Do you like your Honda without 'lock and unlock' beep sound?

Do you like your Honda without 'lock and unlock' beep sound?

• Yes, the new Honda silent lock and unlock is good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, i want the convention beep sound

• No, i want the convention beep sound, maybe in future for my son no need (i dont care when i'm dead)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 17, 2006
I have recently heard a lot of complains on Honda new vehicle in Malaysia without lock and unlock sound. Some of my survey saids that no sound is good.

1) no noise pollution
2) no one knows when you enter the car (prevent from thief)

some lazy Malaysian said

1) i lock car no see my car one, i walk a way far far then press.. got sound then lock lo.. no sound then tekan tekan more times lo..
2) the feel of the beep is lock! it is convention

I can see now that all Honda is migrating from convention sound to no sound

izzit acceptable?

skye_n1

Mar 21, 2009
I'm not sure about this but for some reason Mercedes is also using without sound central locking system.
Maybe Honda can put up an extra function for user to turn the beeping sound on or off.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Merc since the w210 already no sound...but for my personal preference...i like my remote to be able to select sound or no sound...so if i come home late, i still can lock silent n sneak in :biggrin:

leolance

Jul 17, 2006
skne and arturo.. thanks for your reply.. i will ensure your comment will contribute to future Honda vehicle development... :cheers:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
I prefer to have the "beep" sound as it does gives an indication of whether izzit lock or unlock

"Beep" once = Lock

"Beep" "Beep" twice = Unlock

This are nothing new anyway ..

Why not "Honda Vehicle Development" come out with a remote that vibrates when it is lock and unlock

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sounds like a good idea on Arturo and Loose_end's post.

Is good if can choose to switch on or off for the alarm beeping sound or even put the vibrating function on the remote. At least we know if car is lock or not lock.

As for the silent mode, the only good purpose, I think is to remain low profile and also at the same time when we go to work early in the morning and we wouldn't want to wake our mum/dad/wife up by the sound of the car beeping. Is kinda loud especially for BLM. :smile:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Danz....yah. certain aftermarket alarms can choose. like wat SF say la...sometimes better to arm disarm quietly. esp early morning or late nite. sometimes come back very late dont want to kacau ppl so silent arm loh. u go n think too far aredy ler Danz hahahah

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I don't think it makes much of a difference whether there is a beep sound or non beep sound alarm system for thieves issues.

If they wanna rob you, be it ur alarm is silent or beeping, they will wait for you and attack at the right time. They do not depend on sound to know whether the driver is coming, but they are using their eyes to keep watch on your car and waiting somewhere to make the move.

Which is why I don't think it helps much.