What's in the OCT after 4 months?

gtiwtks

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
Drex,

Recently my arosp33d oct's bottom cover almost falled off due to the align key screw lossen and 3 out of 4 had MIA. Luckily check my car last weekend after heard some rattling noise. Took me quite some time to remove the oct in order to tighten back the bottom since it was located at hard to reach corner. Have to temporaly remove the align key screw on top to lock the bottom one. Look for replacement but can't find one. So, I called the arosp33d boss and he replace the screw for me foc.

My oct was installed where the valve rocker cover but disconnects the hose to the air-filter box. I sealed the intake ram pipe with nipple as told and i manage to catch some oil. Now i want to installed the oct between the PCV valve and intake manifold. But i forgot which hole is for inlet/outlet. Does it matter? Another issue is my oct was installed on my left part of the engine. No more place on my right. So the length of the pipe is quite long, Got any problem?

c-ground

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Seri Kembangan
cground.fotopic.net
izso,
I just take the whole gauge/indicator off. Screwed the holes, use an oil seal made from fuel hose.

gtiwtks,
it doesn't matter which is inlet and which is outlet. Length ofthe hose is not an issue, the vacuum level is still the same as long as there's no leakage.

/Drex

Last edited:

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
drexchan said:
No lar.. we hapily share what we know throught our website. Unlike someone who post something then ask ppl to PM for detail/diagram/etc.
i like his style..

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Wanna ask a super noob question ..

Will having OCT or those d.i.y OCT(fuel filter) increase ur backpressure slightly n make u loose abit pickup or something? hehehh... dont laugh :biggrin:

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
nitrus said:
Wanna ask a super noob question ..

Will having OCT or those d.i.y OCT(fuel filter) increase ur backpressure slightly n make u loose abit pickup or something? hehehh... dont laugh :biggrin:
Why would it affect the exhaust while you are fiddling around with the vacuum hoses?

No lar..

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
i c i c .. no la juz wanted to double confirm (although i also didn't believe it) .. from a claim from a friend .. tnx drex!

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
I install my oil catch tank few month ago... today i see under my car... i saw the a rubber hose ( unplug) from the oil catch tank... is it normal ??

Bump: I install my oil catch tank few month ago... today i see under my car... i saw the a rubber hose ( unplug) from the oil catch tank... is it normal ??

bugbear1986

Known Member
Apr 22, 2006
drex chan... i need ya help here..
is it d same as urs for my wira carbie to install d OCT..
coz kinda confused wif wat d foreman said.. i edi got d OCT installed at the right side of the rocker arm cover...
so what bout engine breather? d small mushroom filter, they say carbie cars dun need this, or only for decoration purpose nia..... so any advice from you?

bugbear1986

Known Member
Apr 22, 2006
On the PCV hose. The PCV valve is a hexagonal part, which is located at the opposite side in comparison to the EFi engines.
so u mean EFI is suppose to install OCT at left side, meanwhile carbie is at the right side.. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

is this correct? OCT at left side in the pictures... then the right hand side of the hose is for engine breather..

Last edited:

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
so u mean EFI is suppose to install OCT at left side, meanwhile carbie is at the right side.. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

is this correct? OCT at left side in the pictures... then the right hand side of the hose is for engine breather..
Yes you are right.

Master[QQ]

Jan 3, 2009
Bro, disconnect the hose to the intake hose, seal the nipple, and install a small breather on the hose. Wira 1.6XLI auto can do it also?

bugbear1986

Known Member
Apr 22, 2006
will it affect the durability of engine ..
bcoz my case is, the foreman says the engine will bleed~ oil leaking out from gasket, seals.. (aka 七孔流血).. bcoz the air inside engine room.. got no where to go/release...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys ! dont know if this is the right place to ask,

but is there any way to transfer a number plate from an old car to another old car?

Am thinking of selling my seg, but i wanna maintain the number plate onto my civic.

I heard last time you could get a motorcycle (new), to use that as a "middleman".

does anyone know if that technique still applies, or any other way?

thanks in advance to all responders
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience