'TUK' sound coming from frt suspension after changing to lowering springs

justgti

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Sifus and gurus, need some help here. Currently on a 2004 idsl city. Using tein stech springs with stock shockies.. Problem is there's some 'chiet chiet' sound coming from the front passenger side. The sound is soft but audible and the same sound will occur if i try to tug and push the springs when the car is stationary. The next problem is a 'TUK' sound which occurs each time i go over a speed bump at speeds 8km and above..its like when u just 'hit' the speed bump, the irritatin sound will occur, but if u roll up to it slowly, then there's no sound. Is there anyone whom knows a solution to this? Can anyone recommend a good shop which deals with these things? I would like them to remove the springs and reinstall them and add some cushioning on the tip and end of the springs to prevent these sounds..any shop does that ar? was thinkin of N1 racing in sunway but they charge at a high price and heard some bad comments on the shop. I'm just familiar with sunway area..so anyone can recommend a place where i can fix this problem? Thanks a lot in advance :)

sasuke

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 23, 2004
Try Spoon sport in SS3. It could be many reasons. One of the tat I can think of is the spring might not installed properly. When the spring not fit properly with the absorber it will create sound. It also might caused by the spring rings are hitting each other when they have been compressed. Just my 2 cents. :)

justgti

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Penang
Visit site
thanks bro..but aren't there any shops closer nearby? SS3 is in PJ right..not really familiar with kl areas...thanks

danieL

500 RPM
Oct 3, 2004
its your spring moving on the seat...
just bring to the place u put the spring or most tyre shops, they should be able to solve it. Just put a rubber hose on the end of the spring should stop the sound

justgti

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Penang
Visit site
thanks bro for the input...the reason i can't go back is because i'm in kl now and i did my installation in penang..so dunno wad's hapening...i will get to one of the shops then..thanks

danieL

500 RPM
Oct 3, 2004
no problem bro..

pinches

Known Member
May 28, 2004
Funny la.. I put Eibach the end also dun have the rubber (for front springs), dun hv sound also. Could it be the design?

This is not the first time I heard of this problem on a City. Jazz and Vios with Tein S-tech also the same.

danieL

500 RPM
Oct 3, 2004
depends on the springs and absorber lah......some not so fitting, some can fit properly..
maybe eibach springs are better fit, who knows?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi does rr engine fit honda city 2009 body???

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

i wan some power in my car but i dunno wat should i do , can give any advice , sum1 tell me rr fit but sum say dun fit , sumore rr engine expensive, any cheaper way??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience