What's in the OCT after 4 months?

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Many doubted the functionality of an OCT and today i am going to show you the proof that an OCT does work.

NOthing to do, so took out the OCT and.. hey! It's heavy.. Shake it a little .. liquid inside apparently!

It works..

So i drained the oil out.. it captured about 100 ml of the PCV blow-by in extremely dark color: drain-out from the OCT

Accidentally spilled it and you can see how dirty it is: it's dark and dirty!

So, i washed the OCT using petrol. Just pour some petrol through the hose and do a "milk shake"... this is what i got: yucks!

Discovered some leakage from one of the hole that was supposed to be sealed. Remove the seal and redo a silicone oil seal.

Then reinstalled it back and started the engine... seems like the idling now became irradic (from the vacuum gauge reading)..

Must be something wrong in the previous setting (remember the leakage?) that the ECU has adapted to.

So, no worries, reset the ECU and make sure everything is working fine, re-adapt the throttle position and everything went so smooth.

So, OCT works. Just clean it once a while..

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
yeap, OCTs do work. I poured the contents of my OCT out in front my 'non-believer' mechanic, then he now believes.... hehehe...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
doink,

OCT = Oil Catch Tank
Prices ranging from RM90-RM300 depending on brands and quality.

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Can u explain where to where is a OCT installed... saw there is one input and one output.... tq

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
aikz? some said the OCT is installed where the valve rocker cover connects the hose to the air-filter box?? im confused now :(

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
same thing, because the air still flows into the intake manifold from the airfilter box.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
gavan said:
aikz? some said the OCT is installed where the valve rocker cover connects the hose to the air-filter box?? im confused now :(
Tried that for 4 months and nothing was catched inside the can. What you need to do it to disconnect the hose to the intake hose, seal the nipple, and install a small breater on the hose. Like this: engine breather

DLegend said:
same thing, because the air still flows into the intake manifold from the airfilter box.
Not same. One has vacuum, one doesn't.

from the intake hose, air is being sucked into the cam cover.
from the cam cover, air is being sucked into the intake manifold. However, during hard runs (full throttle), the pressure inside the cam cover can be so high that the vacuum of the manifold can't neutralize that. This will result in having oil vapour kicking back to the intake hose. That's why some car has an oilly intake hose, filter element (not K&N), and throttle body.

Disconnecting the breather hose and selling the nipple will prevent these. No need OCT.

------------

To know how much oil vapour your engine can generate... open the oil cap after the engine is being shut down. See the vapour fuming out..

Last edited:

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
I wonder, if this OCT is so called effective why does the car manufacture's does not include one even as an optonal specs ? :eek:

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
i agree with rattan,
if this OCT is so effective, why car manufacturers neither include it in original spec nor optional spec?
If car manufacturer's could install in HID's, vibrating seats and other gadgets... why not install this effective gadget which only cost from Rm90 - Rm300...

if car owners knew to service their vehicle, clean their air filters and drain their black oil....
why would they not know to maintain this OCT ?

*dont shoot me pls, correct me if i'm wrong... hehe...

hey_guy

Known Member
Apr 11, 2006
Ok... i found this useful thread when i happen to do some research on OCT and breather :)

I have some questions maybe kinda stupid to some :p
- Can i use a breather without an OCT and vice versa? Whats the effect if doing so?
- Air flows thru breather to the cam cover which the air i believe is hotter than air from the intake hose. So isn't not so good since the air is hotter goes into the cam cover?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. Cheers~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i got a stupid question...
i really wanna know briefly what is the purpose to install Vafc or Safc?
is it up HP or ????
hope master here can let me learn more about this.
thanks a lot!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience