Shah Alam
hahaha..

i dont care.. as long as they come packaged with the girls

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
well i've been interested in ICE for a long time, but have never invested in more than Headunits.

how should one specify what he wants in a sound system?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
no more la bryan, maybe 15 years ago, hehe...

to answer TS, i fancy an SQ system, which stands for Sound Quality, that attempts to reproduce a live music performance coming from top of your bonnet...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well....i love the SQ and power punch....maybe a complete Rockford Fosgate kit would be my choice (if money wasn't the issue) :biggrin: :adore:

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
For SQ lovers probably FOCAL range is recommended, or even BOSE if money is not an issue. There's another brand in town - Cadence, quite like their design, but specs not too sure, not many ppl comment on this brand. I am probably looking for JBL in the future, but need to study their spec and sound 1st

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think starting this sort of ICE thread is inviting a flame war.. Hehe..

IMHO, ICE is subjective. Whats great for me might be mediocre for someone else. Like Zenn for example, I know for a fact his "good" system will be my "unbelievable". Hehehe.

Right now I'm using a very simple very humble high sensitivity speaker setup with properly dampened doors and custom door panels and a underseat subwoofer. Everything else is bone stock including HU. I found the sound is pretty decent since the cost of doing all this was less than 2k and very very low profile (so it doesn't attract thieving eyes).

But if you ask me what I fancy it would be what I used to have and still have hidden in my store room. All taken out because car too easily broken into and don't want to risk losing my precioussss until I'm ready to have it installed in a better car. Heh.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

well i've been interested in ICE for a long time, but have never invested in more than Headunits.

how should one specify what he wants in a sound system?
Easy. Find a friend who has a setup, plonk in a favorite CD and if you find yourself tapping your feet and listening to the whole song and you find yourself wishing you had that setup, then that's what you want in your system!

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I heard Nakamichi is one of d best?
One of the best in terms of what exactly? They produce some pretty nifty HUs but one mans meat is another mans poison.

I personally prefer Clarion HXD2 over any Nakamichi. Some would say they prefer their Denon's over the HXD2. The someone else might say they prefer their Kenwood over the Denon.

So in the end it's subjective. But yeah.. they are known as one of the best.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
For SQ lovers probably FOCAL range is recommended, or even BOSE if money is not an issue. There's another brand in town - Cadence, quite like their design, but specs not too sure, not many ppl comment on this brand. I am probably looking for JBL in the future, but need to study their spec and sound 1st
i wouldnt consider focal as THE brand for SQ, but yes its one of the more popular ones, especially for 2nd stage beginner, or novice, goin thru their 2nd round upgrade... other brands to look at would be morel, DLS, helix, eton, boston, dynaudio, peerless, rainbow, RS Audio, etc etc many more...

id stay away from bose, not for car and definitely not for home, theyre just a look good brand, not for sound good. if u like home hi fi sound, like many SQ fans, then they will try to find vifa or scanspeak speakers and use it in their car, even morel, dynaudio and focal have developed car speakers based on the home ones, just to cater to this market segment...

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i wouldnt consider focal as THE brand for SQ, but yes its one of the more popular ones, especially for 2nd stage beginner, or novice, goin thru their 2nd round upgrade... other brands to look at would be morel, DLS, helix, eton, boston, dynaudio, peerless, rainbow, RS Audio, etc etc many more...

id stay away from bose, not for car and definitely not for home, theyre just a look good brand, not for sound good. if u like home hi fi sound, like many SQ fans, then they will try to find vifa or scanspeak speakers and use it in their car, even morel, dynaudio and focal have developed car speakers based on the home ones, just to cater to this market segment...
My case in point.

One mans meat is another mans poison.

I personally find those Bose car systems pretty nice. But I agree on Zenn's opinion on the Focals.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
in terms of BOSE....i dunno about home or car.... but theyre definitely one brand that experienced headphiles (headphones) would stay away from... they sound good but for the same price u could get something much better...

they even made up an acronym for BOSE..

Buy
Other
Sound
Equipment

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wassup all,

Firstly im new in this turbo/car stuff.Nw im using E3 engine with TD05H with all the stock parts(blowoff etc. etc.).The only thing that chng so far putting the wastegate (40mm).Just wanna get some advice on how to get more HP out frm the E3.What i should do first or change what or add what parts to gain few or extra HP...do let me know guys....:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience