VTEC RON95 Myth

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Any more differences between the two?
Between which two? VPwrRacing fuel is actually worth the money. But regular usage will make you a poor man very fast.

The other Shell fuels seem to have gone down the drain in quality. I don't know the specifics and I'm saying this based on my own observation and trials btw. But the best working petrol to date (for me) is Petronas. Makes the car a completely different monster compared to the competitors. I only stick with Esso/Mobil/Petron because I got massive employee discounts. About 26% to be precise. :biggrin:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
My experience with Ron95 on my stock Civic ES, after a few months the O2 sensor is gone and it cost me RM8++ to change from Honda 3S. Since that changed back to Ron97.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My experience with Ron95 on my stock Civic ES, after a few months the O2 sensor is gone and it cost me RM8++ to change from Honda 3S. Since that changed back to Ron97.
Hmm.. I don't see how the O2 sensor is affected by your choice of petrol? :confused:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm.. I don't see how the O2 sensor is affected by your choice of petrol? :confused:
Could be the timing of O2 sensor break down, at the same time, change to Ron95, so think is because of that?:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Between which two? VPwrRacing fuel is actually worth the money. But regular usage will make you a poor man very fast.

The other Shell fuels seem to have gone down the drain in quality. I don't know the specifics and I'm saying this based on my own observation and trials btw. But the best working petrol to date (for me) is Petronas. Makes the car a completely different monster compared to the competitors. I only stick with Esso/Mobil/Petron because I got massive employee discounts. About 26% to be precise. :biggrin:
Actually for me I tried V Power Racing when first introduced. My VR actually ran rougher (don't know why?) and mileage drop too (more FC), and because of the cost, stop immediately.
Then when the Ron 95 and 97 subsidy issue, my friend who tried Shell FS Ron95 formula (Fuel Save), say gives him better power, but I told him my VR cannot run on Ron95, so he say try the Ron97 then. So I did, should not be any worse, so went and pump in full tank, and after driving slight distance can feel my VR giving less power. Then went to highway test run and immediately can feel loss of power, so went home and drain out the fuel and put it into me NA Hyundai and then pump back Esso Ron97...From then on did not use Shell anymore. The thing is Shell Fuel Save formula Ron95 and 97 was launch together. not long after my issue with Shell FS Ron97 they change and launch V power Ron 97? Could the Fuel Save Ron 97 had issues??????:confused::confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Could be the timing of O2 sensor break down, at the same time, change to Ron95, so think is because of that?:confused:
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Maybe it's just time to change the O2 sensor. And RM800 is ridiculously a lot for a O2 sensor!

Actually for me I tried V Power Racing when first introduced. My VR actually ran rougher (don't know why?) and mileage drop too (more FC), and because of the cost, stop immediately.
Then when the Ron 95 and 97 subsidy issue, my friend who tried Shell FS Ron95 formula (Fuel Save), say gives him better power, but I told him my VR cannot run on Ron95, so he say try the Ron97 then. So I did, should not be any worse, so went and pump in full tank, and after driving slight distance can feel my VR giving less power. Then went to highway test run and immediately can feel loss of power, so went home and drain out the fuel and put it into me NA Hyundai and then pump back Esso Ron97...From then on did not use Shell anymore. The thing is Shell Fuel Save formula Ron95 and 97 was launch together. not long after my issue with Shell FS Ron97 they change and launch V power Ron 97? Could the Fuel Save Ron 97 had issues??????:confused::confused:
Like I said man, the Vpower Racing fuel is loaded with cleaners, detergents and whatnots. It's not designed for power, it's for cleaning. Rough running I'm not surprised. You're probably better off to run about RM20 worth of VPR and then switching back to your regular petrol. It seriously does a lot to clean the intake valves and all.

Like I said - I don't know what they did to their petrols since I don't work for them and my friend who does is contractually obligated to keep his mouth shut. But he did tell me that it's RON97. That's about all I can tell you.

You should just stick with whatever brand that suites your car and stick with the same station where possible. Some station owners mix their fuels with other brands when demand is high like during CNY and all. They buy off trucks and I've personally seen a Shell station loading up on BP petrol.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Like I said man, the Vpower Racing fuel is loaded with cleaners, detergents and whatnots. It's not designed for power, it's for cleaning. Rough running I'm not surprised. You're probably better off to run about RM20 worth of VPR and then switching back to your regular petrol. It seriously does a lot to clean the intake valves and all.

Like I said - I don't know what they did to their petrols since I don't work for them and my friend who does is contractually obligated to keep his mouth shut. But he did tell me that it's RON97. That's about all I can tell you.

You should just stick with whatever brand that suites your car and stick with the same station where possible. Some station owners mix their fuels with other brands when demand is high like during CNY and all. They buy off trucks and I've personally seen a Shell station loading up on BP petrol.
Why I tried the VPR was because some friends who use mentioned better power....:confused:
Yah! stick to my usual Esso station near my place and always see the Esso truck dispensing the fuel there...:biggrin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
RON95 that bad, huh? Lucky my daihatsu engine can tolerate it :biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It's a shame that Projet isn't here anymore. It's the best fuel (at the time when it is still around) I've used.
I am sticking to Petronas ron95 coz the first time I tried it, I could tell the difference. I was a fan of caltex and it is good but not many stations around. I have tried the BHP advanced 2x whatsoever they name it and it is pretty good too. Power and fuel economically are there. But again, not many stations around so just stick to Petronas. Plus, I got mesra card.

It is kinda sad sometimes people, even many of my friends, are skeptical and have negative perspective towards Petronas. One is because it is a local company, second is that they hate the government. I just use whatever fits into my requirement.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i got less mileage when using petronas compared to other brand,dats y iam,avoiding it.. all my rides seem to hate shell for sum unknown reason,they ping and give even worse mileage compared to petronas.. *scratch head*

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
i got less mileage when using petronas compared to other brand,dats y iam,avoiding it.. all my rides seem to hate shell for sum unknown reason,they ping and give even worse mileage compared to petronas.. *scratch head*
Yes shell is the worst ever, but petronas for me is fine on all my car.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It all depends on car...diff car get diff result from various fuels. Shell is ok for my car...just that I have mesra card and petronas works just fine to me. But with my sister's wira, the exhaust smells weird with shell. No issue with petronas and caltex. I wonder why...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It's a shame that Projet isn't here anymore. It's the best fuel (at the time when it is still around) I've used.
I am sticking to Petronas ron95 coz the first time I tried it, I could tell the difference. I was a fan of caltex and it is good but not many stations around. I have tried the BHP advanced 2x whatsoever they name it and it is pretty good too. Power and fuel economically are there. But again, not many stations around so just stick to Petronas. Plus, I got mesra card.

It is kinda sad sometimes people, even many of my friends, are skeptical and have negative perspective towards Petronas. One is because it is a local company, second is that they hate the government. I just use whatever fits into my requirement.
I have got Smiles card and have one Esso and one Mobil station near my house.... :biggrin:

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
I have got Smiles card and have one Esso and one Mobil station near my house.... :biggrin:
Over here in Kuching, we only have Shell, Petronas and Excel. None others e.g Caltex, BP. So far, i've tried all, but only Shell suit the power n FC of my car. Tried Petronas Primax95, but it seems worst. Any others opinion on this?

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
The only real way to test which fuel is better is to do controlled test & dyno runs of each fuels on different vehicles...If not, it's just a matter of opinion...there are alot of factors to take into account....:hmmmm:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all....,

can someone tell me where to do that carbon-like sticker job for my car bonnet? in klang valley area... hv any of u guys done this?

how much will it cost probably....?

thanx :shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience