What type of sub can get very soft bass?

Feb 11, 2007
Hii, Im a newbie here..
Im wondering what type of brand or type of subwoofer that can give very soft bass. Before this ive try my friend's 10" JBL tube type subwoofer and the bass sound was very soft (tak sakit telinga dengar kuat2). Im looking to replace my sub to get the same type of bass sound but the jbl is too expensive. Is there any other type/brand of sub that can produce the same bass sound. And how can i avoid getting my amp rosak. should i use a capacitor?

thanksss...

peace..:_:

gen2R3freak

Feb 11, 2007
Another stupid question. What is SQ and SPL stands for? Anyway really looking forward for answers from all the sifus out there. want to setup my system this month. just donno what type of sub to install. plsssss help me. thanxxx

Peace..

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hii, Im a newbie here..
Im wondering what type of brand or type of subwoofer that can give very soft bass. Before this ive try my friend's 10" JBL tube type subwoofer and the bass sound was very soft (tak sakit telinga dengar kuat2). Im looking to replace my sub to get the same type of bass sound but the jbl is too expensive. Is there any other type/brand of sub that can produce the same bass sound. And how can i avoid getting my amp rosak. should i use a capacitor?

thanksss...

peace..:_:
For sure this several sub very good but the prob is JBL to expensive to U leerrr..

a) RS Audio Competition 12" www.rs-audio.de
b) JL Audio JLW6V2-D4 www.jlaudio.com/products_subs_pages.php?page_id=4
c) Phass Aliante series www.phase-evolution.de/produkte.asp? p=subwoofer&view=serie&grp=6&ser=44&lang=EN
d) Sea Lotus Subwoofers - Lotus by SEAS
e) Scanspeak Revelator Tymphany : Products : ScanSpeak

SQ = Sound Quality, for own listening & SPL = Sound Pressure Level, dooommm doommm laaa

Last edited:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
SQ = sound quality
SPL = Sound pressure Level

if u want soft bass, play music with soft bass lah, haha....thats the easiest solution, other than that, switch off the HU bass enhancer/boost or reduce sub level output if the HU has it, or lower the sub amp gain, etc etc lah

any sub can play soft, just a matter of tuning/adjusting/reducing this and that...

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
For sure this several sub very good but the prob is JBL to expensive to U leerrr..

a) RS Audio Competition 12" www.rs-audio.de
b) JL Audio JLW6V2-D4 www.jlaudio.com/products_subs_pages.php?page_id=4
c) Phass Aliante series www.phase-evolution.de/produkte.asp? p=subwoofer&view=serie&grp=6&ser=44&lang=EN
d) Sea Lotus Subwoofers - Lotus by SEAS
e) Scanspeak Revelator Tymphany : Products : ScanSpeak

SQ = Sound Quality, for own listening & SPL = Sound Pressure Level, dooommm doommm laaa
Whatlah you, people asking budget SQ stuffs, u go and recommend super high end stuffs. You thought going to competition meh. People said JBL already too expensive then you go and recommend those.

Try some 2nd hand stuffs. If want new SQ subwoofers, maybe the Helix Deep Blue or Phd CF series subwoofer should suit your budget (hopefully). By the way, what is your budget? :shades_smile:

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Whatlah you, people asking budget SQ stuffs, u go and recommend super high end stuffs. You thought going to competition meh. People said JBL already too expensive then you go and recommend those.

Try some 2nd hand stuffs. If want new SQ subwoofers, maybe the Helix Deep Blue or Phd CF series subwoofer should suit your budget (hopefully). By the way, what is your budget? :shades_smile:
All those ppl using that Sub must go to competition kaa? .. actually any Sub can do soft bass.. either ayam or branded.. if U combo with right enclosure & give enough pwr, U will get it lorrr.. for me the best low budget is Alpine Type E..

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
ya, every sub can get low bass...just how long it can handle and how accurate it can handle...

a chapalang can handle 30hz but only at 50db....while a branded sub can handle it at 100db...see the difference?

get a chapalang sub tat can handle doesn;t mean it's useful....if u on ur volumn at 20 and ur sub can only handle till 5, wat the point?????

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I have listen 1 Kancil car, the kancil just using 'Pyle' sub in Tube enclosure but the Bass very good.. every thing up to tuning skill loorr.. setting crossover slope at higher level (>12db) will make the sub more soft, at lower (<12db) will make the sub more harder..

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
use large sealed box (1.5 ~ 2 cu.ft or higher) or use low port tuning eg. 25~28hz.
The large sealed box will lower the sub+box Qtc where the bass in 40~80hz range is flatter i.e. no large peaks and extend the low frequencies.
Using large low port tuning box also give the same effect.

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
So final conclusion are 5 point to take note:

1.Taiko Zenn
if u want soft bass, play music with soft bass lah, haha....thats the easiest solution, other than that, switch off the HU bass enhancer/boost or reduce sub level output if the HU has it, or lower the sub amp gain, etc etc lah
any sub can play soft, just a matter of tuning/adjusting/reducing this and that...

2.Nicholalkh taiko
Try some 2nd hand stuffs. If want new SQ subwoofers, maybe the Helix Deep Blue or Phd CF series subwoofer should suit your budget (hopefully). By the way, what is your budget?

3.Oldskoolboyz taiko
.. actually any Sub can do soft bass.. either ayam or branded.. if U combo with right enclosure & give enough pwr, U will get it lorrr.. for me the best low budget is Alpine Type E..

4.Howie Choo taiko
ya, every sub can get low bass...just how long it can handle and how accurate it can handle...

5.Kippo Taiko
use large sealed box (1.5 ~ 2 cu.ft or higher) or use low port tuning eg. 25~28hz.
The large sealed box will lower the sub+box Qtc where the bass in 40~80hz range is flatter i.e. no large peaks and extend the low frequencies.
Using large low port tuning box also give the same effect.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I finally found a shop selling ACDelco batteries

Max Automart Gombak
No 68, JALAN 6/21D,MEDAN IDAMAN GOMBAK OPPOSITE PLAZA IDAMAN,53100 KUALA LUMPUR

Look for the boss Kelvin

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience