What fuel u guys using?

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I just wonder what fuel u guys using after boosting up the engine....let say run at 1Bar of boost,RON 95 or RON 97?

Which brand of fuel do you guys feel it's good?

And if using RON 95 and add in octane booster,will it work like a higher RON fuel?

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Base calculation on Ron95 + octane booster the cost is cheaper than by using Ron97 itself but if we have the lab test result I think would be more confident by using this method. I also keen to know the result. Anyone expert can help here?

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Base calculation on Ron95 + octane booster the cost is cheaper than by using Ron97 itself but if we have the lab test result I think would be more confident by using this method. I also keen to know the result. Anyone expert can help here?
I also wanna do this way,damn,Pumping RON97 is damn pain man,nearly 1x more expensive then RON 95 while descend octane booster only cost around 15-20bucks that can treat whole tank full of petrol ~ much cheaper =)

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
my opinion,
for my car, pumping full tank of Esso Ron97 is around RM140++. let say RM150.
if using Ron95 is around RM95++. let say RM100.
if using Ron95 + octane booster (RM20++ or more), let say RM100 + RM20 = RM120.
so save around RM50 per full tank. with octane booster, save RM30 per full tank.
Ron97 can go slightly more mileage n a lot better performance. Ron95 is a lot cheaper, Ron95 + octane booster is slightly cheaper & improve the 95 performance, but ppl say that 97 is cleaner than 95. for long term, i think should maintain with 97. short term, slightly saving money, then maintain with 95.

As for me, I'm using 95 for my daily drive to work. and sometimes with 97 during the weekends or bla bla bla...

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ya we all know the money calculation but who can confirm 1 full tank Ron95 + octane booster will eviqualant to full tank of Ron97?

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I try with other brand of petrol,i found out the Esso/Mobil fuel is the most suitable fuel to my engine,like when i pumping Petronas,knocking underboost are really great,followed by Shell and BHP then Caltex......when using Mobil/Esso knocking is eliminated or will knock lightly on hot days....testing done with RON95 =)

About octane booster,i see on X1R and NOS one,they have rating,somekind like how much will they add octane value if added into petrol/gasoline content......eg.if the Octane Booster have 3Point of value,it will make a RON95 fuel behaves like a RON98 fuel ~

Will need to test it out 1st with my car as that bitch was really sensitive on what i gave her to drink :banghead:

May 7, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys, currently i'm using Ron 97 with torco ul accelerator octane booster, and i have to say i love it. I read it from some website which i forgot which one, there they have a chart stating that 250ml ul accelerator to a ratio of 5 liter Ron 97, it will boost up the octane to 111. You guys should try it at least once. ^_^

May 7, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
just like what motorsports say, i have also seen the chart somewhere maybe it's in torco website or what ever but i do remember the chart will boots up the octane to almost as it is racing fuel what octane or what ratio that one i have no idea, but anyway i have tried once on my putra and it really pickup the phase of my car....eheheheh

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ya we all know the money calculation but who can confirm 1 full tank Ron95 + octane booster will eviqualant to full tank of Ron97?
I've actually tested this, but butt testing only.

My Wira has a high compression setup so higher RON pumped in will result in different performance for the car. I ran RON97 for two fills before pumping in RON95 + octane booster. The result was poorer performance initially but after a day the car felt a little better. Not the same as RON97 but better than RON95 (if that makes any sense).

Perhaps the octane booster didn't mix completely initially so my car was taking in only RON95? I dunno. But it did feel better after a while. The mixture was supposed to be 50L per bottle, I pumped 36L and poured in the whole bottle anyway thinking I'd get better performance.

Conclusion is yes these boosters work but what RON you end up with I don't think it's as advertised by these bottles.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Mr.Moderator i think its not appropriate to pimp goods in discussion threads. *ahem*

My mechanic swears by Amsoil octane booster.. personally I think the more long term solution would be ron95+meth/h20 injection.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as I see from caburator engine, the intake of the air got a pipe which is connected to the ezos piping area
and I think the purpose is to suck in hot air to the caburator is it???
then y we change to cool air??

i need convince!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience