3stage Vtec gear oil

katak_pisang

Oct 11, 2006
Selangor
Need help from u guys..
I wonder what is gearbox oil for D15B 3stage Vtec, is it CVTF or ATF?
some mechanic said CVTF and some said ATF..
Thanks in advance

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i think he has a manual box, i have heard of people putting ATF in a manual box. i only gonna assume that was his intention but am unsure though. Btw gunner, is there any real gain from having a 3 stage vtec? im curious. i do apologize because i thought he was talking about stage 3 mods, lols. my bad.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i think he has a manual box, i have heard of people putting ATF in a manual box. i only gonna assume that was his intention but am unsure though. Btw gunner, is there any real gain from having a 3 stage vtec? im curious. i do apologize because i thought he was talking about stage 3 mods, lols. my bad.
based on his profile photo, maybe it's the old city engine? If so it's an auto.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Like Izso said, its ancient. I only read abt it as it comes out when my hair is still black and schools are still using blackboard.

Maybe during that time its designed to improve fc esp under normal driving.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
From Wiki.....lol

3-Stage VTEC is a version that employs three different cam profiles to control intake valve timing and lift. Due to this version of VTEC being designed around a SOHC valve head, space was limited; so VTEC can modify only the opening and closing of the intake valves. The low-end fuel economy improvements of VTEC-E and the performance of conventional VTEC are combined in this application. From idle to 2500-3000 RPM, depending on load conditions, one intake valve fully opens while the other opens just slightly, enough to prevent pooling of fuel behind the valve, also called 12-valve mode. This 12 Valve mode results in swirl of the intake charge which increases combustion efficiency, resulting in improved low end torque and better fuel economy. At 3000-5400 RPM, depending on load, one of the VTEC solenoids engages, which causes the second valve to lock onto the first valve's camshaft lobe. Also called 16-valve mode, this method resembles a normal engine operating mode and improves the mid-range power curve. At 5500-7000 RPM, the second VTEC solenoid engages (both solenoids now engaged) so that both intake valves are using a middle, third camshaft lobe. The third lobe is tuned for high-performance and provides peak power at the top end of the RPM range.

In newer version of 3-Stage i-VTEC combined VTC and PGM-FI to allow ECU to control full range of mode to archive greater fuel economy improvements and performance. Honda CR-Z able to switch between low-end mode and standard mode from 1000 rpm to 2250 rpm uninterrupted and engage to high cam mode from 2250 rpm upward on SOHC.

Reactions: Izso and scoupe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear ZTH forumers, I am very keen in learning on how to wash and detailing of cars. But, it seems quite hard for me to find any company offering workshops or classes as i need more hands on approach. I've been learning by myself through forums, mostly through videos in youtube. Been following and is a huge fan of Larry Kosilla of Ammo NYC. If any sifus out there provide such tutoring, please let me know a.s.a.p. Thank you in advance, and thank you admin, Mr. Tom for this great site. cheers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience