turbocharged levin...

mono

Aug 18, 2004
anyone got this engine to let go?
already moded wif turbo n stuff...willing to trade wif sr20det...do PM me...
thnx

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
you didn't tell what levin you want ler. 86 also got levin maybe they turbocharge the old 4ag. hachi go also levin you wan 3A-U turbo ar lolx jk.. be more specific lar or else ppl here also cannot help

speedchaser

Known Member
Sep 21, 2004
KL & Ipoh
I willing to part with the engine, fully tuned with TD05 spec turbo with about 250hp on wheel. Interested contact me 016-2622222

Specs:
Engine (4AGZE) AE101
TD05 spec turbo (Tong Turbo)
Custom tune length manifold
ACL Performance Rod Bearings
7M-GTE Front Mount Intercooler with custom Mandrel Bends
Oil Cooler
LSD Gear Box
48mm External Wastegate with 2 1/2 inch dump pipe. (New)
Pierburg (6.5 bar) Fuel Pump
450cc Injectors
APEXi Dual Stage BOV
Extra Large K&N Filter
TRD clutch set (2 months old)
Running 18psi

I tuned the engine personally, no jerking apart from the ocassional TRD clutch jerk. That's to be expected. It's very smooth and you don't have to worry about the power, it will shred a 16" 205/45 wheel in 3rd gear. Hard to control in my ST150 chassis, that's why I'm selling it. Come test it and give me a proposal. Only if you are serious about it.

I'm looking for an automatic 20v black top to get me from point A to point B. Getting old, don't need those obscene torque anymore.

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
speedchaser,
how much u willing to let go of ure engine?
u wannna trade with 20v blacktop or sr20det?

speedchaser

Known Member
Sep 21, 2004
KL & Ipoh
The 8.9 C/R pistons is very reliable and there's no cause to change it, there'll be no problems provided your fueling and your ignition timing is spot on.

SideWaysGrey, come and take a look at the engine first and maybe go for a test, then you'll see whether it's worth it. Give me a proposal by then, and yes I would like an automatic black top 20V in the car. My left foot is sore if there's a jam in the Federal highway.

No Nissan for me. It's been a few engines and all of them are 4AGs in the same chassis since I've fell in love with Toyota 12 years ago and I would still wanna stick around with them.

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
My thumbs up for his engine and his detail care in maintaining the car. I have personally taken a ride in his ST150 and it scared the sh*t outta me. ( and also the car on the opposite lane)

Speedchaser is a veteran in Toyota. His favourite pastime is enjoying his cigar and lecturing bout toyota.. ( i kena before ..hahaha)

Good luck in your trade.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
speedchaser,
yeah i know, and thats why i ask if its still using the stock piston as i am not interested in other aftermarket because i ask a few before and some even use pistons with CR of 7.5:1 for high boost. for me i plan to run boost at about 12-13psi only and i need more power at low end rpm when the turbo haven't kicked in.

speedchaser

Known Member
Sep 21, 2004
KL & Ipoh
You're right on Rollakid, stock piston is more than enough for a normal drive. Well, we've tried that with 25psi daily with no problems on a bro's MK1 for 2 years until he sold it off, don't have to worry. 12psi is peanuts, you'll want more, believe me. :D

Low end is where you need to tune it and your manifold design is critical. Don't bother about tune length, it's all hype.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
planning to run 12 psi cuz i heard stock gze injector only good for 13psi of boost or something. bigger than that it can't pump enough fuel. i'm really short on money now (still saving), and boy i gotta learn how to control a higher power car first man... stock 4K engine only pumps out something like 62hp and 8-9kg/m2 of torque. running 12psi on a gze will have more than 3 time the power. need to learn first.

speedchaser

Known Member
Sep 21, 2004
KL & Ipoh
Yeah, power without control is nothing. Yet power is addictive. Original injectors can take up to about 15psi but that's pushing it to the limit of its duty cycle. But that doesn't mean we can just whack 15 pounds and hope the horses will start pulling from the wheels.

You need bigger pumps and fuel pressure, lower temps, turbo type... etc. And when you have that you might start having erratic idle... and you start getting more stuff... etc and suddenly with that power, your stock clutch will start yelling to you it's quitting... and that's where you need one strong enough to hold it all together.

and ... man... pocket will start shrinking right when you hit the 190hp mark. Believe me, I've been through quite a number of turbo conversions. Depends on how loaded you are cos with a tight budget, you can still stretch the hell out of it but it might still tear up.

If you have friends who've done it, follow their footsteps and learn from their mistakes. You can save a lot there.

I wish you well on your endeavors. Good luck.

4agze

2,000 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by banzai@Dec 11 2004, 01:52
My thumbs up for his engine and his detail care in maintaining the car. I have personally taken a ride in his ST150 and it scared the sh*t outta me. ( and also the car on the opposite lane)

Speedchaser is a veteran in Toyota. His favourite pastime is enjoying his cigar and lecturing bout toyota.. ( i kena before ..hahaha)

Good luck in your trade.
waaa.... looks like banzai got secret project alraedy kaa?? :lol: