Turbocharged 20V Blacktop

E6XLancer

Known Member
May 2, 2010
1 Malaysia
Mine RM80 RON97 250km. nice FC ? haha probably my foot is heavy.

by the way E6x can control. i did it. there is a function (i forgot the name) which can triggers at which rpm and off at which rpm. U can use that to open and off VVT.

you will probably ask why am i so sure? because i have VVT light indicator.
which mechanic do this project to your car:biggrin: i'll going to BT Turbo not very far...but im using on A/T gear...N0 5 speed or 6 Speed:driver:

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
which mechanic do this project to your car:biggrin: i'll going to BT Turbo not very far...but im using on A/T gear...N0 5 speed or 6 Speed:driver:
in Kota Kinabalu GP Racing at budusan. We went on both street and dyno tune. auto standalone can ? or only piggyback>?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

bro tonyops,

so what is your plan now? lets share and we will help you.

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
in Kota Kinabalu GP Racing at budusan. We went on both street and dyno tune. auto standalone can ? or only piggyback>?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

bro tonyops,

so what is your plan now? lets share and we will help you.
I think i'll stick back to NA.. seems like turbocharging it is not easy with blacktop.. :biggrin::biggrin:

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
I think i'll stick back to NA.. seems like turbocharging it is not easy with blacktop.. :biggrin::biggrin:
Yes. Good decision. Dont change management system as well. Stick to stock if i were you. If need turbocharged 4AG, then get 4AGZE and convert it. Use emanage enough.Trust me.. you'll satisfy with the power already.

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
Thanks for ur wise advise vh-101
Luckily i start this thread first, if not later buta-buta go and turbocharge it and give me tons of headache, then it's definitely not worth investing at all...

TERIMA KASIH SEMUA SIFU-SIFU DI SINI!!!

chek_corolla

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
well, always know what you want to achieve.
Set target and not just buta buta do it. You can always build a wow factor, but it might drive like shit and suck your wallet dry

klgauto

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 27, 2004
Klang Sentral
www.klgauto.zoomshare.com
talk less do more and do it right :listen:

attached my ex engine 4age16v turbocharge 370whp @ 1.5bar 10krpm ,

play 4a turbo for the past 7 yrs and did a lots of 4a turbo for my other friend car as well .

now switch to sr20det :banghead: but still miss a lots of the feel of 4agte

plan to built 1 ultimate 4agte in future .

Attachments

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
NA - keep it NA
wanna TURBO - go for TURBO
Good principle, but..
Sometimes, it is not the result. It is the journey...

Sorry bro i dont mean to look down or what but with that kind of mods i think is better to keep that 20v NA. because with piggy back for 20v turbo and that turbo, you wont got any satisfaction of power. Bear in mind in your mod list fuel pump and regulator is very important too. Mayb you can use 1j injectors as gZE injector is not the same type with 20v.

Well, if lets say piggy back i would say take 4AGZE, take out the charger and bolt the turbo. then that power is very very good with TD04 and Emanage. Trust me i have few friends here are using these setup and the results are good too.
Bro ah... I know you not looking down.. But I disagree that you say "won't get any satisfaction of power" Sure got one ;). The question is, for how long only. I believe torque is addictive, and for enthusiast like us, we have this sickness that always hunger for more. Of course can;t comapre with your mods. Your's is like God mode already la! And your power gain can satisfy you for a long time I guess? But what I've written here is a mod with a "budget constraint". Of course if we are not limited by budget, we will all got for the max-out mods... Sometimes, it's not about making max power of winning or what. It is the journey that counts... What we learn and experience along these projects...

About the fuel regulator, I've missed that out.

About the fuel pump thing, I've seen it down with and without an additional fuel pump. Depends on boost.

About the injectors, I know what you mean. The BT ones are side feed and GZE ones are top feed right? But I wasn't referring to GZE injectors here. I've seen a "BT turbo injector" for sale in mudah. But i really don't know what brand is it or manufacturer because didn't care to click.

About turbo conversion to the GZE, I know it;s a lot more easier and reliable, but it's a waste to give up the good flowing BT head and VVT.

Well bro, of coz NA is much much more fuel saving and easy to maintain. For me my 20v turbo is just my weekend car. Cant tahan lah it consume lots of fuel because its a standalone system. if piggy back of coz more fuel saving.

For the general questions, why mod a high compression turbo? Can't really answer you but the result is magnificent as you have 4-throttles with more valves turbo. But.... there is always a but.. to get less headache, pls go for 4agze and bolt turbo by throwing away the charger lah. If 20v turbo, you'll have to get a very good tuner and need to match the VVT opening and closing with a good Standalone. Bear in mind that Microtech is very very difficult to control 20v 4 throttle and unable to trigger VVT. Only Haltech can trigger it (e.g. ON and OFF). You need to off the VVT if the VVT is on all the way you HP on the Dyno graph will not go up. We cannot use VVT like VTEC function to trigger.

so please get ask the tuner what you wan before get the right management system.
I believe whether it is fuel consuming or not, it depends on the tuning. A turbo doesn't necessarily need to be more thirsty than NA. Most "light turbo" is more economical than NA.

I'm a noob on microtech and haltech and standalone systems.... But what's wrong with piggyback. Let the ECU control the VVT and let the piggyback control the fuel and ignition???

I guess I have to disagree with u a little... I'm not sure what do u mean by high fuel consumption on a turbocharged standalone.

I am using a standalone on my turbocharged 1.6L system with FIC 750cc injectors(Yeah, I know it's oversized, but I got it at a dirt cheap price) on my daily drive. So far, no issue with fuel consumption. RM80 full tank RON 95, can go all up to 430KM cruising and slightly spirited driving. Which was better than my friend's 20V BT by stock.....

Standalone is Microtech LT10s with X4. It's the matter of how low your injection timing(ms) can go. Also, how low in terms of duty cycle your injector can maintain stability. Most of the injectors doesn't go well with <0.2% duty cycle.

So, here is the thing. Turbo charging/supercharging is just a method to pre-compress the air before it goes into the powerplant. But, at non boost effective RPM for entitled turbo, u can opt to increase the ignition timing slightly and tune it slightly lean. This is because low compression engine will tends to predetonate much much lesser on idle and cruise. I had mine 15.3-16.0:1 on idle and cruise. No drama.

On a high compression engine, the chances for it to detonate when lean and advanced ignition timing is higher on idle/cruise compare to low compression. So, u have to always stay stoic or slighly rich.

Unless if u're boosting the engine the moment u start the engine, i don't see why TC/SC will consume more fuel than NA.

I have to agree with troublesome maintenance of the engine. But if maintain well, it shouldn't be a problem.

yah, btw Haltech E6x cannot control VVT. Only E11 v2 can. Platinum S1000 or higher can.
Microtech LT16 can also.

Just my 2 cents.
Damn. Agree.

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
Good principle, but..
Sometimes, it is not the result. It is the journey...

Bro ah... I know you not looking down.. But I disagree that you say "won't get any satisfaction of power" Sure got one ;). The question is, for how long only. I believe torque is addictive, and for enthusiast like us, we have this sickness that always hunger for more. Of course can;t comapre with your mods. Your's is like God mode already la! And your power gain can satisfy you for a long time I guess? But what I've written here is a mod with a "budget constraint". Of course if we are not limited by budget, we will all got for the max-out mods... Sometimes, it's not about making max power of winning or what. It is the journey that counts... What we learn and experience along these projects...

About the fuel regulator, I've missed that out.

About the fuel pump thing, I've seen it down with and without an additional fuel pump. Depends on boost.

About the injectors, I know what you mean. The BT ones are side feed and GZE ones are top feed right? But I wasn't referring to GZE injectors here. I've seen a "BT turbo injector" for sale in mudah. But i really don't know what brand is it or manufacturer because didn't care to click.

About turbo conversion to the GZE, I know it;s a lot more easier and reliable, but it's a waste to give up the good flowing BT head and VVT.

I believe whether it is fuel consuming or not, it depends on the tuning. A turbo doesn't necessarily need to be more thirsty than NA. Most "light turbo" is more economical than NA.

I'm a noob on microtech and haltech and standalone systems.... But what's wrong with piggyback. Let the ECU control the VVT and let the piggyback control the fuel and ignition???

Damn. Agree.
Thanks dont too angkat me ler, my mod is nth compare to others loh.. i am using budget budget also too :adore: i think if other more budget will go for like aftermarket pistons and rod those, ball bearing turbo perhaps. mine journal bearing now.

Yes i am totally agree with you, what we learn is the experience from this project. I believe a good tuner can give you economical. Previously i was on NA and standalone, No power and not economical at all. Bad experience and decision to go for Microtech 20v NA. No offence, but Microtech for 16v is good.

Yes you can let the piggy back control the fuel and ignition, but you'll still have some limitations. Well but nowadays piggyback is very powerful like Unichip.. So i cant say much maybe piggyback for NA convert to turbo can do the right job also. As i always told my friends, "Japanese already fine tuned for us for daily and power, why lah u wan to kacaux2 their tuning and make your own tuning"

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
20v VVT is system is on-off system,All Haltechs and Microtechs or any standalone ecu with on-off auxilary output can control that...even Apexi RSM can be used to control VVT(but just can control ON RPM only,cannot off after it is on unless RPM falls below ON RPM)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
so, 4A-GZTE it is..

16v Supercharged Turbo with standalone ECU

:biggrin:

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
20v VVT is system is on-off system,All Haltechs and Microtechs or any standalone ecu with on-off auxilary output can control that...even Apexi RSM can be used to control VVT(but just can control ON RPM only,cannot off after it is on unless RPM falls below ON RPM)
Bro i think i have to disagree with you on that. My Haltech E6X can on and off. I set on at 3500 and off at 5500rpm. There is a function, but i know its not the VTEC. Not sure if is the aircond on function, i will check and let you know

Mircotech LT10s i did not try to ON VVT before because all my aux output has been used up.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Sifu vh-101, im newbie here, driving BT 6 speed ae111.......
what is the different btw 4AGTE n 4AGZE turbo with same modding......thanks .........plan to mod my car also in nere future.....

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Sifu vh-101, im newbie here, driving BT 6 speed ae111.......
what is the different btw 4AGTE n 4AGZE turbo with same modding......thanks .........plan to mod my car also in nere future.....
4A-GTE is not produce by Toyota.. it is a modified version of 4AGE with turbo..

4A-GZE turbo is a 4A-GZE engine plus a custom-made turbo..

if u wanna turbocharge ur BT, get a stronger internals such as forged piston, forged conrod, etc.. so that ur engine won't blow up :wink:

then u can custom a turbo on ur engine..

hope that helps

Gudluck :burnout:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good Morning, we are working on a Honda City again. Although its a common car, but its definitely not to be neglected in terms of protection.

Upon arrival, we moved the car to a accessible position for the washing and started with the basic washing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience