Tyre choices.

zamnov

Known Member
Dec 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
shiroitenshi said:
You're not the first person to complain about AD07's wet grip.. :)

Anyway... probably the only way I'm getting those RE-01R is by mail order this time.

Those R888's are looking more delicious by the minute... who cares about the wear.. I think I'm going to get those.. I'll report later on how it goes.
Had the same experience with AD07s during wet conditions too. But excellent grip during dry conditions.

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
anyone here using falken st115?
i'm experiencing some noise distortion, find it quite annoying.. but i'm also suspecting wheel bearing..

so i'm here to ask, anyone using these set of tyres and causing loud noise?

kikaider

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
I've beem running on AD07s for about 2 years now. I would have to disagree on the comments made of it being bad in wet. I think its excellent in wet conditions. For a tyre that produces so much grip in the dry, it really grips in the wet. I have experienced very little aquaplaning, close to none. The steering never tries to run off when it hits a puddle. I think the AD07s are the ultimate street tyre, for the trackday junkies. I would like to try out the A048s next. Does anyone know how much the A048 cost for 16"?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Hmm.. I wonder if you meet deep puddles enough to cause aquaplaning.. sure, on in the wet, there is still grip, but I think when people talk about aquaplaning... it's those damn puddles that are 1-2 inches deep that's ever present on Malaysian roadways.. :P

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
i agree dat AD07 sux in wet weather....m running on my 2nd set of fours now.....dry no chance 2 complain..wet?my previous Silverstone FTZ MUCH MUCH better...honest!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Silverstone FTZ oso have those large grooves for water evacutation right? (I think).. dunno about other people.. but I think those large grooves are giving the okay grip during the monsoon seasons.

eater_eg6

500 RPM
Feb 15, 2004
east coast
www.geocities.com
^Dreamerz^ said:
anyone here using falken st115?
i'm experiencing some noise distortion, find it quite annoying.. but i'm also suspecting wheel bearing..

so i'm here to ask, anyone using these set of tyres and causing loud noise?
i used st115 b4...no prob for me.... good grip in dry n wet.. :)

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
shiro,
yup...dats d reason FTZ has very good wet grip...but mind u..i've driven in d old BT3 twice n once in SIC w d old FTZs...not dat bad ler actually..acceptable oso....

eater,
ST115 is good but i dun like it coz its kinda "mild" 4 me...n it won squel eventho its @ its maximum gripping point dy...it'll just throw u off without any warning...dats how i felt ler...

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
eater_eg6 said:
i used st115 b4...no prob for me.... good grip in dry n wet.. :)
silent?
i'm okay wif the performance.. but its just the noise i'm curious about.. bcuz i was told it is quiet, but now its quite loud for me..

FTZ, very noisy tyres.. use for a longer period then got bukit-bukit already..

for me, GIII is quite good... good in the dry n good in the wet.. silent too! :_:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
sorry if i missed out the previous pages, but anyone here using yokohama parada spec-2? might wanna get one set soon. the tread design looks very menacing, but one of the GRA participant mentioned that using this tyres caused his car to understeer more so he switched it to the rear.

the only problem for this tyre (based from one of the online reviews) is that it is noisy.. so what do u guys think? from the tread i could say it gives good cornering traction. ..but how about on wet road? been using yoko es100, falken ze326 and toyo trampio vimode. so far i think the best i ever used is the trampio. very grippy during both wet n dry condition, but aquaplaning resistance is not really good la. haha. the car tends to swerve vicously sometimes..

this is the parada spec 2.

Last edited:

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
very fierce looking thread.. very attractive to me, enlighten me with the prices and performance of this tyres..

16 inch... = )

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
lightningfield,
how many times i wanna tell u huh?lu mau good grip both wet n dry,lagi mau senyap n impressive treadware...sendiri bikin lar..ahahhahaha

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
I dun really know much about the performance semislick tyres, but I'm using the Blackbird Hancook which is not too bad though.
Both performance gripping and silience are equal, they are quite lasting too.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
Opt-ion,
care 2 share more details like d size ur using?price?n whr u got 'em frm?thx

kikaider

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
For me the AD07s are good enough in the wet. Anyways, i would like to know more bout the Parada. Is it at the level of the A048??

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have a question is ..currentlu ..
i have installed a RSM in my car ..and when im on IDling my rsm can go to 4-11k rev on it on self while my car is not movin ..
and the Speedo meter that i running on KMPH and the RSM is not moving ..
i have fix the RSM on Sunway AMoil ..but they said is my wiring problem..im using VR4 engine with original ECU ..double check of Wiring connect to rsm..and there is not cut off and etc..

what the meaning of Output Select in RSM SP1 ?
what is Sp0 /...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience