW check this out. I spotted this.

no la never mod, just maintaining it is a pain in the wallet....:rofl:
I thought you still got mod. It was a nice car to mod. So, the old twin turbo is faster then?

Attachments

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on what mod? Some power, some looks, some comfort and if ICE, listening pleasure......:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's now 5hrs into the race. The MME is South East Asia's biggest endurance race and today marks its 12th edition so far. This year is perhaps the best race ever as we see car entries from the likes of Mercedes SLS GT3, Audi LMS, Ferrari 458 GT3 and the list goes on. Check out the pics supplied by Andy Goh and stay tuned as he updates us with more from time to time...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience