Type-R upgrades

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Sent to fstrader, zthmember, i think he can do...but no point since it is still not enough if u go high performance....i am using hwl hi lo but still feel not much stable in hi speed cornering as compared to my tein last time.. Not too long before i gonna change it..lol

Dont mention cornering, on the straight road if i go 150 already feel like a boat. u know la how jalan kuching is. bumpy here n there. i need a stiffer one. but still searching for a good n reliable also still kumpul budget.:biggrin:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
haha. suddenly talk about suspension ah?

if you think engine mod is expensive, coilovers are in a league by itself. I swear by monotube coilovers, it is lasting, servicable and very stable at speed. I used torun 12kg front and 10kg rear, 8kg rear now.

But of course got negatives. below 40kmh, you will feel every small pebble on the road. but at highway, people see you corner from behind, its like your car doesn't roll at all.

but it also restricts you to high grip tires. above a certain spring rate, those regular tires won't grip at all, esp. at the rear. the front it's not so bad, since it causes understeer, and most people are more used to that than oversteer. My setup is for oversteer, so its a bit scary if you overspeed into a turn.

recently trying 8kg springs, seems like its a sweet spot, steering feels more neutral, but bodyroll increased.

but these rear spring rates, you don't want to run normal tires, at least semis, normal tires, you'll oversteer/spin easily.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
haha. suddenly talk about suspension ah?

if you think engine mod is expensive, coilovers are in a league by itself. I swear by monotube coilovers, it is lasting, servicable and very stable at speed. I used torun 12kg front and 10kg rear, 8kg rear now.

But of course got negatives. below 40kmh, you will feel every small pebble on the road. but at highway, people see you corner from behind, its like your car doesn't roll at all.

but it also restricts you to high grip tires. above a certain spring rate, those regular tires won't grip at all, esp. at the rear. the front it's not so bad, since it causes understeer, and most people are more used to that than oversteer. My setup is for oversteer, so its a bit scary if you overspeed into a turn.

recently trying 8kg springs, seems like its a sweet spot, steering feels more neutral, but bodyroll increased.

but these rear spring rates, you don't want to run normal tires, at least semis, normal tires, you'll oversteer/spin easily.

Err... my noob question.. what is monotube coilovers?? ahaha.. gimme example of it. Hehehe.. normal tires wont run? If dat case, Toyo T1R, Falken Ziex 912 cant use eh? Semi's means at least av to use Toyo R888 rite?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
google better. can see the diagram/cutaway of monotube vs. twin tube.

it just means that there is only one tube. due to the design, it is much more smooth than twin, hard to explain, if you made the switch, you'll understand what i mean by its sensitive.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
personally I think the best bang for buck monotube right now would be the gab ss

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hmm...I knw tis is about car crimes and security post but my story is not relate 2 car crimes n security 1...jst wanna share a story which experienced by myself...

hmm...i was studied at penang n which my hometown at sungai petani which at kedah state...it happend at the sunday night which i m going 2 penang...i was b with my fren with my fren drive another car...here is the story..whn i was at the highway,the traffic gt abit jam...so only can 100km/h at the 2nd lane...whn i see rear view...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience