Alpine Type S, Type X, Type R.. What are the differences

karl31

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Malaysia
Hai all.. I don't know whether this topic has been disscuss or not in here., but, anybody can help and story about this a bit.. thanks guys..

Alpine Type S, Type X, Type R.. What are the differences?

aurie

Known Member
Mar 3, 2005
i've heard the setup for all the model above...in fact currently i'm running on type X setup...all model is oki.depends on ur taste laa,type R can play all rounder(good mid-bass)...the highest model is type X(tweeter quite sharp).need to tune it properly..

i'm satisfy w my type X now..:)

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Well... in terms of price and also performance levels, it's rated the following from medicore to best performance within the range

Type S >> Type R >> Type X

Type X being the top-most and more worthwhile buy compared to the others, customisable x-over, bi-amp able, good tweeters and decent mid-bass. Settle for nothing lower range than this if u are serious about getting a good setup.

Type R have a new revision for the '05 year and it have improved slightly in terms of it's tweeters and mid-bass but no where near the Type X. Very good mid-budget entry level comp set for it's price.

Type S, no experience with them, but being the entry level comp, it probably is, well, medicore in performance.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
dont forget got DDLinear above the type X :biggrin: :biggrin:

aurie

Known Member
Mar 3, 2005
oldskolboyz said:
I tot the top end 1 is F#1 flag ship comp set....

yes,no doubt for F1 series maa...below f1 status is DD Linear and the price around 2k plus for comp set...and after that will follow by type X,R,S & E...:)

wish to get F1 comps...:P

Sep 20, 2005
KL
aurie said:
yes,no doubt for F1 series maa...below f1 status is DD Linear and the price around 2k plus for comp set...and after that will follow by type X,R,S & E...:)

in alpine homepage they do have product listings from all XRSE plus F1 series.
i never find the page where they list the DDL series?
is this series new? does anyone has the web link to alpine homepage where they list down all they DDL series?

DDL sounds nice... the tweets sound bright and crisp... X series is not too great but maybe the demo setup was crap..

thanks!

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
The DDLinear is more or less Jap Spec stuff.

One of the good but old generation stuff is their old flagship type x

aurie

Known Member
Mar 3, 2005
yepp..dd linear if more on Jap spec.but i love the tweeter too,nice and clear.tested once b4,but no budget for dd linear and settle down for type-X...:)

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if you are on a budget you will consider the alpine spx 177r. Its an oem form vifa and the endless tuning from the xover. Most said its the best comp for for the price.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
Hi there,

planning to run 4 ~ 5 type-X subs, so how many of the V12s I will be needing.

not too sure about the size, currently thinking about 3 10in and 2 12in. would like to know something before heading to the shop, coz to my understanding it's always better to have at least 1 amp to 1 sub.

oh yeah, not looking to pair them with different amps. kinda want to do an all Alpine set up. And I drive a Volvo sedan.

perTunia

Known Member
Mar 18, 2006
aurie said:

erm.. hv a question here.. wht is the market price 4 all of this? (X,R,S,E)

Alcon06

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
Cheapest type is Type-S, not sure if there's any Type-E components in the local market, but i know there are Type-E subwoofers.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Who daily drives with a racing shell? I'm considering doing it since my boat floats all over the place. I've had SR-3 before. It was great. But I've sold it to a friend and I want to upgrade. SR7 prices are ridiculous, Evo X Recaro's are madness.

Thoughts?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience