Unable to find answer for 96 and 99 civic. Please help!!!

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Everyone has cash to burn is just how much cash they are willing to burn. Sry bro for being poor :rolleyes:, not that I want too. But like I said ima just giving him a rough idea since he is asking if its possible. I could just be like you and say "go get a complete proper swap" But I don't really think that's relevant to his question. But anyway I fitted a 99 grill on my 96 bumper so that can be done :rolleyes:

I was looking for an aftermarket bumper, which isn't made out of fiber and doesn't look too monster, cos I like my car simple and nice on the outside :biggrin:. Any recommendations ?
Its your car and you make the choice. :)

Last edited:

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
Get your 96 bumper customized. Take out the protector and fill it with fiber. Not reliable but i think at least can last 1-2 yrs(by that time you may hav enuf $$ to convert to full spec 99). Put in EK9 98 skirt and grill. Job done, below 500 including the paint job ....

Bump: Get your 96 bumper customized. Take out the protector and fill it with fiber. Not reliable but i think at least can last 1-2 yrs(by that time you may hav enuf $$ to convert to full spec 99). Put in EK9 98 skirt and grill. Job done, below 500 including the paint job ....

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Get your 96 bumper customized. Take out the protector and fill it with fiber. Not reliable but i think at least can last 1-2 yrs(by that time you may hav enuf $$ to convert to full spec 99). Put in EK9 98 skirt and grill. Job done, below 500 including the paint job ....

Bump: Get your 96 bumper customized. Take out the protector and fill it with fiber. Not reliable but i think at least can last 1-2 yrs(by that time you may hav enuf $$ to convert to full spec 99). Put in EK9 98 skirt and grill. Job done, below 500 including the paint job ....
get a set of EK9 98 spec ori used for rm800 better la...

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
sorry guys.... borrow this thread while we on the subject of 99spec.

FYI, it's been quite some time since i've converted from 96>>99... Getting a 99spec makeover really freshen the car's look. But I a bit fed up cuz there is a gap between the grille and bumper.. :confused::confused: (an quite a big gap actually)

BTW, I do understand bout poor fittings on aftermarket parts.... but all my parts are OEM new except (used ori) headlights and bonnet. And upon comparing Hikaru-san avatar in 99 forum, damn......

I do encounter a small fender-bender while in 96spec... I suspect my front frame the prime suspect for my situation..... So i hope any sifus can clarify this before i buy the damn frame. Thank you........:burnout:

Last edited:

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
get a set of EK9 98 spec ori used for rm800 better la...
Yeah its true, but its kinda hard to find this bumper.
Furthermore if he really willing to spend up to 800 he should have gone for 99 spec instead ...

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
sorry guys.... borrow this thread while we on the subject of 99spec.

FYI, it's been quite some time since i've converted from 96>>99... Getting a 99spec makeover really freshen the car's look. But I a bit fed up cuz there is a gap between the grille and bumper.. :confused::confused: (an quite a big gap actually)

BTW, I do understand bout poor fittings on aftermarket parts.... but all my parts are OEM new except (used ori) headlights and bonnet. And upon comparing Hikaru-san avatar in 99 forum, damn......

I do encounter a small fender-bender while in 96spec... I suspect my front frame the prime suspect for my situation..... So i hope any sifus can clarify this before i buy the damn frame. Thank you........:burnout:
you already answered yourself with your question.

Anywa, care to show a picture of your front end?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Yeah its true, but its kinda hard to find this bumper.
Furthermore if he really willing to spend up to 800 he should have gone for 99 spec instead ...
Sasuke aka Simon got 1 set...

if u compare the price of rm1299 for 99spec... those cheapy local fiber bumper wth TW parts... i got no other to says...:smokin:

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
err, the one that tie our headlamp, radiator to our chassis.... The one tat gt plat stating chasis no. and air-cond gas....:hmmmm::hmmmm: dunno how to explain.:sleep:

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
err, the one that tie our headlamp, radiator to our chassis.... The one tat gt plat stating chasis no. and air-cond gas....:hmmmm::hmmmm: dunno how to explain.:sleep:
Radiator Support

Why would you wanna change that? You don't have to change that to do 99-00 conversion.

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
Radiator Support

Why would you wanna change that? You don't have to change that to do 99-00 conversion.
Ald did 99 conversion, juz tat involved in minor fender bender while on 96spec... Then now in
99spec but not satisfied cuz got gap between grille and bumper (and between fender and headlights). i suspect the radiator support is the culprit, so if wanna change to new 1.... How much?? Thks:proud:

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
That's very difficult to say if you have front end collision before. You can have the gap minimized pretty easy without swapping the radiator panel.

After all, I dun know how serious was your accident and what's the impact on current set up. I will replace a new radiator support if the existing one is deformed.

but what the hack, I don't think it cost a lot for an used radiator support so just replace it.
I think it's about rm100~150 but if you wanna buy it new then it's gonna cost an arm or a leg.

Do you have picture of your current car? I really dunno how serious is serious.

I was very particular on these fitment as well the more I look at JDM EK. From my understanding our local EJ has different fitment standard than those in Japan. When I went to US, I can see the fitment standard is kinda different as well.

Usually EJ hood is sitting a bit too forward and the gap is slightly larger between grille and hood.

The US and Japan EK has the hood sits slightly backward which is flusehd from hood to grille if you view it from the side.

It wasn't easy for me to achieve this even I brought my car to professional panel shop coz they didn't waste much time on my ride. I went back and adjust them back myself. Put them on, take it down and do adjustment, put them back, take them off, do adjustment.... etc.

Last edited:

drewn123

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
OK... This is my car's front pic.:biggrin:

Pic 1
-The headlamp and bumper is not flush... i.e. the headlight's is poking out
-The bumper and fender are not allign properly, funny cuz it seems tat the bumper will misalign itself after awhile.:stupid::stupid: Even though it's been screwed up properly.
Front4.jpg
View attachment 179043

Pic 2
-Last time fender-bender on the driver side, so u can c tat there is a bigger gap between the grille and bumper ON the driver side....
Front2.jpg

Pic 3
-There's a gap between headlights and fender......
Front3.jpg

I hope this can clarify a little, thanks for ur info.....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm a 18 years old student, driving wira aeroback 1.3 ori engine (i think its ori, somtimes) with 1.5 interior 1.6 body (wtf?, its is true, no lies and i hate that alot) original grey.... I'm getting my car into whole metalic / pearl white with blue base, but i want to do some air brush on my bornet with mashimaro picture :biggrin: and some tribal on the side...any senior out there have good advise for me? :smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience