What to power 2 Kicker subs?

Feb 5, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

As per title, im looking for a good quality 2nd hand 2ch amp to power up my sub. Currently im using 2 kicker sub 12'' rated 150rms each. Preferable for middle range stuff (eg Mohawk Cyrstal,Kicker,MTX etc). Price will be consider. Pls feel free to share yours and dun forget to attached some picture of them.

Another confusion, what's does the below spec mean. Really dun get it. How many chanl actlly does it has : :hmmmm:

• RMS Power Rating (14.4V):
◦4 ohms: 110 watts x 2 chan.
◦3 ohms: 135 watts x 2 chan.
◦2 ohms: 180 watts x 2 chan.
• Bridged Power Rating (14.4V):
◦Bridged, 8 ohms: 220 watts x 1 chan.
◦Bridged, 6 ohms: 270 watts x 1 chan.
◦Bridged, 4 ohms: 360 watts x 1 chan.
• 2 x 20A Fuse
• Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply
• LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
• Variable Bass Boost (0 to +9 dB bass boost at 50 Hz)
• Soft Start Turn-on
• 2/1 channel operation
• Speaker-level inputs with signal sensing for automatic turn-on
• Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps
• 3-Way System Protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
• Heavy duty aluminum alloy heatsink for extreme heat dissipation
• Silver-plated RCA level inputs
• Silver-plated screw terminals
• Input sensitivity: ◦Low level: 200mV-4V
◦High level: 2V-10V
• Variable high-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
• Variable low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
• Frequency response: 10-35,000 Hz
• Dimensions: 12-13/16"L x 9-5/8"W x 2-3/16"H

Pls share you expert view on this :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Re: [WTB] 2nd hand used 2ch amp

This is a 2 channel amp that can be bridged to 4ohm 1 channel. It's probably not ideal for your setup.

Which kicker is this? Dual voice coil or single voice coil? 150W is the RMS power? You need to know whether it's DVC or SVC first, then only can you choose an amp to power it. If say you hook up your subs to 2ohm, then this amp cannot support your sub setup.

Lastly - if you're looking for advice, please post it in the right place. It looks like you need more advice before you actually buy the amp so I'm moving your post to the appropriate location.

lamz4007

Feb 5, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Re: [WTB] 2nd hand used 2ch amp

This is a 2 channel amp that can be bridged to 4ohm 1 channel. It's probably not ideal for your setup.

Which kicker is this? Dual voice coil or single voice coil? 150W is the RMS power? You need to know whether it's DVC or SVC first, then only can you choose an amp to power it. If say you hook up your subs to 2ohm, then this amp cannot support your sub setup.

Lastly - if you're looking for advice, please post it in the right place. It looks like you need more advice before you actually buy the amp so I'm moving your post to the appropriate location.

Hi there,

Mine is SVC sub. and looking for an amp to power up my sub. looking for a 2ch 300rms/400rms @ 2ohm. what do u think?

lamz4007

Feb 5, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
SVC, I assume 4ohm? If so, you'll be able to connect it at 2ohm or 8ohm.

There are plenty of amps that can give you that kinda power. I have one PHD2200 for sale if you're interested.

PHD Audiophile Sound System - Amplifier 2200 -

It's a massive amp with lots of power. PM for pricing.

Yess bro..my sub is 4ohm! Ouchh is sound good. This is a brand new or used one? Can PM the details? Best price bro :)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You get more bangs for bucks when you buy used. A used Porsche is better than a new Proton anyday.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Blardy hell.....Either they have fact to proof the cars they sell really belonged to all teachers.....or they are downright blardy liars.....

CANGGIH MOTOR ENTERPRISE SDN BHD - PRO Niaga Store on Mudah.my

I wonder what is next?? Car owners previously female virgins??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience