Type-R upgrades

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
97 all the way..lol
PeterJ..

Mun tune pakei RON95 blh juak ka sik? Hehehe.. im really intrested in getting those B20 mods. Just budget are my blocking factor now. I wanna learn first. Ok. Do i av to use any aftermarket High CR piston into those B20 block? Or can i use lets say B18CR piston with B20 conrod and crank into those B20? Playing with 11CR of ITR.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Unsacred,

AFAIK, B18C piston is 81mm and B20B bore is 84mm. U can still use oem 84mm B20B pistons. Not necessary to change to high compression pistons unless if u want more power. The cheaper option would be using the TX3 pistons which are 84mm or CF4 pistons which are 85mm. If 85mm, u need to rebore your block. Hope this helps.

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Unsacred,

AFAIK, B18C piston is 81mm and B20B bore is 84mm. U can still use oem 84mm B20B pistons. Not necessary to change to high compression pistons unless if u want more power. The cheaper option would be using the TX3 pistons which are 84mm or CF4 pistons which are 85mm. If 85mm, u need to rebore your block. Hope this helps.
Thanks! Just for oem b20 84mm piston, how much is the compression ratio?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Around 9:1. 9.X:1 cant remember

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Ok. Now come my big question. Hehe.

What does compression do with? Bigger compression means more power or little compression means more economical fuel consumption? SiR piston come with 10.4CR. CTR piston is 10.8CR while ITR makes 11.1CR. So if i were using B20 piston on SiR head, does it bring my power down since it have lower compression ratio?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Alamak, I dunno how to explain this la. Hahhaa

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
valve pockets can be cut slightly deeper. cost depend on the engineering shop

compression, read the ron95 read, explained there already.

I always prefer a rebore and hone, because if you want power, you want good ring seal, and you won't get that by taking pistons and putting them in without at least a hone , and if use different piston without rebore, you also risk piston seize when you stress the engine.

pistons aren't exactly the same even if they are 84mm. the skirts can vary by 0.1-0.2mm and sometimes that is the difference between the piston seize or not.

those old school mechs will tell you can do one, but your engine won't last. putting in piston without rebore or hone is workable, but not when you want high performance.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
valve pockets can be cut slightly deeper. cost depend on the engineering shop

compression, read the ron95 read, explained there already.

I always prefer a rebore and hone, because if you want power, you want good ring seal, and you won't get that by taking pistons and putting them in without at least a hone , and if use different piston without rebore, you also risk piston seize when you stress the engine.

pistons aren't exactly the same even if they are 84mm. the skirts can vary by 0.1-0.2mm and sometimes that is the difference between the piston seize or not.

those old school mechs will tell you can do one, but your engine won't last. putting in piston without rebore or hone is workable, but not when you want high performance.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
Good explaination.. thanks.:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I read the wiki about compression ratio.. And to put it in the simplest way, higher compression ratio gives bigger power with less fuel use. Means the efficiency of the combustion are good. This are achieved through a correct mixture of air/fuel, and a good ignition system. Means high power+efficient fuel. Correct me if im wrong.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Sure can run ron95 with stock b20 or even with a 11.1 comp, tuning is the key... Stock b20 bout 9.6 9.8 to 1 the compression, but some how, new gen b20 if you lucky to get 1, compression is 10:1.. But some how, what i heard is, even u can machine the valve pocket, try not over do it, reliability will be an issue...and my point just now to machine the valve pocket is not to put high cam, it is that stock b20 valve is smaller then those b series with vtec, so the piston valve pocket also smaller as compare to b series vtec.. That is why need to machine....

I believe sometimes i need modern way of doing the engine, but somehow,these fucking experience mech ,old one, their experience seriously cant be underestimated, for example, they fitting bearing, no strip been use, simple torque wrench torque to the number they think ok, turn the crank testing with their magic hands, then ok liao...damn, lot of ppl having oil pressure problem if they do like that, but, none problem for him...what i know is, these guy experienced from doing honda engine repeatly, so i trusted him, somehow many powerful and reliable vtec engine built by him at my place, quite famous though, almost 55years old and do car at own house only....

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

And , the old school mach got rehone my block..lol

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Sure can run ron95 with stock b20 or even with a 11.1 comp, tuning is the key... Stock b20 bout 9.6 9.8 to 1 the compression, but some how, new gen b20 if you lucky to get 1, compression is 10:1.. But some how, what i heard is, even u can machine the valve pocket, try not over do it, reliability will be an issue...and my point just now to machine the valve pocket is not to put high cam, it is that stock b20 valve is smaller then those b series with vtec, so the piston valve pocket also smaller as compare to b series vtec.. That is why need to machine....

I believe sometimes i need modern way of doing the engine, but somehow,these fucking experience mech ,old one, their experience seriously cant be underestimated, for example, they fitting bearing, no strip been use, simple torque wrench torque to the number they think ok, turn the crank testing with their magic hands, then ok liao...damn, lot of ppl having oil pressure problem if they do like that, but, none problem for him...what i know is, these guy experienced from doing honda engine repeatly, so i trusted him, somehow many powerful and reliable vtec engine built by him at my place, quite famous though, almost 55years old and do car at own house only....

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

And , the old school mach got rehone my block..lol

Peter
Whos ur mech? My mech is Luth at Demak. for tuning i always go to amads.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Luth?! Hahaha... U try ask him who is ah nak, but dont tell him why u ask....

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Luth?! Hahaha... U try ask him who is ah nak, but dont tell him why u ask....
Ahaha.. ok bro. eh ur place ada sik buat service absorber? Change to new oil to make it stiffer.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Haha...no one in kuching so far can do it lar i think, we liveon trees dont we? Lol.... What absorber u using? Even the vtec garage got taking order service adjustable, they sent to semenanjung actually..

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Im using Coilover on the stock EG6 absorber.. i did ask amad. he said cant do for stock. only for aftermarket. ijau tein, red gab. but also sent to kl. hehe

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Sent to fstrader, zthmember, i think he can do...but no point since it is still not enough if u go high performance....i am using hwl hi lo but still feel not much stable in hi speed cornering as compared to my tein last time.. Not too long before i gonna change it..lol

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ai......im juz bc to my hometown..seeing my evo3 lying at the carpark with Dust..so kesian......

so i go n start........but i feels like no power la compare to las time...turbo still working la....but jus like no torque la....d car cannot pull.....cannot stick to the seats.....i dun hv boost meter..so dunno boost level..

so anyone know how to gv more torque????? boost up again???so any other things?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience