Malaysia
Re: Why my car petrol smell very big

How big is your petrol smell ?..You measured in volume ?..:dontknow:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia

Experience this once..But not sure izzit the same as your case..Erm , pumping too much of petrol..Overloaded..Then could smell petrol smell inside the car..How "big" , I have no idea..But how strong..very strong..just like putting the petrol infront of your nose..

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006

are u using an external fuel pump? if yes, check your hoses... i had the same problem once, petrol kept spewing out... it seems that one of the rubber hoses has hardened... and that caused the leak...

Bump: are u using an external fuel pump? if yes, check your hoses... i had the same problem once, petrol kept spewing out... it seems that one of the rubber hoses has hardened... and that caused the leak...

nafiiio

Known Member
Aug 22, 2006
I experienced this several times ... it started when i bought the afpr .. because of my fuel pressure is a bit high, the fuel hose on top of my fuel tank got leaking ( after that disconnected and i have to DIY beside the road for several times also ). Then i tighten it but it leak at afpr output to the engine ... tight back .. now no more smell ... taa daaa

MatLia

Known Member
Jul 17, 2007
I have a same prob with u but not everytime smells the fuel. Untill now, still searching the solution. My FR set to 35psi. Checked all the fuel hoses, nothing leak. Anybody experience it? (No leaking likes nafiiio experience)

azuaneman

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Melaka Kelantan
azuan85.fotopages.com
wrong piping also give that trouble...
check the fuel flow, suppose got air flow also for tank to breath ...
if not the air inside will pressure the tank...

just check the nat/skru tank there .. fuel pump / fuel level

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
will it cause by the charcoal canister?:hmmmm:
I think that's the problem; the charcoal canister that filters the smell is clogged. I had that problem too but when I changed it, no more petrol smell inside the cabin of the car.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have been doing an extensive researches on how air behaves in motion for my intake and exhaust design and came across Radial Momentum theory which basically says air that flow in conical shaped tube where the radius increases from inlet to outlet will have gradual pressure drop

this is in contrast with bernoulli's where when gas expands due to increased radius, pressure will increase. please take some time to read the link below, it really helps understanding how air works if u are...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience