What is the fuel consumption for A32 3.0L V6?

national3399

Jul 29, 2006
by the way, dream.tent, thanks for the recommendation.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
than you better find out, cause if you have 3L ecu, 2.5L injector you will not run effcient. cause the AFM voltage mapping with the wrong injector.

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
To me "rm.75.00 get me 330-340km, with about 20% fuel in tank" is impressive, about RM0.18 per km. I can only get this in 100% highway.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Your discipline must be damn good.
Steady going 110~120kph and not sudden rev.
I think can hit this if going from Johor to Padang besar.

To me "rm.75.00 get me 330-340km, with about 20% fuel in tank" is impressive, about RM0.18 per km. I can only get this in 100% highway.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
when your pocket really empty, your right foot will surely be very light.

cooper1275

1,000 RPM
Jan 19, 2006
hi,
the good fuel consumption (from u guys feedback) comes mostly from the diameter n weight of rim & tires, after experimenting for the last couple of months, apart from de-carbonise engine,
weekly Karak highway to & fro Bentong (about120km.) has help the consumption too, average 320km is about 0.23/km.

tot i share it with u guys,

national3399

Jul 29, 2006
Hi Weikee,

How to find out whether the installed the 3L or 2.5L ecu into my car or not? It is true that I find my 2.5L has much higher consumption than my 3.0L feilo.

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Dream.tent and other sifus, about FC, I'm driving with ori A32 rim and tyre. FC is very good on highway, 18cents/km, but town driving, 28 cents/km. Previously I have the engine die off problem, but since I service the throttle body, the problem solve except that the FC still 28cents/km. Anything that I should look into it, overhaul the top? Any suggestion. One mechanic say I should also change the exhaust piping (piping from cat-converter to the rear part) after I de-cat, will this help? hope some one can help here. Thanks

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
decat will definitely help, cause your cat maybe clog after so many years of usage.

also try
- change fuel filter
- change air filter
- clean the afm

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Dream.tent and other sifus, about FC, I'm driving with ori A32 rim and tyre. FC is very good on highway, 18cents/km, but town driving, 28 cents/km. Previously I have the engine die off problem, but since I service the throttle body, the problem solve except that the FC still 28cents/km. Anything that I should look into it, overhaul the top? Any suggestion. One mechanic say I should also change the exhaust piping (piping from cat-converter to the rear part) after I de-cat, will this help? hope some one can help here. Thanks
Hi Ming Fei,

I'm doing 25cents/km mix town/highway now.
Original exhaust..(6 years old)

Suggest to have O2 sensor. Engine might be running a bit rich if O2 sensor is dead.

Changing exhaust will help but you are not fixing your original problem...(IMHO, you need to know why engine is drinking 28cents/km first loh)

Cheers..

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
yes, do check ur rear muffler n catalytic converter. u c, with the age of our rides, they usually rot n stuff with carbons n loose fibers. hence contributing to bad FC on town driving. u can de-cat n change the rear muffler but pls find a good muffler n not those chop wei yip type...

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Weikee, I have k&n air filter, but yet to change the fuel filter and clean the afm, will check these items. Thanks.

Dream.tent, I had an engine dianosed on my A32 last month and found that only knock sensor is faulty, so changed already. O2 sensors are OK. Anyway, what is the best method to check if the O2 sensor is dead? And how to determine it is running rich? What is the figure to check on?

Ong, I had de-cat and replace with only straight pipe in JFA, but someone said it is not the correct way. They said I still need a box instead of straight pipe. Lately, a mechanic said I should also change the exhaust piping after the cat-converter until the muffler.??? Ong, any good one that you can recommend?

Thanks for all the reply. Have a good holiday.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Since you dyno your car, they should tell you if your engine running ok.
from their Exhaust O2 sensor, they can tell if your engine is running lean or rich already.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Has been sometime since i visit ZTH loh.
Yah..change rim liao.

ming_fei

Nov 24, 2007
Dream.tent, after they changed the knock sensor, they dyno again and just say every is ok liao... every reading is about there-mah..... that is the wording that make me think they are doing it as "agar-agar" only and not expert leh!!! SO any good one to recommend for dyno ah?
One more thing, there is a sound of wrek....wrek when I pass through a bump, before and after. There is also sound of banging steel when I turn the steering wheel from one side to the other end (when the car is in stop position), klok...klok.... sound, what is this ah? any sifu can tell. Before this I had change the lower arm ball head, steering tie and some bushes st both side. Thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all Radiostar Customers, Visitors to our thread and ZTH members,

We would like to invite you to the Asian Festival Of Speed Race held this coming weekend 15th of May at the Sepang International Circuit (SIC).

For those of you who are curious what this race is all about, its an Asian car race held in Malaysia, Thailand, China and Korea. This top notch race which has international recognization is organized by our very own Malaysian company, Motorsport Asia.

Radiostar will be there...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience