Unable to find answer for 96 and 99 civic. Please help!!!

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
Guys,

I know that this has been discussed before in previous threads and i have made the search but i still could not find the answer. I am hoping that somebody can help to answer my folowing questions once and for all. My questions are:

1 . Is the 99 headlight a direct fit into my 96 body? I want to change to projector headlights but one shop told me that the mountings are different for the 99 headlights. Is this true?

2. Can i just change the bumper from 96 to 99? I mean, will the fenders and hood be affected because of the 99 bumper? Is it also a direct fitting too? i would like to make the full rear conversion but in the front i was thinking of changing the bumper only, not fenders or hoods. Is this possible?

I hope there are some sifus that can give me the ultimate answer. Thank you.

G.

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
Actually, you can get away with just the 99 bumper, keep ur 96 lights and fenders, but it wud look awkward. Really awkward. But it wud fit.

And yes, the 99 headlights are squared off at the sides, hence the need for the 99 fenders.

And since the lights are different, it would need the matching 99 hood as well.

If i were you, I'd stay away from the aftermarket projectors. Crappy output. REALLY crappy output. I'd be better of with stock lights, retrofitted with HID's the PROPER way. Or, do a projector retrofit, swap in some E46 eyeballs, and HID's easy DIY. Badabing badaboom. Done many times already

Hope that answers ur Q.

Last edited by a moderator:

webeck948

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
Hello killa626, since you got the topic started, I hope you dont mind if I borrowed your thread for a while?I wondering if the rear lip from 99 bumper (LLPU 4031) could fit onto a 96 bumper via plug and play?

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Guys,

I know that this has been discussed before in previous threads and i have made the search but i still could not find the answer. I am hoping that somebody can help to answer my folowing questions once and for all. My questions are:

1 . Is the 99 headlight a direct fit into my 96 body? I want to change to projector headlights but one shop told me that the mountings are different for the 99 headlights. Is this true?

2. Can i just change the bumper from 96 to 99? I mean, will the fenders and hood be affected because of the 99 bumper? Is it also a direct fitting too? i would like to make the full rear conversion but in the front i was thinking of changing the bumper only, not fenders or hoods. Is this possible?

I hope there are some sifus that can give me the ultimate answer. Thank you.

G.
you can't find the answer? all you have to do is SEARCH the forum.

The information is readily available in every single forum that you can find from the internet.

It's been asked thousand times.

So move your fat hand and start

Last edited:

drive4fun

Jul 29, 2008
Answer for your question number 2.

I think its possible to fit a 99 bumper on a 96 civic body but I haven't tried it yet. I mean I got a friend who owns a satria and fitted a eg bumper on it with a little bit of workmanship n customization ,so I don't see why it can't be done for a civic if you got cash to burn. Just go to your trusted mudguard mech, ask him to potong here and there abit should be able to fit :biggrin:. But make sure the mudgard fella workmanship good la cos or else your bumper will end up like :thefinger:, and you will have to get a new one.

I actually plan to get this done too cause I don't really like the idea of my EJ getting smaller headlamps, but I just adore the 99 bumper :biggrin:

Last edited:

shfish

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Just do the complete 96-99 face lift and it will give your EJ a second life. It will make your ride look as good as new.

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Answer for your question number 2.

I think its possible to fit a 99 bumper on a 96 civic body but I haven't tried it yet. I mean I got a friend who owns a satria and fitted a eg bumper on it with a little bit of workmanship n customization ,so I don't see why it can't be done for a civic if you got cash to burn. Just go to your trusted mudguard mech, ask him to potong here and there abit should be able to fit :biggrin:. But make sure the mudgard fella workmanship good la cos or else your bumper will end up like :thefinger:, and you will have to get a new one.

I actually plan to get this done too cause I don't really like the idea of my EJ getting smaller headlamps, but I just adore the 99 bumper :biggrin:
If you really have the cash to burn, then why on earth will you do the ghetto job instead of getting the complete proper swap?

99-00 bumper alone won't fit with the rest of the 96-98 bodyparts simply because it won't line up with grille, headlights and fenders. The only way is cut the bumper horizontally and put both bumper together but imo it's fugly.

Do the full swap

or

get a 96-98 aftermarket bumper like air walker, buddyclub etc.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
some ppl prefer oem JDM while others prefer customising... if the end result looks ok i don't see why you (killa) shouldn't do it. beauty lies in the eye of the beholder...

drive4fun

Jul 29, 2008
If you really have the cash to burn, then why on earth will you do the ghetto job instead of getting the complete proper swap?

99-00 bumper alone won't fit with the rest of the 96-98 bodyparts simply because it won't line up with grille, headlights and fenders. The only way is cut the bumper horizontally and put both bumper together but imo it's fugly.

Do the full swap

or

get a 96-98 aftermarket bumper like air walker, buddyclub etc.
Everyone has cash to burn is just how much cash they are willing to burn. Sry bro for being poor :rolleyes:, not that I want too. But like I said ima just giving him a rough idea since he is asking if its possible. I could just be like you and say "go get a complete proper swap" But I don't really think that's relevant to his question. But anyway I fitted a 99 grill on my 96 bumper so that can be done :rolleyes:

I was looking for an aftermarket bumper, which isn't made out of fiber and doesn't look too monster, cos I like my car simple and nice on the outside :biggrin:. Any recommendations ?

CA Gan

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
Hi Killa626,

I'm suggesting you to go to any half cut shop to search for 99 specs bodykit which most probably u can get original 99 specs rather than buy a new sets of bodykit shop unless u couldn't find any.

I have done mine (96 --> completely 99) but all conversion done at bodykit shop.

Good Luck!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My dash is getting worn out after contantly being left in the sun. wonder if there is any place that offers dashboard rewrapping services??

has anyone done it before and how much are the charges?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience