WHY Check engine light off? (blacktop 20v)

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Thanks bro...
anyway..have check...the problem is no.2) EFI fuse blown
after put back efi fuse then the check engine is ON :proud: ......BUT.....its no last longer.. :mad: :mad:
when engaged the switch on...efi fuse blown again...try it about 2-3 times...same..efi fuse blown..

is it something wrong with my fuel pump?
bus_3rd - glad you've manage to found the problem...saved by sifoo levin818 again...

there's nothing wrong with your fuel pump...
EFI fuse always blow...2 most common thing...

1) ECU has reached its life cycle...need to "refurbish" the ECU...yet again levin818 can help you with that...we didn't called him Dr ECU for no reason...

2) Your engine wiring is about to give up...best if you could change to a new wiring (half-cut) rather then trace out which wiring is the culprit...

new wiring n refurbish ECU...at least it can last a few years...:smokin:

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
to all sifu ,

im having most likely problem !!!
the situation is: my 4age sometime engine cant crank for 1st n 2nd time then after that ok already !!!
i got sent my car to workshop ..... n the mechanic said that my car need to add additional relay on ignition section to allow more volt supply .... is it true ???? any sifu having the similar problem like my car ?

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
to all sifu ,

the situation is: my 4age sometime engine cant crank for 1st n 2nd time then after that ok already !!!
i got sent my car to workshop ..... n the mechanic said that my car need to add additional relay on ignition section to allow more volt supply .... is it true ???? any sifu having the similar problem like my car ?
can't crank as in what? no cranking sound at all (like flat battery) or got cranking sound but engine can't fire up?

chinozie

Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
to all sifu ,

most likely your engine starter almost out of brushes (some call it carbon)...
adding relay will normally solved the problem...but sooner or later you'll need to change your starter...as most of the mechanics don't want to change the brushes...tedious work heeeee

brushes - left most picture

or

what j_l200s are most likely true...if your free maintainance battery reached more then a year old...that might happened...change your battery will solve the problem...

Last edited:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
bus_3rd, you need to send your car to a good wireman for throughly check. If you can't find any good wireman, perhaps my friends can help out.

Kelvinyong, are you running 4age 20V, if yes, suggest to check following:
1) ISCV clogging
2) 4-throttle setting is out
3) ECU 1st stage failure
(i can't comment if starter failure will give this kind of problem cos no experience on it)
It is advisable to settle the problem by looking into the root cause but not adding any stuffs/gaget to overcome the problem. The later may lead to more serious problem, that is permanently damage your wiring.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Temi, suggest Saturday night ah. If can make it tomorrow is OK :)

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks commented from chinozie n Jl200s .....

ya,no cranking sound at all (like flat battery) for 1st n second time: but now even bad !!!
actually my car's battery quit new ( few mount ago ) n been check by the foreman with no issue on the battery. maybe is the starter problem ... coz today ( friday ) i went to tried with adding a relay n see how ( result = fail ) n samething result . mind suspect the starter bye bye d !!! hopefully is starter problem~~~

thanks commented from levin818:im running 4age20v, i will try to solve it out with changing the starter 1st otherwise have to follow your commented step::

can i ask normally 4age 20v for full tank can run how many KM from your car???
for my case : normal drive with jam time driving = 360km/40litle
long drive with 120km/h average speed = 430km/40litle
izit normal ??

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
i had this problem before. starter carbon no more d... either take it to service or buy from chop shop or buy reconditioned or buy new :)

bus_3rd

Known Member
May 18, 2008
bus_3rd - glad you've manage to found the problem...saved by sifoo levin818 again...

there's nothing wrong with your fuel pump...
EFI fuse always blow...2 most common thing...

1) ECU has reached its life cycle...need to "refurbish" the ECU...yet again levin818 can help you with that...we didn't called him Dr ECU for no reason...

2) Your engine wiring is about to give up...best if you could change to a new wiring (half-cut) rather then trace out which wiring is the culprit...

new wiring n refurbish ECU...at least it can last a few years...:smokin:
1) ECU is ok..have tried it on my friends car. Working well.

2) Yes..its about the wiring rite now..wanna trace 1st...if surrender then go to the new wiring (halfcut).

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

bus_3rd, you need to send your car to a good wireman for throughly check. If you can't find any good wireman, perhaps my friends can help out.

Kelvinyong, are you running 4age 20V, if yes, suggest to check following:
1) ISCV clogging
2) 4-throttle setting is out
3) ECU 1st stage failure
(i can't comment if starter failure will give this kind of problem cos no experience on it)
It is advisable to settle the problem by looking into the root cause but not adding any stuffs/gaget to overcome the problem. The later may lead to more serious problem, that is permanently damage your wiring.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Temi, suggest Saturday night ah. If can make it tomorrow is OK :)
ooo..ok..if i cant solve that wiring prob..maybe ur fren can help it..
so where ur fren located at kelantan? :biggrin:

bus_3rd

Known Member
May 18, 2008
FINALLY....PROBLEM SETTLED..

wiring check = DONE = 100% OK not SHORT ANYWHERE :proud:

the real prob = FUEL PUMP = K.O

just change the fuel pump..nothing more fuse blown or check engine off..
rite now my car is healthy :driver:
after change fuel pump my car no more sluggish when we push the accelerate pedal..
before this if i accelerate my car will "senok2/lemas/sekok2" before go..but this time huhu.. I LIKE!!
yesterday have tested in road like drag :biggrin: :biggrin:

just curious...how the system working?fuel pump KO..then the fius on the spot blown..
is that any wire in the fuel pump?

THANKS TO ALL SIFU2 HERE COZ HELP ME A LOT N GIVE ME SOME IDEA WITH UR COMMENT N EXPERIENCE ON BLACKTOP 20V :adore:

chinozie

Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
bus_3rd - thanks for updating us...

just curious...how the system working?fuel pump KO..then the fius on the spot blown..
is that any wire in the fuel pump?
Interesting...guys...any idea why ?

Does Toyota came with safety futures like Volvo ? fuel pump kong...ECU give signal tu blow the fuse ?

like my old volvo...no meter cluster installed, the alternator will not charge, for safety reason...

bus_3rd

Known Member
May 18, 2008
using this diagram for guide..
EFI fuse blown...connect to ecu n fuel pump..
dunno correct or not..but with this diagram i can make a guide to repair n find mycar prob.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone knows how to fix this thing??as i heard the wrong installing of RSM will affect the engine .... my RSM was working properly all this while until my engine burst the last month ... and after i fix it back ... the reading become like this already!! is it because of the sensor problem??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience